“A great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Dallas/Las Colinas

Save Saved
You added Wingate by Wyndham Dallas/Las Colinas to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Dallas/Las Colinas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   850 W. Walnut Hill Lane, Irving, TX 75038 (Formerly Wingate Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 76 hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
Redding
“A great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is nestled in between others but has a character all its own. I think that comes from the great staff. Joseph checked us in both times that we stayed here. That's right, we came back to stay again after wandering all over Texas. Joseph was so helpful in telling us about the car rental return, the hotel, and even places to eat in the area. He is a true asset.
The rooms are large and pretty comfortable. I would have given this 5 stars if the beds had been queen sized. The full beds are a bit small. However, the comforts of the room are good. There is a comfortable chair, refrigerator, microwave, and desk. There are other benches where you can sit and watch TV. The towels are large and fluffy. The amenities include the usual shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion. All of these were good quality. The hotel was reasonably quiet and we didn't hear a lot of activity after the quiet hours began. The buffet was pretty good and is great for traveling, especially with children. They have a great waffle maker in the shape of Texas! The gathering between 5:30-7:30 featured tasty items with beer and wine. Nice touch after a tough day on the road. All in all, it's a good buy and a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Mark G, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we are happy to know your stay with us was pleasant and comfortable, we always try to go above and beyond guest expectations to create an enjoyable experience for each and every one of our guests. We will continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us directly at 972-751-1031.

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

First off the hotel is great. The room is great. one of the nicest ones I've been in. Very clean and plenty of space in the room. I have been staying here for 2 weeks with colleagues.

Second, the shuttle driver is great too. The shuttle driver has driven us everyday. He has been very patient and very helpful. He has driven me to and from various places in the area, as well as give me great advice about the area. I believe his name is John. I should mention the other drivers have been fantastic too, this one in particular has just been the one on staff when I needed a ride most often.

Room Tip: I have only been in 2 rooms. I don't know if there are bad rooms. Mine was good.
Green Features: The room is very clean and the service is very good. Every day I came back from work, my room had been cleaned. The room was well organized and hygienic.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was able to secure this hotel through Priceline for $45/night and at first I was a tad skeptical about this property, because I was hoping that I was going to get the Aloft Las Colinas, which is VERY nice. But upon getting into the room and seeing how comfortable and accommodating everything was, my reservations about this place went out the window.

The bed was very comfortable, the air conditioning worked EXTREMELY well, there was great free wifi with strong signal throughout the property, the desk had hardwired connections available, there was a microwave and a fridge there also. Plus, they had a free hot breakfast daily with bacon, sausage, a waffle maker, eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, breads, juices, etc. Everything you'd probably have spent good money on eating elsewhere. And it was actually good!!

Free parking and the area is relatively safe. I felt comfortable coming very late each night. Restaurants are within half a mile from this place and a Japanese restaurant next door.

The representatives were friendly and made a good impression for me.

The Cons: Well, the restroom door cannot be left open while using the facilities -- the oval shower curtain was getting in the way. The toilet was a bit loud when flushing, but I think its because of its make. The elevator had some kind of odd and apparent unusual sound, but worked just fine.

If you like my reviews, please give me a thumbs up! I hope this content is helpful.

Room Tip: Use Priceline for additional savings.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Mark Gammill

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Dallas/Las Colinas? Share your experiences!