You added Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving to your Saves list
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Athens TX
“Nice Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Very Nice Hotel, completely redone, super comfortable bed and feather pillows with patio next to pool. We were in the very near vicinity of DFW airport and never heard the planes inside the room or activity from the pool. The workout room had a nice assortment of exercise equipment which is well taken care of. The staff were very nice and check-in was fast. The outdoor TV Cabana and other seating made for a very comfortable laid-back visit. We would definitely stay her again because we were within 4 minutes of Grapevine Mills Mall.

Room Tip: We asked for the bottom floor so we could enjoy the beautiful weather on our personal patio and walk...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The entire property was clean. The suite has a bit of an odd configuration if you like to lay in bed to watch tv. The tv is located beside the bed (closer to the head rather than the feet). Our son wanted to buy a movie but we didn't see any option for that on this tv. They did have HBO & some HD channels.

The bathroom is more spacious than many properties we have been in lately. The pool is an indoor-outdoor one which is nice. They had the fire pit lit making it nice to sit outside and relax for a bit. The room also has a balcony that you can actually go out on with a pretty nice view. The balcony is pretty small however.

The most important thing to us is a comfortable bed with nice linens so this room fit the bill. If a complementary breakfast was included, this may have gotten 5 stars.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I am always a fan of anything Marriott. The lobby area has been upgraded. But the hallway walk to the room didn't feel new and fresh. This said, arrived late evening, and then headed to the airport for a 6 am flight. Shuttle was right on time and got us to the terminal with time to spare.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Location seemed pretty off the beaten track and was a distance from the rental car return so don't think that because it's an "airport" hotel it's a quick 5 minute journey. It took a good 20 minutes and that was without traffic as it was crack of dawn flight. However hotel itself was good: friendly welcome, pleasant atmosphere around the bar area almost encouraged me to have a drink but with only 6 hours before I had to get up I took a pass. I was delighted to hear I'd been upgraded to a suite when I checked in, but on getting to the room my suite consisted of the usual bedroom plus a meeting room complete with boardroom table to seat 12 people. Not quite what I expected and not much use for a single traveller ! That being said the bedroom itself was fine, good decor, hair dryer, comfy bed, no noise from corridor, other rooms or external. All in all a quick but good stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hi UKSarahAtlanta,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay for the most part while staying with us recently and decided to post your feedback here on this site.

Sorry to hear about the delays you experienced getting to the airport. DFW Airport is certainly more sprawling than most airports and this can make for a little bit of a longer commute than you would expect from an airport hotel. Many of our guests opt to return their cars the night before and have us bring them back to the hotel, as to save some time in the morning hours. Let the front desk know if you would like to take advantage of this the next time you are with us.

I am also sorry for the confusing room-type. Although that is technically an upgrade and most people do enjoy the extra space, it is always a good idea to let you know EXACTLY what type of suite you are being upgraded to. I will follow up with my staff and ensure that we get better at this.

Thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Traveling on business, I had booked this hotel for a 6 night stay. I was familiar with this property as I had been there in October of 2013. But what a nice surprise to see all the rooms were renovated. They did a great job! As always, the front desk staff, Bistro and room service were all wonderful. Their level of service is way better than some other 5 star properties I had stayed at. Yes you need a car to get anywhere, but that was not an issue for me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hi Travelchick20,

We are so excited that you enjoyed the new rooms and that our staff has been taking such good care of you. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an exceptional and productive stay. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to having you back.

Yours In Hospitality,

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I'm jealous of the previous poster, because he was first to mention the plugs and charging ports in the renovated rooms. What a treat! And its what every hotel should be aspiring to .... There were at least 4 dual plug + USB panels throughout the room. One on each bedside table... I had just finished a 4 day motorcycle trip, and had at least 4 devices that needed charging. Kudos to this room design!

Bed was fluffy, fresh, clean and comfortable.

Staff service at this property was also very attentive. I just got the overall impression that these folks were on their game. From the front desk to the bistro, to the shuttle driver, I never felt neglected. Well done.

The only downside to this property is the location. If you do not have a vehicle, there are no other restaurants within walking distance, and you are in a commercial park. Not unpleasant, just a bit sanitized.

However, it really fit the bill for a quick overnight at DFW with a free shuttle service to the airport.

Paid just over 100$ usd, which for me was a great value. My company wasn't payin' for this one ....... ; )

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Kottbullar,

Thank you so much for posting your positive feedback here on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the increased functionanality of our new design. Those outlets are a hit! It was great to hear that you enjoyed our staff as well. I will be sure ti pass your kind words along. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Yours In Hospitality,

Bellevue
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Just three weeks ago, the rooms renovation (and hallways carpeting replacement) was completed. I understand that this is the first Courtyard by Marriott in the Dallas area to have the new "look" which is very cool and contemporary. You could still smell the freshness of the new carpet. I love the new furniture and how business friendly the rooms are now. Several electrical outlets have newly added USB power charging capability. The lighting system makes the room brighter.

Service is exceptional. I was picked up at the airport within 10 minutes of calling for a shuttle bus. Front desk had my electronic key ready upon arrival and I was in my room in seconds. They were just as courteous in the morning when I needed a ride to the nearby DFW Marriott Hotel -- just 5 minutes away. (Marriott Hotel is a great place to rent a Hertz car and save on taxes and fees from the DFW airport car rental facility.)

The fitness room is quite large for a typical Courtyard, loaded with good, new equipment -- both cardio and weights. Free bottles of water in the fitness room, towels, etc. Breakfast is the standard new Courtyard breakfast menu -- dependably good and reasonably priced.

In the end, however, I slightly downgraded this property because of value....the price paid ($189) was just too high for this location, even with all the new goodies. After all, it's just a Courtyard and shouldn't command a price over $150 per night.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are newly renovated, so take your pick!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Hello mshbnyehud!

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor and glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

I am sorry that you felt the rate was too high and I would be curious to know what day you stayed. Thursday April 3rd through Monday April 7th was virtually a special events time span for all of Dallas and Ft. Worth, with NASCAR and The Final Four in town. Our rates,along with every hotel within a 20 mile radius of the events were higher during this time. The same goes for a variety specific days of peak demand throughout the year. I say all that, to say this; Our rates are not normally what you paid. Our average rates both during the week and the weekends are more or less consistent with the other Courtyards in our area. For example, out of the five Courtyards serving the DFW area, we were the second lowest for a Tuesday night stay next week. The highest three were north of 169.

I hope this clarifies the way we structure our rates and I would also implur you to call us directly if you are encountering some rate restraints. We do our best to work with our guests and ensure they are getting the best deal for their money.

Roman D.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Hyatt Regency DFW
Hyatt Regency DFW
#28 of 192 in Dallas
4.0 of 5 stars 1,118 reviews

Been to Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving? Share your experiences!