“AMAZING :)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 76 hotels in Irving
London, Canada
“AMAZING :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had the best experience here! I came to Dallas for a conference at a nearby hotel and there was no way in hell we were paying the prices there. My Aunt has stayed with many La Quinta's so she booked this one for us :). I flew in from Canada and my flight was a little late getting in. I called the front desk and the lady was insanely polite to me. She came to pick me up at the airport and we had a great ride back. She was very accommodating, talking to me about Canada, asking questions, and telling me all about the area. When I arrived I wanted to tip her for such great service but she was gone too fast! (I'm sorry!). She made sure that I got the phone number for the local Dominoes because I was starving after a long day of flights. When I got to the room I was in awe. It was gorgeous, and very up-to-date. The bed was huge, and the TV was great. Everything about the room was fantastic. The next day when my Aunt flew in from elsewhere in Texas we were moved to a two bedroom and it was even better! We had an excellent couple of nights here, and I was beyond ecstatic that this is the hotel my Aunt chose. If I ever come back to the area, this will FOR SURE be my choice for where to stay. The entire hotel was gorgeous, the staff was wonderful! There was a very friendly man with an accent at the front desk who was just so polite and nice to me, made my day! I am rambling, but I just wanted to get my point across. The price for this hotel is amazing for what you get. The breakfast is fantastic and tasty, the rooms and the entire hotel are beautiful and up-to-date, and the staff is exceptional. (I didn't even worry about leaving my belongings out when I left the hotel for the day like I do at most hotels!). Thank you, La Quinta, for such an amazing stay. I hope all of the staff can see my review and know that they truly made the experience a wonderful one for me and I truly hope to be back someday!

P.S. One night I actually ordered room service, and it was also FANTASTIC! Yummy yummy! :)
Taylor

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ6258, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We are thrilled to hear that you had an amazing stay with us. Providing excellent accommodations and guest service is our #1 priority.

I also wanted to let you know that we have passed on your comments to our staff and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Traci Russell
Director of Sales

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I spent two nights at La Quinta Inn and Suites Dallas - Las Colinas. I chose the location because it was near DFW, but not by the Runway (Like other hotels). The location is great. Very close to several freeways and tollways. There was also a great shopping center up the street with a Tom Thumb (Safeway) with a Starbucks and a Wells Fargo Bank branch and ATM. The hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. I was allowed to check-in early with no hesitation. Also in the hotel was several little league team and several families. I didn't hear them, but they were around the entire time. Staff was also great. The room was big. Plenty of space and well kept. Free parking on the ground was also great. Breakfast was a-typical with limited seating. My price, with a AAA discount, was great. I would stay this location again when back in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The only thing wrong with my stay is every time the air conditioner cut on and off I woke up, I wish I could have cut the fan on to run the whole time. The staff was so nice and friendly, they went out of their way to help us find locations and any thing else we needed

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

St. George, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed two nights. The people were lovely. The beds were comfortable for hotel beds. Big TV, big fridge, quiet room. Bathroom was a little bit run down, but it served the purpose. Good location. Grocery store, Starbucks and a bank just down the road.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was expecting a lot more for what I paid. I had the jacuzzi room but the jets didn't work at all. I had to call maintenance but they barley got it to bubble and that was the best they could do. No other rooms were available with the hot tub. I will not stay here again because it was such a disappointment. I also was put into a handicapped room so I didn't not have a tub. I didn't not book this room and would have liked a tub to sit in while I shaved my legs. They should really specify that it is a handicapped room on the website before I booked it. I just felt really ripped off, I am also an elite member in their rewards programs, it's supposed to be like their VIP, but I didn't feel very special or welcomed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LQ6258, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Elite Member,

We are very sorry about your recent stay at our Hotel. We hope to improve always in recognizing our Elite Members and letting them know just how special and appreciated they are to us.

Please know we always try our best to accommodate our Guests when there is a maintenance issue, and in this case, unfortunately we were completely sold out so it did not help your experience. As we understand this is not your fault, we truly and sincerely apologize and have learned how to better handle this type of situation in the future.

We hope you can give us a second chance and visit us in the near future. I am always available by phone or email, so please feel free to contact me directly to speak further about this incident and/or future travel needs.

Have a wonderful day,

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We recently spent three nights at this hotel, which is very convenient to the Irving Arts Center. We were quite pleased overall. The entire facility is spotless, the front desk personnel are friendly, and the breakfast selection was very nice. While we would not hesitate to return, there are a few caveats I will mention. First, one of the mattresses in the room has seen better days -- it was necessary to slide to the other side of the bed to find adequate support. Second, the wifi in the room just does not support the effective use of streaming video -- our Dish Anywhere app was essentially useless. Finally, the sliding doors of the closet just didn't really ... slide. In fairness to the hotel, we did not report this last issue until check-out, so they did not have an opportunity to try to correct it (but the hotels maids really should be taught to notice and report issues like this). All in all, however, the caveats did not spoil an otherwise pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LQ6258, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear La Quinta Las Colinas Guest,

We appreciate your review, and more importantly, your recommendations to us. We will certainly address the issues you experienced, so that our Guest Rooms are always up to date. Our goal is to always improve and with constructive criticism, this makes our job much easier!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas? Share your experiences!