“Average Feel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 76 hotels in Irving
NM
“Average Feel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

To begin, this property is beautiful, quiet and centrally located in the area. However, the staff was not very engaging. Everyone was really young and seemed to just be there. Perhaps it was because it was close to the holiday and they were working? Check-in took an unbelievably long time. When I was booked, I was signed up to receive a special holiday Northpark Mall promo. They touted this as a gift bag with a $50 gift card to the mall, complimentary valet parking, and over $500 more feebies. The check-in rep said he wasn't sure about this and had to leave to find out about it twice. This was advertised on their website, so I would assume most people staying there would have signed up for it. When he came back, he said I could have the bag, but the $50 mall gift card was not included, as they ran out. This seemed strange that this is what they hyped, then didn't have. He also seemed confused about what perks my room package included. I had to ask if each of the items was included to get any detail. When I tried to talk to him about the local area, he pretty much blew me off. Even the girl in the gift shop was unfriendly. It was almost like they were all mad about something.

The first morning, I went down to grab a quick cup of "6am - 10am complimentary coffee" around 9am. They were out. I advised the front desk and was told the lobby bar sold coffee if I wanted to get a cup there. I don't mind paying for things, and am not so needy I am unable to. However, I expect to get what is advertised and what should be included in what I am already paying for. I was looking for fast and self serve.

I called a few days in advance to confirm my reservation and was transferred to the concierge. The man I spoke to confirmed me, then I asked about parking at an area event. He said he really didn't know, then suggested maybe I could call such and such to find out. He acted like he didn't have time to deal with me and was not very familiar with the local area. In addition, there was some difficulty finding the reservation he confirmed when I was at check-in.

The room was spacious, but the beds were small. The deadbolt would not lock unless you lifted the door by the knob while turning it, as it if was misaligned. To unlock it was a bear. The middle shelf in the dresser was broken.

The pluses were: the bell staff. They were attentive and pleasant. Parking was a breeze and the breakfast was good quality. The toiletries are L'Occitane and very good quality. There are so many choices in the Dallas area, I'm not sure if I will stay here next time or not. It just did not have the same feel as other Four Seasons I have stayed at.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
P_Pollak, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Familyfour65,

Thank you taking the time to post your comments and share your experience.

I am delighted to see that you did enjoy the room in general, the amenities and overall food as well as the service from our bell staff. On the other hand I am terribly sorry to learn that you went through so many little issues from the missing promotion at check in to some of the staff responses and feel you got from them. We work hard at providing true personalized service and hearing this is in no way aligned with what we usually do. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this. I have taken the time to share this whole experience with the team in order to correct these perceptions. I have also taken note of the door and shelving issue and have addressed it.

I know there are many choices out there and I thank you for trying Four Seasons Dallas. Your experience was not customary of the level of service we are known for and I would love another opportunity at providing you the experience you deserve. I would be delighted to help you with your future reservation when you are ready.

Best regards.

Patrick Pollak
Resort Manager
patrick.pollak@fourseasons.com

539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Lucky to hav been able to stay at this luxury hotel for a business trip. Located very nearby the company I was visiting. Everything about my stay made my trip and work easier. Location, not too far from DFW, comfortable room with every amenitiy, excellent room service food and restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days in Sept 2012. Its not far from the airport & my room had an excellent view of downtown Dallas. People loved this hotel because it had a golf course within the property. Staff is very cordial & quality of service in par with expectations from a Four Seasons. Great job guys.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear ravishekhar10,
Thanks for the kind review! I'll be sure to pass along your encouraging words to the staff. And glad you enjoyed your experience while here on business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Have a great holiday and new year!

Vail Tolbert
Director of Public Relations
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here in October for a conference. It was a great stay and I certainly enjoyed, but couldn't justify the expense on my own dime. If you don't mind paying for the luxury, it was definitely a great stay. The facilities are fantastic with everything from a spa, to golf, to indoor tennis courts, to racquetball....... If resorts are your thing and you've got the funds, it's awesome!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear mowens,
Thank you for such a kind review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Resort while on business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Hopefully it will be no work and all play next time!

Vail Tolbert
Director of Public Relations
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Staff is helpful and attentive. I liked the room and its facilities. The golf course is great. Well situated between Dallas, Forth Worth and DFW airport. I would definitely return on my next business trip

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

As the father of a twenty-something bride, my only daughter clearly expressed that she desired a "real storybook wedding", complete with an elegant outdoor venue, spectacular food, celebratory wines & champagne, a regal reception hall nearby, capped off with accommodating service, well-appointed rooms for guests--and, of course, an out-of-this-world bridal suite! Doesn't every bride have a similar fantasy, right!?

After searching the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex for weeks--struggling to find "the perfect place", she finally (on my urging) scheduled a tour of the Four Seasons Resort. Initially my daughter had immediately eliminated the Four Seasons for consideration--calculating that there was "no way on earth" we could actually afford the well-known Five Star quality of this most exclusive urban resort. Consequently, with no expectations of success so as not to be disappointed, she called the wedding events department; being routed to Tamara. After attentively listening to my daughter's vision, Tamara clicked into an unbelievable mental sync that completely captured the true essence of our bride's dream. Eerily, it was as though they were sharing the same brain! And the price? The whole wedding package quoted was surprisingly comparable to many other venues with much less elegance and incomparable ambiance.

The next day my daughter nervously arrived at the Four Seasons complex. Tamara instantly put our bride at ease with her friendly, engaging manner; unveiling as the two slowly strolled across the spectacularly verdant property how each moment of the wedding event would potentially unfold: from the rehearsal the night before, to the actual day of preparation for the wedding--for both the bride and the groom--as well as for the bridal party, family, close friends, and wedding guests. Leaving nothing to chance, every detail flowed almost effortlessly in rhythm with my daughter's dream. Unbelievably, to top it all off, the desired weekend for the wedding was still inexplicably available! It was truly meant to be....

As the weeks rolled by, leading up to the wedding, there was no question, no email, no telephone call too trivial for Tamara. She patiently crafted a solution or recommendation for every issue that plagued our daughter and her mother (my wife). Tamara even reassured my girls that the indoor ballroom was being held in readiness should foul weather necessitate moving the wedding indoors at the last moment. None of the other wedding venues had offered this feature of preparedness. Tamara had every base covered for every eventuality it seemed.

Despite the gloomy weather forecast for showers on the wedding day, a bright, blue-skied day arrived instead! (I am sure Tamara arranged for that as well!) To our dismay and with understandable concern, our family was notified the day before the wedding that Tamara's family had a medical emergency in Arizona--necessitating that she fly urgently to the ICU bedside. Other Four Season staff members dutifully and competently stepped up to fill the void of her absence. Of course our hearts and prayers were with Tamara and her family in Arizona; we were disappointed but clearly and compassionately understood that she could not share in our time of celebration--even though she had risen to family-like status with us over these many months of preparing.

All the hours and hours of planning with Tamara paid off wonderfully as the six o'clock wedding rushed toward us--every member of the wedding party and each Four Seasons wedding attendant was in his/her appointed place--sadly except for Tamara of course.... When suddenly, before the final seating of the last wedding guests, who should magically appear at the bride-in-waiting alcove but Tamara! Obviously emotionally fatigued and travel-weary, coming directly from the airport; she was nonetheless right on cue as she adeptly precisely orchestrated the final moments before my lovely bride's processional, imprinting her own special touch of elegance into the final readiness. Who else would have known to share with my daughter--now at my arm--the masterful trick of how to graciously promenade with her flowing wedding gown so as not to trip on perhaps the greatest day of her life!?!? That's Tamara and the Four Season's attention to detail like no other.

Thanks to Tamara the Wedding was flawless! The reception was equally grand! Our guests could not stop raving about how spectacular the music was and just how unbelievably delicious the food tasted. I only wish that I could have had more time to taste everything as well...but such is the life of the father of the bride.

I do not know what my now married daughter's future holds; however, without a doubt, there could never have been any grander venue for my little girl's wedding than the Four Seasons Resort--the well-groomed grounds, the architectural elegance, the gorgeously prepared reception hall, the meticulous attention to detail, and unquestionably the most gracious service we have ever experienced. Yet, most importantly, because only the Four Seasons has Tamara.... (Epilogue: Thankfully her family emergency resolved most favorably!)

Room Tip: Ask for the one of the rooms in the villa if possible. The view of the grounds is spectacular as wel...