“Accommodating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree DFW Airport North

You added DoubleTree DFW Airport North to your Saves list
DoubleTree DFW Airport North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4441 W John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Wyndham DFW Airport North)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
HHonors Weekend
Ranked #53 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Springfield, Illinois
“Accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Even though I was slightly out if the range for shuttle service, Paul the driver dropped me off and picked me up at my favorite restaurant even though he didn't have to. He saved me the time and trouble of getting a cab which meant a lot. I'll not only stay here next time but will recommend it to all who are traveling through/to Dallas.

• Stayed March 2014
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thanks for the 4-star review, we definitely appreciate it! We will share all of your comments with Paul and the rest of our great staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the area.

Dustin Foster, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Dallas-Fort Worth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have stayed at several hotels in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and have settled on the fact that the Double Tree DFW is my preference. The rooms are clean and up to date, service staff are very helpful and friendly. Dustin Foster always sends an email prior to arrival to make sure everything is ready for you upon arrival.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

sarah m, Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the DFW Area!

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

First negative. Lady at check-in 6pm 3.16.14 had an exposed chest tattoo. She was pleasant, but sneezed into her hands while I was checking in, then handed me the cookie and key card. I just got over pneumonia, not good! Food was excellent, the room has copious stains on the ceilings, and the bath is sized for a dwarf. Love the "working chair" with plug ins. The price is substantially less than the Hyatt or Westin, and for that you should expect somewhat lesser accommodations. One big complaint: The executive level is not open on weekends and this is not noted on the web site. I would not have booked this floor had I known that. For 130 bucks, it's okay, more than that this hotel would be a no go. Free airport parking must be considered as a plus as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Your comments will be anonymously shared with our staff and we will use your feedback to improve our guests’ experience. Thank you again for completing the review, we hope to see you again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The property is old. Which would be ok if it was clean but it isn't. My room had 2 double beds both of which had stained sheets. When I called to switch rooms I wasn't even apologized to for having a dirty room. The apology did come later but it was too little too late. I checked out the next morning as I was so grossed out. Carpets in both rooms were stained and ripped. The ceiling in the hallway had huge water stains

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We really appreciate honest feedback from guests like you. Thank you again for alerting us of your experience, and we hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area.

Waco, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

When I arrived, there was a convention going on. The convention goers wouldn't allow me down the hall with my bags. They were incredibly loud. After I checked in, I realized my room was covered in cat hair. My allergies were terrible. My neighbors were very loud from 10-11pm and then from 2-3am. I tried to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work. I finally called from my cell phone and the front desk said their system was down, and they couldn't do anything for me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We really appreciate honest feedback. We’re very sorry your experience with us was not up to our usual high standards. We are continuing to work on improving guest experience and your feedback is a great tool to help us improve. Thank you again for your honest feedback. We hope you give us another try the next time you travel to the area.

Chapala, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Room was fine & a bonus was the refrigerator in the room. Mostly catering to business people. When I stayed there the internet was very slow but I was told they were upgrading this so now it should be fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thanks for the 4-star review, we definitely appreciate it! We will share all of your great comments with our staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the area.

kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff was very friendly, and at checkin really went out of their way to change my type of room. I know it was at a more expensive rate but they were helpful and let me keep the same rate. Fatima Osinowo was such a big help Thank You. This hotel, like alot of Doubletrees are dated and need of an upgrade but I will say my room was large and clean. I will have to warn you that the HHonors lounge was very dissapointing. It had very little soda or water, the supplies were like this everytime (3) that I went in. Breakfast both mornings was poorly attended. It looked as though food had been there but again no replenishment. I would suggest they close it than offer such a weak showing. If it not been for the friendliness and professionalism of the staff I would have given the hotel an average.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and for the kind comments about our friendly staff. Your comments will be anonymously shared with our staff and we will use your feedback to improve our guests’ experience. Thank you again for completing the review, we hope to see you again soon!

Dustin Foster, Front Office Manager

Been to DoubleTree DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!