First I will start with Pros of hotel to be fair then get into the cons.
1. Excellent outdoor pool, clean functional chairs and tables w/umbrellas,nicely lit up at night.
2. Good Air Conditioning, kept room comfortable despite 100+ temps outside, however it is a very noisy AC. Like a jet engine. Low roar.
3. Bed very comfortable. Linens smelled clean. Pillows were lumpy and feather, but I always bring my own.
1. Filthy carpet. Stained everywhere. Felt sticky when walking in socks (no way was I going barefoot!!) See picture for yourself.
2. HORRIBLE bathtub. The finish is shot...full of wear and tear. Looks dirty and well used and ICK!!! Needs to be refinished or replaced.
3. First am,found out Coffee maker in room was broken. Called desk...replacement will be "right up Ma'am"...45 mins later, called again..."will send it right up Ma'am"....Nope.....finally went downstairs to desk (angry now due to lack of caffeine) and told "We'll send it right up"...NOPE!! Called desk again..same song and dance with NO COFFEE MAKER BROUGHT TO ROOM. Found maid cleaning a room and traded out for one that worked. Sorry next guest, hope you have better luck.
4. Customer Service is an F. Told front desk about dirty stained carpet etc...was told "most rooms are like that but I can move you if you want". Ordered strawberries and fruit/cheese tray..after 3 phone calls and 1 trip to desk over the course of 2 hours...did not get them. Visited Ricardo (manager) at desk, explained all the above and he offered me a free breakfast. Not good enough in my book as there was no better room to move to and I was irritated that my vacation had not begun. He asked me not to check out of hotel and said he would not charge me for that night stay (we stayed two nights). Did not expect that but was happy he took my complaints seriously. To his credit, he sent us the strawberry and cheese/fruit tray anyway with no charge. Nice touch.
Overall, there are tons of hotels in this area, just my opinion,stay somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel DFW Airport North, conveniently situated two miles from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), offers full-service, Texas-style hospitality at our newly transformed hotel in Irving, TX, a mile from upscale Las Colinas shopping and dining. With easy access to Hwy 114 and IH-635, business and leisure travelers are minutes from North Dallas, Downtown Dallas, the Mid-Cities, and all that the exciting DFW Metroplex has to offer. Enjoy complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service, a boarding pass kiosk, a 100% smoke-free environment and soundproof windows (you’ll never guess we’re an airport hotel) when you stay at the Doubletree hotel near DFW Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree DFW Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Dfw Airport North Hotel Irving
- Wyndham Hotel Irving
- Dfw Airport North Wyndham