“Excellent One Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4225 North MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75038   |
Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Midwest USA
“Excellent One Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was extremely pleased with my one night stay at this property. I arrived in the mid-morning to leave my luggage and see if there was a possibility of an early check in. The staff person(s) at the front desk were very welcoming and accommodating and checked me into a room before 11am. I was able to get a couple hours of work done in my room on my laptop with the help of the free Wi-Fi in the room which worked great. Several of my meetings/conferences were taking place at the Four Seasons Hotel directly across the street yet I chose to stay at this property to save a couple hundred dollars. The staff at this La Quinta provided the same high level of service that one would expect at the high priced hotel across the street. I travel quite a bit for work and my experience with the front desk staff was supurb. I will definitely stay at this La Quinta again when my business takes me to this area.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms were provided nice privacy thanks to the tall shrubs outside the window. I fo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LQ6258, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We appreciate your kind words in this review and hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We spent two days at the LaQuinta and had a very nice experience. Our daughter was seeing Drs. at the Spine Institute just down the street, so the location could not have been better. Our room was clean and very comfortable, but the staff was "the best". They helped us with information we needed and the shuttle driver gave us directions to a medical center in Dallas and also gave us directions on the easiest way to get to I-30 when we headed home. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was a very nice location, with shopping and restaurants within minutes of the location, with minimal traffic, with anything you'd like to eat. Hotel was very clean, my room looked as if I paid a higher price, and I felt safe at the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Loved it! Will reserve a room here in future, great place. Breakfast was the best ever, the only improvement on that would have been room service, but then it would not have
been a free breakfast, self- serve is really best in some circumstances. l

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This property was a nice find. After staying here for more than 2 weeks, I can say that I will definitely return. The rooms are clean and spacious. The breakfast options were endless and more than anything, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver was even kind enough to stop by the grocery store on our way to the airport! Overall, great stay for a great price!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and two dogs for four nights while looking for permanent housing in DFW. First the good aspects. They let small pets stay at no cost - amazing since most hotels charge significant non-refundable fees for pets! Kudos to them for that. The hot breakfast was also very good - perhaps only lacking fresh fruit. The staff, except for the older man (whom I was told was the shuttle driver)l, were quite friendly. The driver could use some people skills.

Overall, it was a typical suites hotel that needs some freshening up. There were significant stains on the first floor carpet, and our room (127) had an odd smell that we couldn't get rid of with Fabreze. My wife found the room to be dark with insufficient lighting. The bed and furniture were average as were the bathroom amenities.

So, all in all, an average, reasonably priced, hotel with a good breakfast and fantastic pet policy. Needs a little tune-up with respect to the hallway carpeting and eliminating the smell from at least one room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
LQ6258, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Good morning!

Thank you so very much for the positive feedback, as well as the negatives about our Hotel. You could not have given this advice at a better time! We are actually in the process of replacing our carpet in both hallways, as well as all of our public areas.

As far as the lighting, we will certainly research different options as well.

I am quite disappointed that you did not have the options of fresh fruit during breakfast, we put out fresh bananas and apples every morning for our guests to enjoy!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to making these changes at our Hotel so we can continue to accommodate guests like yourself.

Front Office Manager

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas? Share your experiences!