“Don't stay here! Hotel said my room was unsafe to stay in??? BEWARE...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree DFW Airport North

You added DoubleTree DFW Airport North to your Saves list
DoubleTree DFW Airport North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4441 W John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Wyndham DFW Airport North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay and Fly
Ranked #50 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Ada, Oklahoma
“Don't stay here! Hotel said my room was unsafe to stay in??? BEWARE...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Don't stay here! My family and I were staying overnight prior to flying off for a beach vacation. When we arrived, there were dogs everywhere, people sleeping in the lobby floor and on the lobby seats and sofas, and a very noisy party going on! I had made a reservation for the night of my return from vacation because our flight was arriving after midnight. It took over an hour for the shuttle to pick us up at the airport after we called for it. When we arrived back at the hotel at 2 a.m., I was told my reservation had to be moved to the Fairfield Hotel because my room was unsafe to stay in....did that mean my room was contaminated???? My sister-in-law's reservation was lost! Long story short....I gave her the Fairfield reservation as she was flying out on business the next morning, and my husband and I drove 3 hours home! Won't stay here ever again!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We really appreciate honest feedback. We’re very sorry your experience with us was not up to our usual high standards. We are continuing to work on improving guest experience and your feedback is a great tool to help us improve. Thank you again for your honest feedback. We hope you give us another try the next time you travel to the area.

Dustin Foster, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Though the rooms are a little dated, this seems like a decent place to stay. Short drive to DFW and car rental facility. Gas and food are also close. Front desk and restaurant staff were friendly. With highways so close, was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was in my room.

• Stayed March 2013
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for the review! All of your comments will be shared with our staff. Your feedback is important to us and will help us improve our guests' experience. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the DFW area.

Dustin Foster
Front Office Manager
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently stayed here for a few days for a business trip, and I will not be coming back on my next trip. The hotel is very run down and falling apart, the lobby look nice but once you step off the elevators its like stepping into a different dimension. The carpets are so worn down and stain ridden, the channel selection is horrible and you'll be lucky if you can get the AC to work. I spoke with the "manager" Laura. And she is probably the most fake person I have ever met. She pretended to care, but you could tell that she really hates her job. The only bright spot was a young lady named Karina. She was very helpful and always had a smile. I would recommend looking into some new managers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
496ChristineB, Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. I would like to specifically thank you for your comments regarding Karina. She is a very pleasant person and we are lucky to have her. WE have also added a new Front Office Manager to our team, Dustin Foster, and would love for you to give us another chance and meet him as well. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
Midland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at this Doubletree. We are Hilton Honors guests, so we have had experience with a number of different Hilton concepts. The rooms here are very clean, the beds are comfortable, and the price we paid was a pretty good deal. However, this property feels rather dated. There are no docking stations in the room and there was no digital TV reception. In addition (and this proved to be quite problematic because we spent a great deal of time traveling to and from the hotel location), unless you are arriving at the hotel from 114, it is impossible to enter the hotel parking lot from Esters without either making an illegal u-turn or by driving quite a ways south past the property and loop back around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thanks for the 4-star review, we definitely appreciate it! We will share all of your comments with our staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the area.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is wonderful and the staff are the best. We stayed 3-2013 and my daughter left her ipod stereo and when we returned a week later they had it locked up for her. I am so impressed with this hotel. The staff and very friendly and it has a wonderful restaurant or room service plus they had a Dennys in the next parking lot along with convenient store. You don't have to drive at all they also have a shuttle that will take you out and also, to the airport. " I will be staying there the next time I fly out of DFW"

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor and we enjoyed it. I would stay 5th floor and up. You could not hear an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the DFW Area!

Clearwater, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spent all weekend at the Hilton dfw grapevine conference center for a business trip. On the last night, I had to switch to this hotel (doubletree). Four of us went down to the bar for a couple beers and burgers. The bartender was awkward and extremely slow. There were gnats flying all over the INDOOR bar. He then made us their much recommended "Texas Tea" which he made with no ice and almost all sour and no liquor. (We him make it) he was not forthcoming about fixing it and only fixed one of ours. Then gives us the bill all on one check and tells us he can't split it. So I'm expected to go pay atm fees?!?! So we sat there till he figured it out. After then correcting it four times he finally split it correctly. Then we speak to management and they offer us more food! I just are a 1/2 lb. Burger wtf am I to do with more food? Let the gnats at the bar eat it!?!? So we go to our room completely unsatisfied with the lack of courtesy to their guests and I go to take a shower only to discover the water randomly turns scalding hot when you are under it! I step out, dry off and surprise surprise, toilet is leaking! So being done with the headache of it I go to sleep and order eggs, toast, bacon and potatoes for breakfast thinking how could this possibly go wrong..... well the potatoes were still cold and taste like freezer burn, each piece of bacon was cooked differently. The toast must have been microwaved bread rather than toast. Meanwhile I'm still in my room trying to nap before I had to the airport for a long day of travel and house keeping had knocked four times and opened the door three when I arranged checkout for 1pm. NEVER STAYING HERE AGAIN! YOU WOULD RECEIVE BETTER SERVICE SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR AT THE AIRPORT!!!

Room Tip: Toilet leaks and water randomly turns scalding hot in the middle of showering in room 230
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, June 29, 2013

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The room was very nice and clean. Property well kept. Check in staff was friendly and helpful. Near the airport and freeways. Did not use food services. Lobby looks nice. Only area of town where construction is not too bad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review! All of your comments will be shared with our staff. Your feedback is important to us and will help us improve our guests' experience. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you again the next time to travel to the DFW area.

Dustin Foster
Front Office Manager

Been to DoubleTree DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!