“Excellent sleep - Disappointing Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4225 North MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75038   |
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Irving
San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent sleep - Disappointing Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our main reason for choosing a hotel like La Quinta is the convenience of having breakfast in the morning. We have stayed in several La Quintas and hotels of the same all around the U.S. This particular LQ was extremely clean, lobby was impressive, rooms large and beds VERY comfortable, desk clerk very nice, general manager attentive and very courteous. So the overnight stay was pleasant except the drain in the bath tub was very, very slow. Since we were staying only one night and we used the tub at 10:00 pm, we did not call housekeeping. We did, however, mention to the desk clerk during checkout. The breakfast was disappointing. The egg (patties), bacon, and sausage were all cold. There was no microwave to heat them up. The waffles were very good. Yet, I did not appreciate the fact that "pet lovers" bring their dogs to the dining area. Some people had their small dog in thier arms -- not everyone is a pet lover. Therefore, these people should keep their dogs in their rooms NOT the public area! I don't know if management allows this but it should be part of the agreement when they check in not to bring their pets in the dining area. Altough the beds, room, etc were excellent, we probably would not stay again due to the poor breakfast and the pet policy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
LQ6258, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Good afternoon ,

I want to sincerely apologize for your recent experience. Please know that we take our Pet Policy very seriously and regret that your experience here did not meet our usual standards when it comes to this matter. We had a very large group of individuals in our Hotel recently who unfortunately failed to obey our Hotel policies during their stay, and we are still in the middle of deep cleaning certain areas that we feel have been misused. We understand this is not your fault, and we hope you can understand and give us a second chance in the future. As far as the breakfast, we will certainly use this review as a training tool to all of our Team members, and most importantly, our Breakfast attendant. Our goal is to provide on the best of quality when it comes to accommodating our guests, and cold breakfast is definitely not an option for us and our Team. We are sorry and guarantee you will see a change during your next stay, if you decide to choose us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

at the price this is the best value of any hotel I stayed at, peiople are freindly, the place is clean, the room was clean, and everything runs well. They shuttled me to dinner and back, I could not ask for anything more of the staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ6258, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review! We appreciate you choosing us, and please know that it is our pleasure to treat you right.

Midwest Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was extremely pleased with my one night stay at this property. I arrived in the mid-morning to leave my luggage and see if there was a possibility of an early check in. The staff person(s) at the front desk were very welcoming and accommodating and checked me into a room before 11am. I was able to get a couple hours of work done in my room on my laptop with the help of the free Wi-Fi in the room which worked great. Several of my meetings/conferences were taking place at the Four Seasons Hotel directly across the street yet I chose to stay at this property to save a couple hundred dollars. The staff at this La Quinta provided the same high level of service that one would expect at the high priced hotel across the street. I travel quite a bit for work and my experience with the front desk staff was supurb. I will definitely stay at this La Quinta again when my business takes me to this area.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms were provided nice privacy thanks to the tall shrubs outside the window. I fo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LQ6258, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We appreciate your kind words in this review and hope to see you again in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We spent two days at the LaQuinta and had a very nice experience. Our daughter was seeing Drs. at the Spine Institute just down the street, so the location could not have been better. Our room was clean and very comfortable, but the staff was "the best". They helped us with information we needed and the shuttle driver gave us directions to a medical center in Dallas and also gave us directions on the easiest way to get to I-30 when we headed home. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was a very nice location, with shopping and restaurants within minutes of the location, with minimal traffic, with anything you'd like to eat. Hotel was very clean, my room looked as if I paid a higher price, and I felt safe at the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas? Share your experiences!