“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 76 hotels in Irving
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed there five nights. Loved the location. The lobby is newly renovated. Very good gym. They have a little cafe/restaurant on site which is convenient for breakfast etc. Many restaurants around and staff was very helpful to point out which ones to go to. Very conveniently located close to the freeway.
Room was large and clean. They have free wifi. Next time I am in the dallas area, this is probably where I would be staying.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bethpage, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel was great for what it is! Every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and are not too outdated. Lobby/restaurant is modern and outdoor area was wonderful! It is true; however, that planes fly right over the hotel but that did not bother us one bit. Not much around the area but if you have a car or just need a place to stay close to the airport, the location is fine. I used the shuttle service but we also had a car to drive to Dallas and Fort Worth. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return for the price we paid.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
La Vergne, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My flight was full when I was returning to the Middle East in August 2012 and we were escorted here. The staff was amazing and very accomodating. We were late getting there right after they quit serving lunch, but they kept the restaurant open for us to be able to eat. Dinner at the hotel was phenomenal. Beds were very comfortable and relaxing. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Needing a quick place to crash overnight because of a missed connection, I decided to stay at this hotel because it was only 2 miles from the airport and providing free shuttle. Well, the 2 miles took about 1 hour for transport, counting the waiting time and the time spent on the ‘free tour’ around the airport picking up passengers. However, that was the only negative point about this hotel. The rest was just purely pleasant surprises: Every staff member I encountered was extremely professional and attentive and enthusiastic, showing sincere care for their customers --- from the shuttle driver from the airport, to the check-in clerk, to the Bistro attendant, to the check-out clerk, to the shuttle driver to the airport. A particularly shining example of customer service was provided by Roman, the Operations Supervisor, who made my stay truly memorable, from his clear instructions on the phone on how to find the shuttle, to calling me back to inform me of the shuttle progress, to quickly upgrading me to the a suite due to my elite status, to packing a bag of toiletries for me upon hearing about my forced overnight stay, to thoughtfully guiding me through the courtyard. The courtyard! Wow, I wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy it: A pleasant oasis of lush plants & outdoor patio with fireplace & nice pool & a fitness center that surpassed some of the 4-stars hotels. And I wish I were hungry enough to take advantage of the Bistro. Every menu item looked attractive and particularly impressive with the number of calories next to each choice. The whole lobby was expansive and stylish and welcoming, with comfortable cubicles having a big-screen TV at each one. The Boarding Pass station had 2 modern computers and a sleek printer that worked fast and flawlessly. My suite was nice and clean, with microwave and mini-fridge. The bathroom was small but the sink was on the outside making it comfortable enough. The water from the shower head was strong with easily adjustable heat. There were 2 heating/cooling units, one in the bedroom and one in the living room, both operating quietly and responsively. The decoration was tasteful with thoughtful placements of electrical outlets throughout the suite. The amenities were meager: shampoo & conditioner & lotion in tiny bottles, but they were of quality from Paul Mitchell brand. Even the packages of coffee look fancy with different flavors. I booked the shuttle to the airport for 6 am. At 4 minutes before 6 am, the front desk rang to remind me. As soon as the elevator doors opened, the shuttle driver was already there waiting to take my bags. The check-out was truly a ‘zip-out’, with me simply handing the room key over to the attendant waiting at the front desk, on my way out. The ride this time took less than 15 minutes even though I was dropped off last, only because there were no traffic at the time and only 2 other passengers. The experience I had here took the sting out of the missed connection. It’ll be a pleasure to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you so very much for the exceptional feedback!! I remember you well and you were a pleasure to have as our guest during your brief overnight excursion. If you happen to make it back to the DFW area, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be glad to handle your reservation personally.

~Roman D.
972-929-4004
Dallas, San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The staff is great here. The room and bed were great. The worst thing was the vanity. It was TINY! Maybe enough space for one, but not for two or more! Also, it is located near the highway, but nothing else. The shuttle will ONLY take you to the airport. Most hotels I've stayed at that have a shuttle, will take you where ever you want to go within a 5 mile radius. You would NEVER want to stay here without a car!! If you get a really good price, this place is great. I wouldn't want to pay full price unless I was working at one of the nearby businesses. No place to eat or drink within miles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice hotel off the highway close to commerical buildings which so happened to be my reason for travel into the area. Hotel was nice but the rooms are a bit dated. Rooms do not come standard with mini fridges like most Marriott locations do but the front desk is happy to meet this request if you ask. Cafe market is only open for breakfast and dinner so if you want lucnh you will need to venture a little farther down the highway or order a pizza. Fitness center is really nice. Didn't get to use the pool because it was covered in April when I stayed. Staff is really friendly and always willing to help with any request.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Major problem is it's right next to I635 and under the flight path. Ok.. so that's probably expected, but still, the noise level is a little high. The Bistro/bar is not bad ( pretty much standard) . The folks working the food/drinks were good/friendly.

Hotel is clean, but... could be better. I notices a rack of clean glasses sitting in the stairway for 48 hrs..... I'll assume managment is lacking a notch.

Room was clean and up to Marriott standards. I'll stay here again

Room Tip: Pick the South Side.. away from the Interstate
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are gracious for your constructive feedback and glad to hear that you would visit our hotel again. I would like to clarify that those glasses you noticed in the stairwell are circlulated daily, and that you most likely saw a new set of clean glasses each day. That just happens to be the most convenient location for the room attendants going to and from the rooms and the glassware washer. I would also like to suggest that you request a lower floor room to avoid most ambient noise. This is a solution that many of our regular travelers take advantage of.

Thank You for your business and we welcome any additional comments or suggestions you may have!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving? Share your experiences!