“Have come to expect so much more!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up To $200 Resort Credit
Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Missouri City, Texas
“Have come to expect so much more!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have had the privilege of staying at several Four Seasons properties around the world and have equated the chain with the best of the best. They certainly charge in that category. However, our stay at Las Colinas was adequate at best. Service was just mediocre, lunch was nothing special and our room had no hot water. We were there for the Cotton Bowl so we did not say anything the night we used the showers thinking that they would be better the next morning. THEY WERE NOT. We informed the front desk and we were passed around several times and did receive multiple apologies but that is where it ended. At those rates I expected a great deal more. The hotel appeared to be completely unprepared for the influx of guest that had arrived to enjoy the Cotton Bowl. All in all I would say that I was disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
P_Pollak, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear JDW92,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will definitely use it to seek constant improvements.

I am really sorry to read that your experience was subpar due to the hot water situation. Even though mechanical emergencies might occur, we should be able to react properly and it seems we feel short. Once again and as conveyed before, please accept my most sincere apologies.

I have also taken note of your comments about the service and food. Rest assured that we pride ourselves in providing the best service and product and anything less than is a cause of concern which we have discussed internally at length.

I know this won't bring back your experience, but I certainly hope that you will give us another opportunity. I would be delighted to take care of your reservation and needs so we can provide the experience you have come to expect from Four Seasons.

Best regards,

patrick.pollak@fourseasons.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Bad experience for a 5 star four seasons. Main building room was older and ugly in decor...empty you could say but for the good bed and a desk. No pictures, no accents. I had to ask 3 times for kids amenities before someone delivered, no turndown service performed automatically, had to ask twice. The bare minimum amenities for their star rating, no extras like slippers. They tried to double charge for services on checkout, accident? All in all way below 5 star, not worth the extra money. Four seasons elsewhere, hell yes, in Dallas, no thank you

Room Tip: get a suite or choose a different hotel. They likely treat you better in a suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tobias G

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very disappointed to read that we were not able to provide you with the overall experience and value you were looking for.
I believe you stayed in our Tower rooms and am I happy to share with you that we are about to finish an art up date to these rooms so that we bring a few elements of decor and an up graded feel. We also have a wide array of room types and locations, each with a very different feel and decor like our villa rooms.
I wanted to reiterate my most sincere apologies for the missed amenities, missed turndown and billing error you experienced. Those are part of our standard amenities and procedures and we obviously dropped the ball with that. We have reviewed this with the teams involved in order to avoid any recurrence.
I certainly hope you can give us another opportunity and I would be happy to assist you with your reservation in order to recommend a better set up and room location. Don't hesitate to contact me if you are ready to visit us, I'll be delighted to assist you.
Best regards.

Monroe, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this property a number of times over the years. One of the older properties within the The Four Seasons, but still very nice. Service is what would be expected from a property of this nature: Knowledgeable, respectful, and willing to help. We always get a Suite whether it is in the main tower or one of the named suites on the top floor. Utilize the facilities such as the spa and locker rooms. Steam shower and cold plunge seem to always help with the relaxation. The availability to utilize the locker rooms free of charge is one amenity the The Four Seasons offers that most of the competition does not. My wife and I come to the property twice a year as a getaway from the kids and to enjoy some quiet time with some much needed relaxation and the spa and locker rooms help us achieve this. Nice to retire to a wonderful suite with a robe and slippers to enjoy room service

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

To begin, this property is beautiful, quiet and centrally located in the area. However, the staff was not very engaging. Everyone was really young and seemed to just be there. Perhaps it was because it was close to the holiday and they were working? Check-in took an unbelievably long time. When I was booked, I was signed up to receive a special holiday Northpark Mall promo. They touted this as a gift bag with a $50 gift card to the mall, complimentary valet parking, and over $500 more feebies. The check-in rep said he wasn't sure about this and had to leave to find out about it twice. This was advertised on their website, so I would assume most people staying there would have signed up for it. When he came back, he said I could have the bag, but the $50 mall gift card was not included, as they ran out. This seemed strange that this is what they hyped, then didn't have. He also seemed confused about what perks my room package included. I had to ask if each of the items was included to get any detail. When I tried to talk to him about the local area, he pretty much blew me off. Even the girl in the gift shop was unfriendly. It was almost like they were all mad about something.

The first morning, I went down to grab a quick cup of "6am - 10am complimentary coffee" around 9am. They were out. I advised the front desk and was told the lobby bar sold coffee if I wanted to get a cup there. I don't mind paying for things, and am not so needy I am unable to. However, I expect to get what is advertised and what should be included in what I am already paying for. I was looking for fast and self serve.

I called a few days in advance to confirm my reservation and was transferred to the concierge. The man I spoke to confirmed me, then I asked about parking at an area event. He said he really didn't know, then suggested maybe I could call such and such to find out. He acted like he didn't have time to deal with me and was not very familiar with the local area. In addition, there was some difficulty finding the reservation he confirmed when I was at check-in.

The room was spacious, but the beds were small. The deadbolt would not lock unless you lifted the door by the knob while turning it, as it if was misaligned. To unlock it was a bear. The middle shelf in the dresser was broken.

The pluses were: the bell staff. They were attentive and pleasant. Parking was a breeze and the breakfast was good quality. The toiletries are L'Occitane and very good quality. There are so many choices in the Dallas area, I'm not sure if I will stay here next time or not. It just did not have the same feel as other Four Seasons I have stayed at.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Familyfour65,

Thank you taking the time to post your comments and share your experience.

I am delighted to see that you did enjoy the room in general, the amenities and overall food as well as the service from our bell staff. On the other hand I am terribly sorry to learn that you went through so many little issues from the missing promotion at check in to some of the staff responses and feel you got from them. We work hard at providing true personalized service and hearing this is in no way aligned with what we usually do. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this. I have taken the time to share this whole experience with the team in order to correct these perceptions. I have also taken note of the door and shelving issue and have addressed it.

I know there are many choices out there and I thank you for trying Four Seasons Dallas. Your experience was not customary of the level of service we are known for and I would love another opportunity at providing you the experience you deserve. I would be delighted to help you with your future reservation when you are ready.

Best regards.

Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Lucky to hav been able to stay at this luxury hotel for a business trip. Located very nearby the company I was visiting. Everything about my stay made my trip and work easier. Location, not too far from DFW, comfortable room with every amenitiy, excellent room service food and restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days in Sept 2012. Its not far from the airport & my room had an excellent view of downtown Dallas. People loved this hotel because it had a golf course within the property. Staff is very cordial & quality of service in par with expectations from a Four Seasons. Great job guys.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear ravishekhar10,
Thanks for the kind review! I'll be sure to pass along your encouraging words to the staff. And glad you enjoyed your experience while here on business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Have a great holiday and new year!

Vail Tolbert
Director of Public Relations
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here in October for a conference. It was a great stay and I certainly enjoyed, but couldn't justify the expense on my own dime. If you don't mind paying for the luxury, it was definitely a great stay. The facilities are fantastic with everything from a spa, to golf, to indoor tennis courts, to racquetball....... If resorts are your thing and you've got the funds, it's awesome!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear mowens,
Thank you for such a kind review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Resort while on business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Hopefully it will be no work and all play next time!

Vail Tolbert
Director of Public Relations

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!