“Super accommodating and friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4225 North MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75038   |
Ranked #7 of 76 hotels in Irving

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Business meeting at the Four Seasons Resort directly across the street. Pay $400+ for a room or stay at La Quinta for $119? No brainer. Clean well appointed room, fair breakfast, free Internet , free shuttle to 4 Seasons AND airport , what's not to like. Nothing fancy, towels could be upgraded and facility in need of a gentle freshening up. The closet doors were off the tracks, door did not lock properly and toilet was rocking and loose. Overall a decent place and I would stay here again. One beef is my perception that I was given a not too desirable room because I booked on Travelocity

• Stayed February 2013
LQ6258, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Good afternoon,

I want to thank you for your review of our Hotel!

First off, I want to let you know, we hope to give all of our guest's the best experience possible! Whether you booked on a 3rd Party Website or our direct Website, our goal is to make you happy and provide a comfortable stay. I want to sincerely apologize about the Guest Room you occupied, and I hope you can find the time to contact me directly in regards to this Guest Room. We are currently in the process of improving the Guest Rooms that need some touching up, so that our Hotel is consistent and ''all'' guests are taken care of always!

I hope to hear from you soon!

Waco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It seemed adequate at first, but when bedtime came we discovered there was no blanket for the sofa bed. The front desk said we would have to come get it ourselves because there were no other employees there. We called back to complain, and were told someone would bring it up--but no one ever did. Also, upon discovering all the bedding was feather, we tried to get non-feather pillows (a fairly standard request these days for those of us allergic to them!) They only had 2 non-feather pillows that were shabby and thin. When we pointed it out, the clerk said "that is why we use feather pillows--they're better." Not if you can't breathe the next day!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Good afternoon,

We are very sorry for your recent experience at our Hotel. Please know, we have used your experience as a tool to re-training our Team here at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas. I would like to speak with you personally at your earliest convenience and provide you with an apology directly from myself, as well as a token of appreciation. We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to improve from it.

Thank you for choosing us and we hope you can forgive us.

Have a wonderful day and I look forward to hear from you very soon,

New Delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is similar to the typical family style suites in the US. I have stayed in Staybridge and the facilities are similar except maybe the staybridge cottage in LA was bigger. However, I had to be in the Las Colinas region so this sufficed. So, let me detail;

Location
One of the few in Las Colinas and I would say for the price they were decent. However, you need to have a car because some of the eateries and malls or other places are at some distance, however not too far. Its a very quite place otherwise

Facilities
WIFI was bad, and I mean very bad. There were some 3 working connections and I had to keep on switching between them to get a decent connection. I think it was only catching in the breakfast area. There was a gym, although could never get time to use that. The breakfast was bad, the same every day of my visit. The replenishments were not quick and taste wise not that great. The room was good, spacious, comfortable. A colleague of mine stayed in a suite and it had a jacuzzi in the middle of nowhere, not worth the price.

Staff
Very helpful, cheerful typically and well spoken.

Hotel Transport
Dependable if you follow their timetable. They made me wait for 2 hours at Dallas airport although saying they only have a single vehicle. Which is really the issue, its a single private vehicle with fixed timings and not available all day so may not be helpful all the time.

I have heard that La Quinta has better facilities in some other parts, hopefully I will get into them as well.

Room Tip: Do not take the suite..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear La Quinta Inn & Suites Traveler,

I want to sincerely apologize about your recent stay. We try our best to give the best service possible, and it is very unfortunate you did not feel this way. We recently upgraded our WiFi, and have not had an issue with our guest's accessing the internet to complete their business work. We will certainly run a test with our IT Department to ensure there is not a glitch in the internet system we are currently running. As for your Breakfast, we in fact offer more Breakfast items than your standard La Quinta provides - and do this to keep our guests happy with variety. Again, we can certainly come up with other schemes to make each guest happy with more varieties, and attention to replenishment. I want to sincerely apologize about your Transportation from the DFW International Airport - we understand your frustration with our Courtesy Van taking longer than our typical 15 minutes, but I am certain it was not 2 hours. If you feel it was, please contact me directly at the Hotel, and we can certainly discuss the situation. I would love to provide you with some sort of reimbursement for these inconveniences.

We hope you can understand and accept our sincere apologies.

Have a wonderful day,

Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband, cousin and her husband went to a concert at The Singley Theater in Irving and since we live out of town decided to spend the night and make a weekend of our trip. The La Quinta Inn was right next door to the theater. If the weather had been nice we could have walked. Our room was a very reasonable rate and was very clean. We even had a great breakfast the next morning. We were all very pleased that we had chosen the La Quinta to spend the night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ6258, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you so very much for your kind words - we hope to accommodate you soon in the future! We are so glad we helped make this weekend as memorable as it was!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas? Share your experiences!