You added Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Irving
New York City, New York
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Spacious and comfortable bedroom. The large bathroom, with all essentials and more, has a separate oversized shower, a plus. Wifi in the room works very well. Polite, friendly and helpful staff. Very good restaurant for lunch and dinner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Giovanna C -
A sincere thank you for your lovely review of our property. In my opinion, there are three very important things to consider when staying at any hotel - a comfortable bed, a great shower and Wifi - and I'm glad that you felt we delivered in all three of those areas! Thank you again for your review and please let us know if you need a place to stay for a future trip. We are here to help you!

vail.tolbert@fourseasons.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have stayed here mutiple times this is the only hotel we will stay at in DFW great clean relaxing atmosphere different room options you can stay in the main hotel area or they have villas on the golf course great service not overbearing also my brothers always play the course it's a beautiful little getaway located about 15-20 minutes from downtown I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2013
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear kaylakay1020,
We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Resort! And tell your brother "thank you" for playing (and enjoying) our TPC golf course. I'll be sure to pass along the kinds words to our golf staff who keep it in pristine condition year round for our guest's enjoyment. I hope you make it back down for a getaway in the near future. And let us know how we can make your stay better!

Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent resort. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The rooms are spacious and luxurious. The bathroom has all of the amenities, including plush robes and a scale. The beds are comfortable with soft pillows. The pool is huge. The spa is wonderful. The lunch buffet in the restaurant was very good. It is a great place for a weekend away.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear KatieBelle24,
Your review of our property was just a delight to read. We definitely love to hear the phrase "it is a great place for a weekend away, " because that is what we strive for. Thank you for your kinds words and we hope you get to return for a "weekend away" again soon.

Four Seasons Resort and Club
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

One of the best Four Seasons in the world. Testimony to good management is the fact that many employees have been there for over 10 years.

Lots of suites, multiple places to eat on property. A full resort and oasis.

Best Concierge operation in DFW, too.

Room Tip: The Villas are fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear TripReview101,
Wow, you really know how to charm us.... "One of the best Four Seasons in the world." That is one of the kindest things anyone has ever said to us. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review about your stay with us. It means the world...literally. I will make sure to pass along your kind words about our concierge staff, they will be thrilled to hear you think they are the "best." Please let us know when you return so we can assist you with your stay.

Warmest regards,
Four Seasons Resort and Club
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed in many FSH over the last twenty years or so, and with a few minor blips, near perfection across the board.
So to give this property two stars really hurts.
I always base my reviews on expectations and this property boasts themselves as being the highest rated resort in the entire state of Texas.
It's true that when one travels (especially a lot), things happen. Sometimes things happen that are within the control of the hotel, and sometimes outside their control.
I always look at the gravity of issues, could they have been prevented and how did they respond (timely, appropriately).

So, for this property, nothing in of itself was horrendous or miserable, but add them all up and it becomes beyond annoying and frustrating, especially for a top rated hotel.

Repeat the same mistakes several times and I get really cranky.

So, here's the timeline of my trip with a fair amount of detail!

Arrive mid afternoon and told check in is at 3, room not ready. I was offered the option of a "not as nice" room, but elected to wait. They took my mobile number and as promised, sent me a text when the room was ready.

Having not had lunch, I elected to sit in the lounge area at the bar and order some lunch. It was late and just a few people around. I asked the bartender "Do you have a wine list".

Her response was to point past me and say "It's over there". A little perplexed and not entirely sure where she was pointing, I asked again to which she replied slightly agitated "The brown thing on the table behind you, over there"

So, I walked over to the credenza and grabbed a wine list, ordered some soup and had a glass of wine.

The soup was delicious, time to pay and that became an issue as I wanted to put it on my room and didn't have a room # yet.

I returned to the front desk, checked in, mused about the bartender's behaviour at lunch, and in proper FS etiquette, the person behind the front desk owned the issue (minor though it was, it's a service industry and culture).

Room was mostly clean - I always know when there is hair that isn't mine, very easy given my lack of hair, and the used contact lens was a nice touch. I didn't actually complain about these at the time.

Later that afternoon, prior to dinner the F&B MOD called me to apologize, thank me for bringing it to their attention, and asked if I would join them later for a glass of wine on them. I thanked her, advised I would stop by either before or after my event reception.

So, after my reception, stopped by the bar, introduced myself, had great service from a different bartender than earlier in the day. I ordered a glass of wine, and since I hadn't eaten dinner asked for the menu.

On recommendation, chose short ribs from the restaurant menu which arrived some time later.

Sadly they were cold. When I say cold, I don't mean they weren't hot, fridge cold in the centre. So, when asked how they were, being Canadian I honestly replied they were cold (flavour was delicious).

She apologized, and arranged for a replacement. Said replacement arrived quite a bit later.

Take two
Well, they were hot! They were also almost entirely fat - I cook a lot. I get it - short ribs are fatty, but this was probably 80% gristle and fat and visibly inedible. So I picked at as I was rather hungry, ate all the garnish around it, had another glass of wine.

Eventually my plate was my removed, short rib fatty mass covering the plate. Another apology, check covered. Still hungry but more tired and irritated than hungry.

Next day - breakfast buffet and lunch at our event was very good.

In between meetings I try to get some work done in the room, knowing that paying for Premium Internet will make sure I can get my email no problem, not like I need to stream video or anything. No such luck, internet is so bad, VPN timing out. Call downstairs, manager calls me back. "It's being used a lot right now apparently. Perhaps if you could try after 11 or early in the morning". Of course my work can wait and I will make sure I use the middle of the night so I can get email. I know it's an issue for hotels, and again, this isn't a deal breaker, but it should be at least functional, especially when paying for it. Manager offers to comp my internet for the day. That's very generous to take something off my bill that I am paying for that doesn't work.

End of day I stop by the little lobby store as I had run out of toothpaste. Well, I guess they close at 5 or something, so I stopped by front desk.

"No problem" says the woman behind the front desk, we have toothpaste here. Only there wasn't any. "No problem" - we have toothpaste over here as she goes off to concierge area. Well guess what? No toothpaste there either. That's ok - "Send some up to your room right away".

Dinner
About fifteen of us sit down for a dinner after some bottles of wine in the restaurant. We have a set menu with choice of main course. Service is excellent, and the food is really good, but there's one surprise with our crabcake course.

I notice immediately the crabcakes are served on a very chilled plate. I ask my fellow diners and they also have chilled plates. As a result the crabcakes are cold.

I call one of the wait staff over and ask why we have hot (well they were once upon a time) food on chilled plates. He smiles and says he will ask the manager/chef. Fifteen minutes goes by, and I ask him again. He smiles and says he will ask again. This time I suggest the well dressed grinning manager may want to come by.

I ask the manager why this is the case - he doesn't seem to know, but he does offer to bring me a replacement (of course we are all done now) or do something else.

Still, no explanation whatsoever. Otherwise the dinner was great, but when you're paying a ton of money, especially with all the wine...
How can you make such a mistake?
How can you not notice from the expediter to the waiter etc., that something so obvious is wrong!
How can you ignore your customer asking you - more than once.

Again, not a big deal, but really?

So, upstairs I trod at end of night, exhausted after a long day, looking forward to brushing my teeth. Alas, it was not to be. Another phone call, another apology but I did get some toothpaste!

I get a little upset at this point and speak with the manager, he asks what he can do, and I tell him I would love a late check out as I have my gf coming in the late morning, and he offers to buy lunch for us as well.

The next day, although I have a late checkout, as I am doing work, there are constant knocks at the door from housekeeping starting at 12:01, despite the DND sign on the door. I give up and go back downstairs.

We have a great lunch, I get an explanation from chef that plates were switched at dinner last night with another function, and several people offer apologies in person and via email, with an offer of a future free night.

So yes, they sort of made up for it, frankly, it wasn't my money, I would have rather had things go better.

Handled well? Eventually

Four Seasons? Not like any I have ever been to

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
P_Pollak, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Ckccan,

Thank you for your very thorough feedback on your past experience. Rest assured we have discussed it at length with our team in order to correct the issues you experienced.

As I said when we met, I perfectly understand your frustrations and appreciate very well the negative perception this has left on you and for that please accept my most sincere apologies. As you rightfully mention, this is not what we are known for and would love to have the chance to provide you with the right Four Seasons experience in the not too distant future. I will be more than happy to personally assist you with your reservation should you decide to give us another chance while in Dallas.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Best regards,

Patrick B. Pollak
Resort Manager
patrick.pollak@fourseasons.com
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Who knew that there was such a nice property 15 minutes outside of Dallas? The Four Seasons was a great place to spend a weekend. I didn't get to spend enough time in the hotel to review it thoroughly, but everything that one expects from a Four Seasons was there: the impeccable service, the beautiful rooms, and the great location. Two things in particular stand out: first, I don't know that I have ever slept better in my life. We had a very busy two weeks leading up to the weekend, and both nights we stayed at the hotel, my wife and I closed our eyes and got about 10 hours of sleep. Personally, I think I could have stayed in bed the entire weekend. Also notable was the hotel bar/restaurant, which was surprisingly good, and featured a great selection of Texas beers. Living in Texas, that doesn't matter as much to me, but I know that my family from out of state really enjoyed themselves. A nice touch, but of course, would you expect any less?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ty D,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your relaxing weekend at the Resort! And especially happy to learn that you got some good sleep on the famous Four Seasons beds. They are legendary and you can always rest assured that a good night's sleep is in your future when you stay at any Four Seasons property. I will pass along your kudos about our Texas beers to our beverage manager, who oversees our drink menu and available selections. They will be happy to hear you were pleased with what we had to offer. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future, so don't hesitate to reach out for reservation assistance.

Regards,
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

As i am employee of four seasons property in maldives, i have so many benefits from my property. so i applied my complementary nights in four seasons dallas on april 2013 and it was great experience in room, restaurant and service. the place and environment and the golf course area was fantastic. happy to be four seasons employee.

Room Tip: any of the room are good ....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!