“Overall good experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Dallas/Las Colinas

You added Wingate by Wyndham Dallas/Las Colinas to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Dallas/Las Colinas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   850 W. Walnut Hill Lane, Irving, TX 75038 (Formerly Wingate Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #24 of 76 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Overall good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were happy with the room and most part of their guest service. Nice clean spacious room, complimentary breakfast, shuttle service.

When we requested something over the phone, it took 1 hour first time, 2nd and 3rd time, we couldn't wait and went to the reception. When we went down, they took care of the problem in a short time. Shuttle service sometimes took too long for pickup.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had to get routed to a local hotel due to weather. The hotel was clean and had a quick check in process. The breakfast was great. Front desk staff excellent. Shuttle to airport. I would stay again. I had never stayed at a Wingate, but will book in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I needed a place to stay for an overnight layover at DFW. I chose this hotel because it was low cost, near the airport, and provided free shuttle service-all I needed was a bed and transportation. I arrived on an international flight at 7:15 pm, got my luggage, breezed through customs and went to catch the shuttle. There was no shuttle there so I called the hotel to let them know I needed a ride. I was informed tersely that the shuttle service ended at 8:00 pm (it was 8:04). I had to get a cab to the hotel for $28 including tip and then found out at the front desk that the shuttle service didn't start until 7:00 am. My flight left at 8:00 am. The front desk clerk said that if I took the 7:00 am shuttle I would arrive at the airport at 7:15-right, check my bag, get through security and to my gate for a flight that's starts boarding at 7:30 and that's assuming that the shuttle would actually be reliable. I don't think so. The taxi in the morning charged a flat rate of $40 for a short trip to the airport (another negative review coming for that service) so I ended up paying $70 for transportation-about the same as I spent for the room. Not happy.

Room Tip: The hotel is just ok if you need a room at a decent price. If you want transportation to the airport...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Raj C, Owner at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Ken,

I appreciate your time in giving us your feedback. We take great pride in providing an excellent customer service experience. Our shuttle hours do not change and are posted on our website or available from our Front Desk Agents.

You said yourself that you called for a shuttle after shuttle hours most likely our driver has left the hotel. If he was still there we would have gladly made an exception to pick you up from the airport. I apologize that you had to take a cab back to the airport but we did not schedule your flight and had no way of knowing it was outside of our shuttle hours.

Again I thank you for your business but I respectfully disagree with the title of "Horrible Shuttle Service". If you can contact the hotel prior to your next trip we will review your flight itinerary and make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks!!
Raj

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Dallas/Las Colinas? Share your experiences!