“Disappointing Extended Stay - friendly front desk staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #25 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing Extended Stay - friendly front desk staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had a recent 1 month stay at this motel. The rooms are in serious need of renovating. This include the furnishings and the bathroom fixtures. The mattress and box springs are old & in some cases stained on the side. I saw it when I lifted up the bed covering. The mattress is lumpy and old. The bed linens are old and in serious need of being replaced. "throwing out". The motel is located very close to DFW airport and LBJ freeway. So the noise level is horrible. I expressed my concern related to the noise and I was moved twice and the first floor room did provide less noise. The food in the bistro is "mediocre" at best. The food is way overpriced so not a good value for your money. Again the front desk staff was friendly and when I brought something to their attention they worked to try to make things better. I really appreciated a manger - Roman. Roman made my stay more comfortable with the efforts he put forth. The GM Mike is rude. I noticed the majority of the staff in housekeeping, the bistro and maintenance did not speak English so communicating your needs was a challenge. Not good! The power went out one night and this motel did not have a back up generator. The motel did not handle the power outage well at all. No one appeared to know what to do. I felt unsafe & uninformed about what was gong on. I was shocked that a Marriott brand motel did not have a back up generator. Guests could not get the front doors to open. We were trapped inside. Not safe at all! If I am in Dallas working again and need extended lodging; I will not choose this motel and or recommend it.

Room Tip: First floor room less noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wahiawa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We got stranded after a flight cancellation, Roads were blocked with ice. Wee called from the DFW reservation desk and got a king size room for an affordable price. The shuttle had a flat so the GM came out himself to get everyone. Our bags we're lost and the front desk clerk loaded us up with disposables. Love to be treated like a person rather than revenue.

• Stayed December 2013
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We truly appreciate the exceptional feedback. Thank you very much for mentioning the outstanding example of guest service you encountered in our hotel. Our staff is committed to go that extra mile and make your stay as pleasant as possible. We look forward to your next visit.
Denton, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Rooms walls are paper thin. Called front desk at 11 pm spoke with Charles re noise compliant and they did nothing! Will not stay here again and will look elsewhere for tomorrow night! Very disappointed
! Never had an issue that hotel didn't at least try to correct!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Greetings Jcf7981 !!!

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced sub-par guest service during your recent stay. Most times there is not much we can do about the structure of the walls combined with a noisy neighbor; however, you are certainly right about the trying part of things. We should ALWAYS put forth an effort to assist a guest with a complaint and even if we are not able to immediately alleviate the situation, we should be following up and communicating with our guest to try and formulate any other possible solutions. I am sorry this did not happen and it will be a topic of discussion during our next Front Office meeting. We do appreciate the contructive feedback.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed at hotel for one night after flight cancellation. My next flight was the following night at 8:30pm. The staff was very courteous and helpful. They allowed me to extend my late checkout do to late flight. A little kindness can go a long way.The room was clean and spacious. The Breakfast was very good.The lobby looked to be remodeled with the new open concept. The workout room was okay. It was in the courtyard so had to go outside to access. Unfortunately, the day of my workout, it was cold outside. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback.
We appreciate your business and loyalty. We look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Doesn't look great from the outside, but really nice on the inside. Cool screens to search your flight etc. Staff was super friendly and helpful, probably above and beyond any Courtyard I have stayed at lately. Nice to have shuttle service, the van was nice and clean (really bouncy in the back, so watch your coffee!!!). GPS found it easily, not sure it would be so easy to get to with out GPS on my phone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad that your stay was a success. Our staff is committed to making your stay as accommodating as possible. We will continue to serve you as you visit the DFW area.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for one night after arriving late at DFW and connecting to an early flight out.

The shuttle service in was very efficient and arrived DFW terminal D in 10min after my call, note that they run until 11PM so I was on the last shuttle out. The check in process was very expedited as well and in less than 20min after retrieving my luggage I was in the room. The lobby seems to have been remodeled recently and features the new openness concept that are featured at most Courtyard properties nowadays.

The room had a strong scent, maybe due to a smoking guest who stayed there previously even though the room was non-smoking. Besides that, it was a very average Courtyard room with view to the pool.

Be on time if you use the shuttle service to the airport, I was scheduled for the 6AM shuttle on Oct 11 and struggled to stroll my luggage piece in the carpet, I was at the curb at 6:01AM and the van had already left. Cannot complain much though, the 6:30AM van left sharply on time, so they it seems fair to everyone. In the mornings the shuttle runs at every 30min and it took 8min to Terminal A.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We appreciate you choosing The DFW North Courtyard by Marriott hotel. As you mention, our hotel has a non-smoking policy and we do our best to recover from the residual damage of cigarette smell; however, this can be very difficult at times. We appreciate you taking the time and bringing this to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you again anytime you visit the DFW area.
Lugano, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Lobby area looks brand new, the hotel is obviously used for DFW airport short stays. rooms are spacious, clean, I would have appreciated complimentary breakfast. Overall in line with Courtyard standards.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We appreciate very much your comment. As you noticed, our lobby was recently remodeled and our room renovation is coming up this November 2013. Our brand new rooms will be looking as exceptional as our lobby area. Thank you for your business and we will happily serve you as you visit the DFW area again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving? Share your experiences!