Overall, this could be a very good place to stay but they have some issues that need to be worked out with the staff. We stayed at this hotel for one night due to a flight lay-over planned into our vacation. After we picked up our luggage (4 large and 4 small bags), we went to a marked courtesy van pick-up point and called the hotel. They told us we needed to go to a different pick-up point at a certain door and gave us the number. We started walking to that area and, after going several hundred yards, found that the number they gave us did not exist. We again called the hotel and they said the courtesy van would be circling the area and would get us on the next loop. We found another spot marked for courtesy van pick-ups and waited there for quite some time. After another call, the van finally did show up and the driver told us we could have waited at the previous point and he would have gotten us there. This was not starting out well. The van driver was very pleasant and helpful with the luggage which we really appreciated with so many bags. When we finally reached the hotel, we explained what had happened to the asst. front office manager (Fatima) who immediately said that should not have happened, gave us $$ off vouchers for the restaurant and bar and promised to credit us 10,000 Hilton HHonor Points for our "pain and suffering" associated with the van pick-up. We appreciated this level of customer service and her attempt at appeasing an unhappy customer. The food and drink vouchers were very nice, however, it has been about 5 weeks since our stay and our Hilton HHonor Points are still not in our account. We are beginning to think that was just a way to get us away from the front desk and not disturbing the other folks checking in. The room was pretty large with a safe, microwave, small coffee pot and large TV. The bathroom was tiny given the size of the rest of the room but it was functional and clean. Overall, the room deserves high marks for size and comfort. Since it was getting late, we went to the restaurant to get a cocktail and something to eat. The menu was decent and we easily found something we thought we would enjoy. I got the chicken quesadilla which were very good but apparently the cooks sometimes pan fry the food in peanut oil which I am extremely allergic to. After one bite, we called the waiter (Mohab?? - whom was VERY good overall) over and asked if they had used peanut oil and he immediately went to check. The restaurant manager came back and said that could have happened and he immediately offered to recook the meal himself to ensure there was no possibility of peanut contamination. The new plate was very good and my husband enjoyed his meal also. We paid the remaining bill (after vouchers) with cash and headed back to the room. Our bill the next morning, however, showed a $4.99 charge for the meal which the front desk removed immediately when I spoke with them. However, this was just one more detail that added to the experience. They had a breakfast buffet included in the room price and it was very good and had a nice variety of items. We took the shuttle back to the airport and that worked fine. We may try them again the next time we fly through DFW but they need to straighten out the problems they have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel DFW Airport North, conveniently situated two miles from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), offers full-service, Texas-style hospitality at our newly transformed hotel in Irving, TX, a mile from upscale Las Colinas shopping and dining. With easy access to Hwy 114 and IH-635, business and leisure travelers are minutes from North Dallas, Downtown Dallas, the Mid-Cities, and all that the exciting DFW Metroplex has to offer. Enjoy complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service, a boarding pass kiosk, a 100% smoke-free environment and soundproof windows (you’ll never guess we’re an airport hotel) when you stay at the Doubletree hotel near DFW Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your DoubleTree DFW Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Dfw Airport North Hotel Irving
- Wyndham Hotel Irving
- Dfw Airport North Wyndham