“A great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights at the start of our tour in the USA. Arrived on the Saturday of the weekend of July 4th celebrations and hotel was very busy with family groups, by the following lunchtime it was far quieter. Having booked a fairway room we were assigned room 393, unfortunately this was sited over the air conditioning units which made using the balcony impossible due to the noise. However the hotel were very accommodating and moved us the following day to a garden villa with direct access to the resort pool which was just perfect as we were a family group.

The gym facilities were unbelievably good and we made good use of them. Food in Bar 19 was also of a good quality.

We discovered towards the side of the hotel (literally a short walk across the road) an excellent Tom Thumb supermarket which also housed a Starbucks - very handy if you did not want a full hotel breakfast. Also a great FroYo bar.

A great stay and a great hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms ending in *93 as are sited above external air conditioning units so very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Englewood, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Staying at a Four Seasons is always a pleasure. My wife stayed here the day I went to a conference 45 minutes away. She gets massages every week and everywhere we go, so when she told me that her massage was the best she ever had, it says something. The food was also superb and a pleasant surprise. If we have to be near Dallas again, we'll certainly stay here.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We always have a very pleasant stay at this hotel as always.
The staff are very friendly and helpfull.
Highly recommend if you want to stay with a very quiet ,clean room.
We did not get the room with golf course view, because we did not to pay the extra charge for the view.But everything is first class in that hotel.

Swimming pool was great !

Room Tip: Corner room are very quite and with a large window.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were recently in Dallas for the TPC Four Seasons Invitational Golf Tournament by TJGT. After looking at all the hotel options in the area we decided to splurge and stay on site. The experience for my Junior golfer was great to see how truly great a resort hotel can be. He may be spoiled for life, however he can now strive to one day work hard and return on his own!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area if you are in the tower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have stayed at this Four Seasons a number of times over the years. I watched the physical plant ebb and flow over the years, but the one consistent thing was a positve check-in experience. They have always been gracious about accommodating speical requests and I have typically had very nice rooms. However on this trip (business related) I was planning on staying an extra day have the family join me. I asked for a room with some extra space, and after several minutes the clerk found one. Great! Then I was told that will be 25 dollars more per night. I decided to pass. When I got my room it was one overlooking the main entrance, facing west toward the blazing sun.. I came back down and asked if I could have a better view since my wife would be coming. I was told sure. But it would have to be on a lower floor and it would be 20 dollars more per night.

I felt like I was in one of those restaurants where they offer you shrimp for $3 more and cheese on the potato for .50 cents. I understand needing revenue, but there has be a better way than upcharging for everytihng. Sorry Four Seasons, you are losing your hospitality edge!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and at the price we paid per night it was hard to get a good night's sleep. I was very disappointed with the spa which looked nice, but all the time slots were booked and I couldn't take advantage of the area. The poor area was well maintained. In terms of dining, the food, while very good, was overpriced. I recommend going off site to a nearby Mexican food restaurant where the food was better and the prices very reasonable. My husband enjoyed the golf though and it would be the golf which would bring us back and nothing else. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was nothing exciting. I have visited other like resorts that where some what better in Florida, Arizona, and the Caribbean. We are use to some other amenities. The bed was not very comfortable. The only person that was nice was the guy checking us in. It is sad because we stayed in the four seasons in Austin, Texas and had a wonderful experience. I guess customer service is not as important at all the resorts. We actually live in Plano, Texas and very much wanted to relax locally more often instead of travelling to the Caribbean a different State.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!