“Very accomodating” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 76 hotels in Irving
Indiahoma, Oklahoma
“Very accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed there yesterday because we were snowed in at the airport.
We got stranded after a flight cancellation, The drive home would have only been three hours but we couldn't even find a rental car. We went to the Expedia website and got a king size room for an affordable price. Our bags we're not retrievable at the airport and the front desk clerk loaded us up with disposables.

The hotel is in the midst of an extensive remodel. I could tell that we were one of the first to stay in the room. Everything was VERY clean. The décor is very nice. Even the carpet smelled new!

Downside: There is no place close to eat/drink in relation to the hotel. I ordered a bucket of domestic beers (it was on special 4 for $15). My husband on the other hand ordered a double scotch and it was over $20!

The sitting areas in the lobby are nice. The are situated well and gives you privacy while still having an open feeling to it.

We discovered this morning that we are stuck in Dallas for another day. The front desk staff said that they were full up but to check back at 11 to see if anyone had cancelled their reservations. When we checked back, she said that there were rooms available and the girl said to go to Expedia to reserve and we could get the room for the same price we paid last night ($95) I went to Expedia and they wanted ($224 for a room with 2 double beds!!) Way more than the $169 that you get charged through Marriott!! Unfortunately we were not quick enough to secure a room at this hotel again so we booked elsewhere.

When we went to check out we asked the staff about getting a taxi to the other hotel we are staying at now. The gentleman that drives the shuttle gave us a ride to our new room and it wasn't even another Marriott!!

Love to be treated like a person.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hello Cenzenauer,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback! Everything we do is aimed towards making our guests' stay as comfortable and inviting as possible. We are glad you enjoyed your unexpected stay with us and we hope we have another opportunity to serve you and your family in the future.

Yours In Hospitality,

Roman D.

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a standard Courtyard property except it is right in line with the Take Off runway, meaning your hearing a jet right over you every 60 seconds. They are going through a remodel right now as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hi 2MMmiler,

We really appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. We are an airport property and airport noise is a continuing factor; however, we do our best to fulfill request for guest who are sensitive to ambient noise. These requests could include a low floor, or perhaps a Sleep Sound Therapy System, which helps you sleep and relax easier by using natural sounds to block out distracting noises. We really hope you have another opportunity to stay with us. Please be sure to let our front desk know about any specific needs you have during your stay.

Thank you!
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is an older Courtyard that hasn't been updated yet. The lobby has been updated, but not the rooms. The carpets are still those horrible dark blue ones, and the bath/vanity has not been updated. The bed is low, bedding was grey, dingy and very unappealing. The pillows were lumpy and horrible. I am pretty certain the sheets were not new, the were so wrinkled that I highly suspect they were left from the last visitor. Luckily I had a blanket from the plane that I laid on so I didn't touch the sheets. The night stands are those tiny, cheap things you would see in a motel in the 60's. The clock radio was on the far night stand against the wall, and the night stand was so low, that even with the low bed, you couldn't see the clock from the bed. So of course I thought I'd set the clock on the side of the bed, but they actually had the cord stapled to the night stand so it was completely unusable. The shower had an insert that was poorly installed, so when you stand in the shower the floor is not solid-you can feel it move. I arrived late at night, so was looking forward to sleeping in a bit in the morning. That didn't work because the darkening liner under the curtain was literally shredded, as I found out when the sun came streaming in at sunrise. It looks like they tried to glue the edges back together, but it was almost like slashes all over the curtain. This hotel is in the middle of an industrial park-type area, so there is nowhere close by to go for a meal. The walls are very thin, and I could hear every vehicle outside, vacuum and phone ring.

On a good note, the staff was wonderful, but they just don't make up for old, dingy rooms. I was glad I was only there one night, and won't go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Greetings WJ2011!!!

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your recent stay here with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience with the room was sub-par. I am excited to announce that we are currently undergoing a full rooms renovation and we should have the entire hotel completed by late February, early March. Everything you mentioned in the room will be replaced and the overall ambiance will be bright and fresh, to match our guest service!! We do appreciate you complimenting our team's service skills and hope that you give us another chance post-renovation.

Yours In Hospitality!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had a recent 1 month stay at this motel. The rooms are in serious need of renovating. This include the furnishings and the bathroom fixtures. The mattress and box springs are old & in some cases stained on the side. I saw it when I lifted up the bed covering. The mattress is lumpy and old. The bed linens are old and in serious need of being replaced. "throwing out". The motel is located very close to DFW airport and LBJ freeway. So the noise level is horrible. I expressed my concern related to the noise and I was moved twice and the first floor room did provide less noise. The food in the bistro is "mediocre" at best. The food is way overpriced so not a good value for your money. Again the front desk staff was friendly and when I brought something to their attention they worked to try to make things better. I really appreciated a manger - Roman. Roman made my stay more comfortable with the efforts he put forth. The GM Mike is rude. I noticed the majority of the staff in housekeeping, the bistro and maintenance did not speak English so communicating your needs was a challenge. Not good! The power went out one night and this motel did not have a back up generator. The motel did not handle the power outage well at all. No one appeared to know what to do. I felt unsafe & uninformed about what was gong on. I was shocked that a Marriott brand motel did not have a back up generator. Guests could not get the front doors to open. We were trapped inside. Not safe at all! If I am in Dallas working again and need extended lodging; I will not choose this motel and or recommend it.

Room Tip: First floor room less noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wahiawa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We got stranded after a flight cancellation, Roads were blocked with ice. Wee called from the DFW reservation desk and got a king size room for an affordable price. The shuttle had a flat so the GM came out himself to get everyone. Our bags we're lost and the front desk clerk loaded us up with disposables. Love to be treated like a person rather than revenue.

• Stayed December 2013
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We truly appreciate the exceptional feedback. Thank you very much for mentioning the outstanding example of guest service you encountered in our hotel. Our staff is committed to go that extra mile and make your stay as pleasant as possible. We look forward to your next visit.
Denton, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Rooms walls are paper thin. Called front desk at 11 pm spoke with Charles re noise compliant and they did nothing! Will not stay here again and will look elsewhere for tomorrow night! Very disappointed
! Never had an issue that hotel didn't at least try to correct!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Greetings Jcf7981 !!!

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced sub-par guest service during your recent stay. Most times there is not much we can do about the structure of the walls combined with a noisy neighbor; however, you are certainly right about the trying part of things. We should ALWAYS put forth an effort to assist a guest with a complaint and even if we are not able to immediately alleviate the situation, we should be following up and communicating with our guest to try and formulate any other possible solutions. I am sorry this did not happen and it will be a topic of discussion during our next Front Office meeting. We do appreciate the contructive feedback.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed at hotel for one night after flight cancellation. My next flight was the following night at 8:30pm. The staff was very courteous and helpful. They allowed me to extend my late checkout do to late flight. A little kindness can go a long way.The room was clean and spacious. The Breakfast was very good.The lobby looked to be remodeled with the new open concept. The workout room was okay. It was in the courtyard so had to go outside to access. Unfortunately, the day of my workout, it was cold outside. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback.
We appreciate your business and loyalty. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving? Share your experiences!