“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree DFW Airport North

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree DFW Airport North to your Saves list
DoubleTree DFW Airport North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4441 W John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Wyndham DFW Airport North)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
HHonors Weekend
Ranked #52 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Oklahoma
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree for 4 nights and had a great time. Very clean. The pool was right outside our door and never busy. I would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
LAWRENCE W, General Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Treyjewels,

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to complete our survey. We pride ourselves on providing a safe clean environment for all our guest. Our pool was recently renovated and I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it! Thank you for not giving up on our Brand and giving our hotel the opportunity to provide the service you have come to expect from DoubleTree. I will be sure to read your survey to my staff.

Lawrence Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

The two Doubletree hotels I have stayed in appear to be old Hilton's that have been remodeled to various degrees. Some not so much, and the other seems almost new. This one is the latter. The staff was professional and friendly, & the whole place was spotless and comfortable. the outdoor pool was nice, and the rooms on the 1st floor had sliding doors that opened to it. We also had suprisingly good quesadillas from the restaurant, which were not too expensive (for a hotel restaurant). The Doubletree hotel in Denver (Stapleton) soured me on the chain, but a fantastic Hotwire rate and my expirence at this hotel made me change my mind completely.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear w650Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. As I’m sure you are aware, we depend greatly on our valued guest feedback to help us improve. I’m glad you were able to enjoy our newly renovated pool. Thank you for being a loyal DoubleTree guest and we look forward to your return! I will be sure to read your survey to my staff.

Silver Spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed there on a Saturday night & then the following Monday as I had to drive up to Oklahoma for a quick visit in between. I considered both stays excellent as my room was clean & had a sliding door out to the pool. I asked if I could get the same room on my return trip & they took care of me. The pool area is spacious & very easy to relax in. All in all, I was very pleased with my stay. I did book it on Hotwire & got a heck of a deal, but I'll stay there again regardless when I return to Dallas & need to be by the airport. Also, every member of the staff I encountered were extremely friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the DFW Area!

Dustin Foster, Front Office Manager
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

If you just want a hotel to crash for the night by DFW airport then this will work. They have renovated the interior so it is clean and pleasantly appointed. The beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows of different softness/hardness to choose from. Bathrooms are tiny.
Breakfast buffet was like any low cost Hilton with a hot egg breakfast choice cooked to order. Service was attentive and the staff efficient. The airport shuttle runs on the half hour.
In to sleep, out to fly....no reason to hang around.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for the review! All of your comments will be shared with our staff. Your feedback is important to us and will help us improve our guests' experience. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you again the next time to travel to the DFW area.

Dustin Foster
Front Office Manager
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed at DoubleTree DFW recently when we missed a flight connection. They picked us up at the airport and the driver was very friendly and professional. He empathized with our situation and by the time we got to the hotel we were in much better spirits. The front desk staff were professional and friendly as well. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable.

We were starving when we arrived and since it was raining we ate at the hotel restaurant. We had asked the shuttle driver and the check-in staff about the restaurant and they each raved about it so we were anxious to see if it lived up to hype. It actually did. The menu is different from most hotels and has a very tasty offering. It was hard to decide what we wanted. We had the appetizer pizza which was generously topped and very good. The crab cake was just ok. The steak was very tender and flavorful.

The breakfast buffet was $12.95 and includes coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. They have an omelette station, fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, pancakes and more. Great value.

There is also a full service bar. Service was great and they had a decent selection.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
LAWRENCE W, General Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear Lucida509,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. Our valued guest feedback is imperative to the success of our hotel and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your positive comments on our staff, service, product and facility! We strive to make each and every guest experience as great as your stay. I will be sure to read your survey to the team in our weekly staff meeting. We know there are plenty of hotel choices and truly appreciate your business. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 1:30 PM and was told my room was not ready but after a few minutes a room was found. The bathroom tub was chipped in several places, the wallpaper was patched and the shower curtain was torn. While my room was freshened every day and clean towels provided, the washcloths that I used each morning remained on the side of the tub for my entire stay. Obviously the staff could not be bothered to move the shower curtain.I ordered room service on my second evening and placed the tray outside my door at @8PM. The tray was still there in the morning...and was still there when I returned from work at 6 PM the next day! Disgusting and unsanitary. So overall up to this point I would just say the service and room were shabby and not up to Hilton standards. What pushed me over the edge happened on my last evening. I was awakened at midnight to amorous noises from my neighbors. OK, this happens. However, as the noise continued it was clear that there were 3 men and 1 woman in the room and my guess is that she was a "professional". They remained in the room for 90 minutes and then I heard the door slam and all was quiet. It was a just a generally nasty ending to my trip and I will not return to this hotel. Worth also mentioning is that the only restaurant nearby is a Denny's so there are not alot of options unless you want to drive a few miles.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
LAWRENCE W, General Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
RandiK,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and providing my team with your feedback about your stay. First I would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience at our hotel. . This is not indicative of the level of service we provide.

We are in the process of refinishing our bathtubs throughout the entire hotel. We are aware there are certain aspects of the condition of the property that are not up to DoubleTree standards and we are working to correct them. To date we have painted the building, refinished the parking lot, renovated our pool and are replacing our roof as I type this e-mail, just to mention a few projects.

Please know that I have addressed the housekeeping and room service issue as this is not indicative of the service we provide.

I also would like to apologize for our other guest waking you up at such a late hour. I have spoken with our overnight security team to be more aware of louder than normal noise coming from guest rooms on their walk through.

In regards to your comment about nearby restaurants, we do provide complementary shuttle service within a five mile radius to over 30 restaurants in the area due to the limited amount of dining options that you can walk to from our hotel.

Sir, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the level of service we are known for should you be traveling through the DFW area.

Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

This Hotel was average at best. I did like the shuttle service and that was convenient to get back and fourth from to the airport. Some of my issues with the hotel include:
1) Air conditioning System is loud and kicks on and off making it difficult to sleep.
2) I ordered dinner at the bar one evening and it was painfully slow. Bartender was not the best.
3) Printed my boarding pass in the Business Center and the printer was very low on ink.

All in all this Hotel was average for a business meeting that I was attending. I certainly would not stay here for vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! All of your comments will be shared with our staff. Your feedback is important to us and will help us improve our guests' experience. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the DFW area.

Dustin Foster
Front Office Manager

Been to DoubleTree DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!