“Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Phoenix, Arizona
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've always enjoyed staying at Marriott Courtyard hotels around the country but this was my first and definitely not my last at this location. The night I arrived, I was suddenly taken ill and the young woman at the front desk called EMT and then gave the medics access to my room as I was unable to get to the door. I was checked into the hospital and because I was visiting Dallas on business, I had no way to get back to the hotel once I was released. Patrick, the hotel manager, assured me he would send someone to transport me and one of the staff members, Caitlin, was there to pick me up right on time. I am very grateful to Patrick and the staff at this location for all their help. It's never fun being sick away from home, but they definitely went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of.
I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel was a welcome sight upon our return to the US after being gone for over five years. I can't say enough good things about the hotel. The room was amazing and the beds were so comfortable that I slept like a baby. It may have had something to do with jet lag, but I tend to think of it as a really good bed! The hotel had one amenity which I have never seen before at a hotel; a hair dryer with a diffuser! As I didn't have an American hair dryer yet, it was a welcome benefit for this curly haired traveler!
The staff was fantastic. Since we had never been to Dallas before, we had no idea where to eat. The lady at the front desk told us about a great Mexican restaurant nearby. Awe, great Mexican food after five years without...I digress! Breakfast was included and it was very tasty. We got to pick our own hot food and everyone was happy!
I didn't take any pictures, but the room was beautiful and very much worth the money we paid for it. If I ever fly out of DFW again and need a hotel, I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My favorite place to stay when traveling to DFW! Excellent service begins with Betty at the reception desk and ends when Charles takes me to the airport. This top-notch hotel was recently renovated, making the common area amenities the best of any airport hotel in Dallas. The food is great, outdoor fireplace and seating area gives a "like home" feel and the wifi and touch screen lobby TV that provides news, weather and flight info are add conveniences I appreciate when traveling. When traveling to Dallas, there is no other. You've got to check it out!

Room Tip: This is a smaller hotel with interior rooms that overlook the pool. If you're staying on busines...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Courtyard by Marriott DFW North is a great hotel if you're just looking for somewhere to wait out an extended layover, or if you're on business needing a hotel close to the airport. We arrived late in the evening and were on our way to WinStar Casino the next morning, but we needed a place to stay for the evening. It was recently renovated, and they did a great job. The room was large, with a patio in the courtyard on the first floor. Free Wi-Fi and a free breakfast voucher (which may have been from my Marriott rewards status). I really had no complaints about the hotel, other than it's proximity to the city of Dallas. If you're looking to be in the middle of things, stay elsewhere. If you just need a place to crash, stay here.

Room Tip: If you want some outdoor space, be sure to request a first floor courtyard room. There is a patio ta...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The property is close to DFW although I flew into Love field. But it is not even really that far from there either. I stayed here for work and it was VERY close to our offices, which was very nice. There isn't much REALLY close, like within walking distance but there are places to eat and shop that are reached easily by car (without having to risk getting lost).fe
The rooms are adequate. My king had a couch, coffee table and desk with chair. The bathroom is a nice size. The room was clean and up to date. Each room has it's own window unit A/C and there is no evidence of smoking (it is a smoke free property).

The lobby is clean, modern and up to date. I worked a few days from here and was very comfortable. They have a cafe that is open during dining hours. The prices are marked up but reasonable compared to other hotel chains. However, since I had a car I did not eat here. So i will mark that as average as well.

They server Starbucks drinks (limited menu) but hey, it's close.

There is complimentary wireless throughout the hotel. It's performance is above average.

They have a pool and workout facility, but I did not use either of them so I am marking them "average"

The parking lot fills up fast but is well lit and seems to be fairly safe.

I experienced no issues while I was here and would return to this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor (of 3) close to the front of the hotel, away from the highway, and I ne...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This hotel is gorgeous! Very comfortable. I like that it is a bit off the main highway because I feel my car might be safer there. Well-lit and spacious. Newly remodeled lobby is very chic. Tara and Roman at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, as was the shuttle driver (sorry didn't get his name). This is our go-to hotel for flying from Dallas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I had to catch an international flight early the next day, so I decided to stay here. I wasn't here very long (10:30PM to 8:15AM) but I was pleased with the hotel.

The website says that they have a complimentary shuttle service, and they do, you just have to call to get it (and least I did). So, don't stand around in the courtesy shuttle van area waiting for the seven-passenger Ford Explorer to come. Also, when you check in, make a reservation at that time for when you need to get the shuttle back to DFW. As I mentioned, the shuttle has six back seats and a seat up front, so you just can't meander down to the lobby and expect to get the shuttle.

Upon my check-in at 10:30PM, I was given a room on the first floor. The greeter asked if I wanted a room on another floor but I said I was fine on the first floor, and I was. The lobby was very swank and I liked the fact that you could print your boarding passes there and also access all gate information.

I had breakfast at the bistro market in the lobby. It was good but over-priced. As others have mentioned, there are no other restaurants near the hotel so your eating options are very limited.

Overall, I was pleased with this hotel and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North / Irving? Share your experiences!