“Only 3 Seasons:-(” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 76 hotels in Irving
Mirror Lake, New Hampshire
“Only 3 Seasons:-(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The Four Seasons brand should only be placed on property's that are at, or real near, the apex of the indusrty. Our group has been going to the Las Colinas resort for years, and for several reasons, it continues to fall short. This place has a great location, TWO championship golf courses, fantastic fitness facility, and a weekend pool scene that ranks up there with South Beach! What it lacks are the super trained, competent staff THROUGHOUT the entire property that you always find at Four Seasons resorts. Once you leave the main hotel building, you're leaving the Four Seasons!
Food service in the pool area was super slow, and the guys at the golf course ALWAYS seem to misplace my travel bag. For some stupid reason, they can't get the logistics of moving my golf bag to the hotel without a Mexican fire drill and protracted delays. I'm writing about it now because it seems to be getting worse.
Ultimately, these lousy experiences will diminish the entire Four Seasons chain.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
P_Pollak, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Dear Tim C.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We appreciate your candid feedback and definitely need it in order to seek constant improvement.

I am truly sorry to hear about the slow pool service and misplaced golf bag. Rest assured that we have looked into both issues in order to avoid future recurrence.

We value your loyalty and as a repeat costumer you have come to expect the best. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this lapse in service.

Thank you again for your feedback, I certainly hope that this will not permanently mar your opinion of Four Seasons and that you will be able to give us another opportunity to host you and deliver true Four Seasons service. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance.

Best regards,

Patrick Pollak
Resort Manager
patrick.pollak@fourseasons.com

540 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Cresco, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I spent a night at the Four Seasons (Las Colinas) for a business trip and had these notes:

1. Front Desk/Staff: Very professional and polite. The lady at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. She put me in a room on the 8th floor facing the pool and the golf course. A little cruel considering I was staying only one night and had no time to enjoy the amenities, but I thanked her nonetheless. She recommended a BBQ joint (Sonny Bryans) across the road for lunch and it was pretty good. The consierge was very helpful and polite as well.

2. Room: The room was a non-smoking and had a king-size bed. No complaints. Hi-speed internet was simple to set-up and reasonably inexpensive for a high-end hotel (i.e., about $10/day). The TV's remote control battery was almost dead however...but how would they know unless I complained...which I didn't.

Bathroom was very nice. Separate shower stall...full-sized tub...and toilet in separate closet.

3. Meeting Facilities: No complaints. The rooms were comfortable and properly cooled...it was about 95F outside...about 72F inside. Wireless internet was easy to access.

4. Food: We had breakfast catered. It was a buffet (scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, etc.), and it was very good. Folks at my table complained about the luke-warm coffee, but I figure if that's all you can complain about, then you were looking to complain. The coffee was fine.

The previous night we had dinner in the Wine Room. Prior to dinner, we had finger food and wine in the reception area. I talked up the wine steward, and he was nice enough to give me a brief tour of the wine storage area. He showed me the $1900 bordeaux...kinda neat. Also, he gave me a brief tasting of a couple of reds that he was impressed with. That was very nice of him...although my boss was awfully curious about the tasting since he wasn't offered one.

At the sit-down dinner, the food was excellent. There was a fried quail appetizer which was tender and delicious. I chose a prime NY strip steak for my entree and it was properly medium-rare, although I question if it was really prime as it wasn't as tender as I expected. However, it was delicious. Others had the lamb chops and fish...and they thought the food was by-and-large excellent.

Sonny Bryans BBQ, the day before, was a treat. I had the pig-out platter for lunch. It was pulled pork, a couple of ribs, and sausage. It came with mashed potatoes, a fresh roll, and sweet tea. Not the greatest, but above average, and fine enough after a long flight.

After the meeting, we had a drink in the lobby bar. Service was average and defintely the low point of the day.

5. Fellow Hotel/Resport Patrons: By and large a friendly, well-dressed bunch. I had a couple of chance conversations in the elevator that left me with a smile, and I had a nice talk with a fellow in the lobby on my last day there. Nothing important, but just nice small talk. Living in the northeast, I miss that about the South. They know how to talk with people.

Room Tip: The resort is about 7 miles from DFW airport...a big plus when trying to catch a flight.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was here for a conference so I didn't get to experience all this hotel has to offer but from my experience it lives up to the Four Seasons name.

The rooms were spacious and I was very impressed by the service...from the front desk to housekeeping to room service.

Irving, TX isn't the most exotic place on earth so this isn't some beach resort but it does well given its location. I know it's popular with golfers and I didn't have a chance to play the course so I can't speak to it. The grounds are very nice so I'm sure the course is as well.

For a hotel this large the bar is rather small and the way it is set up is a bit awkward. Not the best use of space and the location of the TV's wasn't optimal.

Beds were quite comfortable and the turndown service at nice was what I would expect for a hotel of this nature.

Overall, definitely a beautiful property in an otherwise pedestrian location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sullivan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Awesome, what else is there to say...atmosphere reminded me of an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica/Cancun!

Ann Arbor, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Overall service was pretty poor. Self park was a good option, but once the bellman and door guys figured out that you were not going to valet, they pretty much vanished. The guys that usually greet guests and hold the doors open upon arrival at the hotel were usually busy doing something with the golf clubs of other guests. If you don't golf, seems like you get another decrease in service level. On the one warm and sunny day of our 3 night stay, I lounged by the pool for several hours. Other guests had chair covers and towels, I had to search for 20 minutes for someone to provide one for me. Even worse, they acted like it was so much trouble for them to do so...sighs and the whole motion. After being poolside for 2 hours and not being offered a menu or drink list, I went to my room and brought some cold beers down that I had purchased from Kroger. The concierge desk could not come up with anything but Domino's Pizza to eat after 9:30 in the evening on a Thursday. The carpet in the hallway on the lowest level leading to the pool area is musty and stained. Grounds and landscaping have not been maintained the greatest. It looks like preparations are underway for the golf event in May, I would guess that they have the property is in the best shape it can be for that event, and it goes downhill the rest of the year.

Upon waiting on my floor for the elevator to the pool, one of the staff members sprung out of the elevator and ran into me, knocking my cup of coffee all over me and the floor. Nearly happened a second time when the elevator reached the pool level and I tried to exit.

The room service appetizer list is on the back of the small paper TV channel guide. I did not even see it until 10 minutes prior to us leaving the property. Room service prices are insane. Also on the same insanity level is having to pay $10 per day for internet.

I drove across the street to the LaQuinta and they allowed me to use their wireless internet and print some documents in their business center for free.

The impression is given that the Four Seasons brand should provice exceptional luxury and service. Flowers are nice in the lobby, but that is where the line is drawn.

The room itself was OK. The furniture and cabinetry is dated and worn. The bed had a very soft top and mattress, not good for those that like support for back problems. The room had an old 2 cup coffee maker like you would find in a Motel 6. All of the other Four Seasons that I have been at have Krueg K cup makers. The TV's are flat screen, but dated as well. They probably are 30 inch or so, but low picture quality and the bezel around the screen is at least 3 inches thick.

Dear Acey2000,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We constantly seek feedback in order to improve our product and service.

I am sorry to read that you had such a poor experience. We pride ourselves with great service and it's pretty obvious that you didn't receive what we usually deliver, whether we are talking about the arrival experience, the pool or the room itself. Please accept my most sincere apologies for it and we have taken good note of all these in order to follow up and avoid any future recurrences.

I do hope that you will be willing to give us another opportunity so we can provide you with the experience you have come to expect from any Four Seasons. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance. I would love to personally take care of your future reservations.

Best regards,

Patrick Pollak
Resort Manager
patrick.pollak@fourseasons.com
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

family oriented, good food, courteous and helpful staff. very clean, comfy beds.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Grapevine, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Was sold a package of a 50 minute massage WITH a scalp and hand treatment. For some reason, thought I'd still get the 50 minute massage, but instead found the scalp and hand treament were part of the 50 minutes......which took away from the actual massage. I found the atmosphere calm and peaceful, details of robes, slippers, and product to be fine. Was disappointed in the length of service, while it did state a 50 minute massage, it was just that, I felt like the service was rushed and would have preferred them spend the entire 50 minutes actually massaging. Be careful when you look at "add-on's" since this should be a term like "add-in". Really expected a 5-star treatment, it fell a bit short for me this time.

Room Tip: Be sure to read the fine print when at the spa - you don't want to take away even a second from...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!