“Nice property but other guests were loud” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4225 North MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75038   |
Ranked #9 of 76 hotels in Irving
White Lake, Michigan
“Nice property but other guests were loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here a couple years ago with my wife for two nights in a jacuzzi room while visiting friends in the DFW area. The jacuzzi was really nice but the hotel at the time was being occupied by a family reunion and they crowded the breakfast area and each and every table.

That being said it was a reasonably nice stay at a good price (can't remember what the price was). If I was ever in Irving again I'd stay there

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cibolo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

when we arrived at the hotel it was very nice BUT upon entering our room, it was humid and musty, tried to set the A/C but it was set automatically at 65 F(it felt more like 85 F) believe me it was not comfortable, the hallways to the hotel were very cool but our room was horrible, we called to complain but they said they have to control energy so all the rooms a/c's are programed that way. So, it doesnt matter that you pay for the room but you dont have the luxuary of sleeping comfortably in a cool room apparently thats not included, so my advice to you is buy or take along a fan so at least you will be cool. wish i wouldnt have paid in advance i would have stayed for one night and moved to another hotel the following day. Fair warning.

Room Tip: all the hotels a/c is self controlled. you can't control the temperature.. so you will be uncomf...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ6258, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the Air Conditioner in your Guest Room. I will certainly take this matter into my hands and ensure our Chief Engineer repairs the issue.

Thank you and we hope you can forgive us here at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Rooms are great, roomy and very clean. I have never had any issues. I stay here at least once a month for business. RD at the front desk is great he always make sure everything is taken care of during my stay. The location is great as well plenty of good places to eat nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is located in a beautiful upscale neighborhood in Irving. The 5 star Four Seasons resort and golf club is right across the street. There are only a couple of restaurants within walking distance but many more to choose from about a mile north on McArthur. The Dallas train station, the DART is fairly close and their shuttle will drop you off there. This LaQuinta offers a good breakfast with eggs and breakfast meats. The rooms are clean however they are beginning to show wear. For instance some of the bathroom cracked floor tiles needed replacement. They could also replace the sheets as they were getting a little thin.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor so you won't hear others walking in the room above you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LQ6258, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words and description of our Hotel. I want to take this time to share some exciting news about our Hotel - we are currently in the process of a small renovation and it begins with our Guest bathrooms. We hope to have you visit us towards the end of the year to experience our new, more fresh and modern look that we hope you will love!

HARLINGEN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The room that I got was the 2 queen bed executive and it was huge. The room had two TV's along with a ceiling fan, microwave, and refrigerator. The room a/c worked great and the breakfast was delicious. The hotel is located in a safe location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had the best experience here! I came to Dallas for a conference at a nearby hotel and there was no way in hell we were paying the prices there. My Aunt has stayed with many La Quinta's so she booked this one for us :). I flew in from Canada and my flight was a little late getting in. I called the front desk and the lady was insanely polite to me. She came to pick me up at the airport and we had a great ride back. She was very accommodating, talking to me about Canada, asking questions, and telling me all about the area. When I arrived I wanted to tip her for such great service but she was gone too fast! (I'm sorry!). She made sure that I got the phone number for the local Dominoes because I was starving after a long day of flights. When I got to the room I was in awe. It was gorgeous, and very up-to-date. The bed was huge, and the TV was great. Everything about the room was fantastic. The next day when my Aunt flew in from elsewhere in Texas we were moved to a two bedroom and it was even better! We had an excellent couple of nights here, and I was beyond ecstatic that this is the hotel my Aunt chose. If I ever come back to the area, this will FOR SURE be my choice for where to stay. The entire hotel was gorgeous, the staff was wonderful! There was a very friendly man with an accent at the front desk who was just so polite and nice to me, made my day! I am rambling, but I just wanted to get my point across. The price for this hotel is amazing for what you get. The breakfast is fantastic and tasty, the rooms and the entire hotel are beautiful and up-to-date, and the staff is exceptional. (I didn't even worry about leaving my belongings out when I left the hotel for the day like I do at most hotels!). Thank you, La Quinta, for such an amazing stay. I hope all of the staff can see my review and know that they truly made the experience a wonderful one for me and I truly hope to be back someday!

P.S. One night I actually ordered room service, and it was also FANTASTIC! Yummy yummy! :)
Taylor

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ6258, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We are thrilled to hear that you had an amazing stay with us. Providing excellent accommodations and guest service is our #1 priority.

I also wanted to let you know that we have passed on your comments to our staff and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Traci Russell
Director of Sales

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas? Share your experiences!