“It was Ok but wasn't up to doubletree's normal standard” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree DFW Airport North

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree DFW Airport North to your Saves list
DoubleTree DFW Airport North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4441 W John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Wyndham DFW Airport North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Rates at $89
Ranked #49 of 76 hotels in Irving
Bentonville, Arkansas
“It was Ok but wasn't up to doubletree's normal standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I got here around 4PM. The check in process was really fast and the service was pretty good. I wasn't after more than a quick place to sleep and would be leaving early the next morning. The bed was pretty nice. The bathroom was super small and along the wall you could see bubbles in the wall paper where there was a lot of water damage. The TV was maybe a 36-42 in flat screen but the guide and channel selection was pretty poor. The internet was comp and wasn't bad. I didn't use the pool or eat breakfeast so I can't say if it was good or not. I got the room for like 43.00 or so and for that price it was what I expected. I wouldn't want to stay here for a vacation or long time but for a night or two it was OK

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dustin F, Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Your comments will be anonymously shared with our staff and we will use your feedback to improve our guests’ experience. Thank you again for completing the review, we hope to see you again soon!

452 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chapin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very Nice Beds. Very nice restaurant and public areas. Pool was ok; outdoor only; no hottub. minor gripes from a woman trying to put on make up before attending a wedding; but overall very comfortable, very hospitable. The cleaning people NEVER bothered us when the 'do not disturb' sign was out.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the 4-star review, we definitely appreciate it! We will share all of your comments with our staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the area.

Austin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

When I checked in, my door/key didn't work TWICE, so I asked for a different room. The maintenance man said the problem was that my door handle was installed improperly. My neighbor took showers at the same time as me and I kept having to toggle the faucet to try to get comfortable. My room was clean each day and accommodated nicely. The garbage can by the 6th floor elevator was full to the brim and nobody took that garbage out during my 3-night stay. The Westin across the road is nicer for the same price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is really a hidden value around the DFW airport. I got a great deal and the staff was exceptionally friendly. They have park and fly which saved me a lot of money and while the property is older it has been remodeled. Huge rooms, great 24 hour shuttle service! I stayed Saturday night and late checkout. The rooms are huge and have both fridges and microwaves.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the DFW Area!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I am HUGE on customer service and this hotel FAILED. The rooms were clean and well furnished. I actually live in the DFW area and was staying here to avoid waking up at 3 am in order to make my international flight. The hotel manager made friends with my father offering him the capability of parking in the hotel parking lot free of charge during our stay. What seems too good to be true always is....upon returning from the Cayman Islands, after going through customs and feeling extremely exhausted we were forced to wait TWO HOURS for the shuttle to arrive for transport back to the hotel. Yes, I called immediately upon arrival to DFW and every 15 minutes thereafter. When the shuttle did arrive, it seemed as though the driver and his girlfriend had been "on a date" and that is why we waited for so long. (Literally not kidding) I should have used The Parking Spot like I always do.....

Stayed March 2014
Dustin F, Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Your comments will be anonymously shared with our staff and we will use your feedback to improve our guests’ experience. We would like to get more information about the inconvenience you received. Please contact Fatima, or Allison, so that they may discuss this further. Thank you again for completing the review, we hope to see you again soon!

Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice place to stay for business trips.
The rooms were clean and neat. The service was very good.
The breakfast as with most hotels is quite limited in options but good to do the job.
Attention was very nice from the staff part and they helped me with my problems with cabs. Add to that the plan for points and you are goof.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dustin F, Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, May 29, 2014

Gig Harbor, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Bring a strongman to activate the shower valve. Hotel is OLD. They put some lipstick on it, but it is still dated. The bus for the airport is supposed to leave every thirty minutes on the hour and arrived at the front door 15 minutes late. It was full capacity and three were left at the curb as we ran out of room. You will get a kick out of the morning maid staging as they put what look like full garbage bags in the hallways.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dustin Foster, Director of Front Office

Been to DoubleTree DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!