“Could be improved long-stay 20 mins from the airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Green Park Dr, Irving, TX 75038 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #64 of 76 hotels in Irving
Los Angeles, California
“Could be improved long-stay 20 mins from the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I chose this long stay motel because of its proximity to my meetings. I was here for 4 days and found the room was well equipped with a small kitchette, desk work area and chair. The wifi was strong enough to allow my laptop to do what it needed to do.

There were some cleaniness issues - see photos: the lounge chair was stained and the work chairs had dust and "crumbs" on them. The bathroom area had carpet wear and the sink cabinet was a bit worn out. The bathroom had cracked tiles and next to the toilet was an old pee stained (yuck!) None of these are deal breakers, but I don't think I've seen all of these in one single room before.

What I did like was the DVD player in the room. But where to get a DVD I'm not sure? Other hotels have had a library to borrow from. Not this one.

My light in my room above the desk went out on day 2. Although I reported it twice nothing was sorted out. I'm not sure what happens to such requests. When I arrived at my room there were no coat hangers, but I got some from the front desk.

My colleague paid a similar rate at a 4-star hotel the airport. If you don't mind driving the extra distance and want the hotel experience you might want to consider that.

Food: The included breakfast was very poor. It was a coffee station in the lobby. There was packet oatmeal, some apples, coffee, some snack bars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The cleanliness of the room you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am having additional training with my team. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dco@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

As you can see by the pictures that I attached that the room was the pits!
The only good thing about the room was that the bed was clean. The rest of the room needs to be torn out and redone. It should never have been rented it out like that.
The furniture was worn out. The cabinets were dirty and scratched up. The tub was rust stained and needed grouting. It was just nasty.
The staff were great and very helpful, especially the front desk person Celia and the van driver.
I went to the hotel's site and emailed them about it and told them that I had pictures if they wanted them. I never heard back from them.
The only reason that I i didn't give them a worse rating was because of their helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay here with us was an unpleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am currently addressing the issues you mention in your review. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at DCO@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I arrived in town for an extended business trip. This hotel had been recommended for it's low price and convenient location. I work long hours and did not require much from a hotel, but the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was a little run down, but the layout was very nice and the cleaning staff did a great job. This hotel is near many restaurants, a gym, several drugstores, and public transit. I look forward to staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the road have the morning sun, which helps me since I'm not a good morning r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff did an excellent job. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

A downtown late night reception had me looking for a last minute place to stay. the extended stay style is bigger rooms yet simpler designs and older amenities, however for safety, security and low price its a great deal in Irving

Room Tip: first floor was very quiet... good neighborhood
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear the hotel had everything you needed and the staff made you feel at home. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I moved here on January 1, 2011 for a new job and needed a place to stay while family stayed in St. Louis so my son could finish his senior year in high school. I was looking for an economical situation since I needed to be here for 12 - 18 months. Extended Stay Deluxe offered one of the best rates in the area along with some nice amenities. The pool area was refurbished at the beginning of the summer of 2012 and areas of the hotel have been updated. I am in a King room (which is basicallly 2 rooms with a wall removed). It has plenty of room and includes a flat screen TV, pull-out sofa, and a leather recliner. It has a nice kitchen with a full size refrigerator, 2-burner stove, dishwasher, coffee maker, pots, pans, dishes, and utensils. Everything you need for an extended stay.

It is difficult to be away from your family for extended periods of time and anything that makes you feel welcome makes you feel at home. Most of the staff here are friendly enough but there are 2 people, Celia at the front desk and Gary in Maintenance, who take it upon themselves to get to know you not only as a guest but go out of their way to be sure that you feel at home. They take the time to ask how things are going in general as well as checking on how the hotel and your room are meeting your needs. I have never had a problem getting an issue resolved with Celia and Gary.

I would definitely recommend this property for any length of stay. No place is perfect but it is how you react to situations that make all the difference. They definitely try to accomodate your needs and Celia and Gary will take good care of you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the staff has taken good care of you. As a company providing a home away from home experience to our guests is our main objective. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us; we will be sure to pass along your comments to Gary and Celia.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was trapped in Las Colinas on business and I stayed at the hotel. During my stay I was always greeted by the staff. They were very friendly and made my stay as comfortable as possible. The coffee bar was running Monday through Friday. The coffee was always fresh and of Starbucks quality. When I want to stay somewhere I would definitely go to Extended Stay.

Room Tip: The rooms in the first building have a great view of the pool area
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that the staff was successful in making you feel so welcomed. They have a goal of providing every guest with a home away from home experience; its great to hear they accomplished that goal. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed here for 1 week and the stay was pretty good.
The rooms have kitchen attached so we had no problem with cooking. Though never had the breakfast they provided. They have shuttle service to office as well as bi-weekly shuttle service to Walmart. So, it's not difficult to communicate to office or Walmart when you are new to his place.
Only problem was with wifi. The connection is really slow even when you upgrade the plan.
Washer dryer is on the 1st floor. So it's not a problem for laundry. Housekeeping service is good.
Overall, stay was good minus the wifi.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.

Address: 5401 Green Park Dr, Irving, TX 75038 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Texas > Irving
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #64 of 76 hotels in Irving
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Extended Stay, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Dallas Las Colinas Hotel Irving
Extended Stay Irving
Irving Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.