“Management problems” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree DFW Airport North

You added DoubleTree DFW Airport North to your Saves list
DoubleTree DFW Airport North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4441 W John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Wyndham DFW Airport North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Hhonors Points
Ranked #48 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Pennsylvania
“Management problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Hotel has a great location if you need to stay near the airport or have business in the area. There are some management problems that you need to be aware of however. I stayed three days and one of those days the room was not services. This was the second time that this has happened to me in Texas Doubletree's in the same month. I hope that it isn't a trend. The hotel was also under construction which wasn't mentioned on the web page. The most serious problem however was that they failed to make a wake-up call. You would think that a hotel that is so tied to the DFW airport would be very aware of the importance of a wake-up call.

I did complain and a few days later I had a message on my answering machine from a representative from the hotel asking that I call her back to discuss the matter. I did, left a message for her to get back to me...I'm still waiting.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Ndally,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. Please forgive us for the missed wake-up call and any inconvenience this caused you, we know our traveling guests count on us for this service and apologize for the misstep. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Kind Regards,

Lawrence Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

As a Diamond member I should know better. A $110 rate was too good to be true and it was. I asked for an upgrade and receives same but arrives to a regular room, albeit a king bed, it overlooked the roof and was unremarkable in every way.

The front desk staff was pleasant enough but did not know how it was my ordinary room qualified as an upgrade.

As I draft this complimentary missive, I listening to my neighbor talk to his wife on speaker phone. It is not a pleasant conversation for any of us.

I opened the elevator to the lovely housekeeper spraying a pleasant scent liberally in the vestibule.

Take a pass

• Stayed June 2012
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for the review! All of your comments will be shared with our staff. Your feedback is important to us and will help us improve our guests' experience. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the DFW area.

Dustin Foster
Front Office Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This has got to be one of the worst Hilton locations I have stayed at. The only thing I can say is it is close to the airport. 1st my key did not work and when I went to tell the front the desk the guy acted like I was slow or something. I am a diamond member and I will never stay here again. The room are adaquit at best the bathrooms are out dated and run down.

• Stayed June 2012
LAWRENCE W, General Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Traveltoomuch1,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received during your stay with us. I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me so that we can discuss your stay. My e-mail is Lawrence.williams2@hilton.com. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree for 4 nights and had a great time. Very clean. The pool was right outside our door and never busy. I would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
LAWRENCE W, General Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Treyjewels,

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to complete our survey. We pride ourselves on providing a safe clean environment for all our guest. Our pool was recently renovated and I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it! Thank you for not giving up on our Brand and giving our hotel the opportunity to provide the service you have come to expect from DoubleTree. I will be sure to read your survey to my staff.

Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

The two Doubletree hotels I have stayed in appear to be old Hilton's that have been remodeled to various degrees. Some not so much, and the other seems almost new. This one is the latter. The staff was professional and friendly, & the whole place was spotless and comfortable. the outdoor pool was nice, and the rooms on the 1st floor had sliding doors that opened to it. We also had suprisingly good quesadillas from the restaurant, which were not too expensive (for a hotel restaurant). The Doubletree hotel in Denver (Stapleton) soured me on the chain, but a fantastic Hotwire rate and my expirence at this hotel made me change my mind completely.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear w650Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. As I’m sure you are aware, we depend greatly on our valued guest feedback to help us improve. I’m glad you were able to enjoy our newly renovated pool. Thank you for being a loyal DoubleTree guest and we look forward to your return! I will be sure to read your survey to my staff.

Silver Spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed there on a Saturday night & then the following Monday as I had to drive up to Oklahoma for a quick visit in between. I considered both stays excellent as my room was clean & had a sliding door out to the pool. I asked if I could get the same room on my return trip & they took care of me. The pool area is spacious & very easy to relax in. All in all, I was very pleased with my stay. I did book it on Hotwire & got a heck of a deal, but I'll stay there again regardless when I return to Dallas & need to be by the airport. Also, every member of the staff I encountered were extremely friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the DFW Area!

Dustin Foster, Front Office Manager
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

If you just want a hotel to crash for the night by DFW airport then this will work. They have renovated the interior so it is clean and pleasantly appointed. The beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows of different softness/hardness to choose from. Bathrooms are tiny.
Breakfast buffet was like any low cost Hilton with a hot egg breakfast choice cooked to order. Service was attentive and the staff efficient. The airport shuttle runs on the half hour.
In to sleep, out to fly....no reason to hang around.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! All of your comments will be shared with our staff. Your feedback is important to us and will help us improve our guests' experience. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you again the next time to travel to the DFW area.

Dustin Foster