Sometimes its the little things that matter. This property appears to have been partially renovated but there is still much to be done. My room on the 8th floor was nice but the hallway was much older and some things that could be easily fixed have apparently been missed by management. (The room across from mine had chipped and peeling paint all around the door frame; the door to the stairs next to elevator had dirty hands prints and smudges that could have been cleaned but clearly hadn't been.)
On a walkway (sidewalk) out front they had obviously been doing some landscaping work and as a result there was considerable dirt/mud on the sidewalk. A hose and a broom would have fixed the problem but it stayed for 2+ days of my visit.
Despite the thermostat being set at 68 the room hit 76. I called the desk and they said they would send an engineer right up. 45 minutes later no one had come.
One last comment: There is a difference between a friendly staff and a well trained/knowledgeable staff. When I went to the Hilton Honors lounge at 8:50AM to get one last cup of coffee before they close at 9:00AM there was no coffee to be found. I called the front desk to ask what time the lounge closes in the morning and was told "actually 9 but she likes to clean up early so she can leave right at 9 but they sell Starbucks in the lobby if you really want coffee that bad". Wrong answer!
As I was leaving for the day I mentioned that no one had come to the room to look at the thermostat and was told "sorry, our maintenance guy has a mind of his own."
The property is pretty convenient to the airport and area businesses but limited resultants unless you drive.
Again, not the worst hotel I've experience but not one I'll be returning to.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Dfw Airport North Hotel
- Doubletree Dfw Airport North Hotel Irving
- Wyndham Hotel Irving
- Dfw Airport North Wyndham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel DFW Airport North, conveniently situated two miles from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), offers full-service, Texas-style hospitality at our newly transformed hotel in Irving, TX, a mile from upscale Las Colinas shopping and dining. With easy access to Hwy 114 and IH-635, business and leisure travelers are minutes from North Dallas, Downtown Dallas, the Mid-Cities, and all that the exciting DFW Metroplex has to offer. Enjoy complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service, a boarding pass kiosk, a 100% smoke-free environment and soundproof windows (you’ll never guess we’re an airport hotel) when you stay at the Doubletree hotel near DFW Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree DFW Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.