“Suite (SWEET) Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree DFW Airport North

You added DoubleTree DFW Airport North to your Saves list
DoubleTree DFW Airport North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4441 W John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Wyndham DFW Airport North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
HHonors Weekend
Ranked #53 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Arlington, Texas
“Suite (SWEET) Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have used this hotel for numerous customers and decided to book a suites for the night. The staff was nice and responsice. Although the Front Desk agent checked me into the wrong room she was very nice and any followed up with me the next morning on how everything was. Will for sure use the hotel again when the needs arise.

Suite Stay, Suite Rate and Suite Service

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the DFW Area!

Dustin Foster, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Planet Earth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I was a bit hesitant to stay here because of the negative connotations of some of the reviews about this being a former Wyndham - which in retrospect I should not have because is there anything wrong with Wyndhams?

The Good:
I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are very nicely and comfortably furnished, with all that you would expect from a Double Tree - plush bedding and towels, nice toiletries, warm tasty cookie on arrival etc. The breakfast is very nice as well - good choice of cooked hot items, cereals, yoghurts, pastries etc. Good internet speed.

The 'OK':
The bathrooms are on the small side, but how much time are you planning on spending in there?

Other Info:
There is a 24 hour Denny's just beside the hotel if you get hungry in the middle of the night.

Verdict:
I have stayed here several times now and would definitely stay here again. It beats the DoubleTree Club in nearby Farmers Branch hands down!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for the review! All of your comments will be shared with our staff. Your feedback is important to us and will help us improve our guests' experience. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the DFW area.

Normal, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Great staff with can do attitude with our group!
The small concerns that we had were taken care of immediately with 'all' being concerned and helpful.
Chef is first class and you can break the rule of 'never eating in a hotel' on this one. Try the crab cakes - homemade and 'east coast' superb.
If you have a chance to meet Vicky / Sales Manager, Andy / Catering - Convention Services Manager, Jose Santos - Banquest Mngr... do so, they are first class people and along with front desk staff and their General Mngr, good to have working for your group.
Hotel is a little old, but they did a great job renovating. No complaints from my group.
Everyone was friendly. You can tell they have a good Gen. Mngr. and managerial staff working with everyone to be friendly and helpful.
Thanks DoubleTree DFW Airport North - out of all the global seminars we've held in the past 2 years, this one surveyed the highest -(even over your Hilton partners)

Room Tip: Traffic in area so ask for away from traffic - but - noise was not that bad. Discuss any '"...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
LAWRENCE W, General Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your very kind comments! My team and I make every effort to ensure all our guests are as pleased as you were with their stay. We know there are many options out there and we thank you for choosing to host your meeting with us.

Lawrence Williams
Olive Branch, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Nina (at the front desk) was awesome and other employees very friendly! Getting a shuttle requires a phone call and takes 15min or more. Room was large and comfy, free internet a plus.

Wolfgang Puck coffee in room good. Would prefer wrapped cups and can't believe they still have glasses for cold drinks. Glasses!! Breakfast buffet was great - love an omelet bar with a friendly chef. Starbucks in lobby nice too.

Fitness room big and roomy - tv's on treadmills always rate high with me.

The MP3 player in my room (that cord that comes out of the alarm clock) didn't work...that seems to be happening more and more lately. I guess if I don't tell anyone though I'm part of the problem.

My one rant is this....the front of the Nov HBO guide had a picture of a guy in bed with all sorts of female legs and arms draped around him (see attached picture). Given that this is placed right in front of the TV and is about the first thing you see in the room I'm certainly glad I didn't have my kids with me!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
LAWRENCE W, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the staff of the hotel! Nina is a huge asset to our team and I am so happy that you took the time to notice her.

Please know that we receive the HBO guides monthly and rest assured that management will make it a standard operating procedure to review them before they go out into our guest rooms. We sincerely thank you for your comments and feedback!

I hope that we will see you again soon. Happy Traveling!

Hilarie Dyson
Farmerville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We had reservations for park and fly. Our reservation was confusing, but the staff made up for it. I dare not mention all the amenaties, but trust me, they were great. We had a fun tme in the bar with a light supper after the flight. Thanksgiving morning we had a wonderful buffet with beautifully presented foods. There were not many travelers for the holiday and we got all the attention. Everyone from the front desk, chauffeurs, bar waiters and restaurant, maids and all were so accommodatimg.
We will surely remember our stay and how we were treated.

Room Tip: We like to watch the airplanes take off and land, so asked for an appropriate room. Great view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Altus, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here to visit friends over labor day weekend. Very convenient to airport and lots of stuff nearby. Man, I love those cookies.

• Stayed September 2011

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Had I read the earlier reviews before staying here the other night, I would have booked elsewhere. I was not aware that this was a Wyndham that was remodeled, but can definitely tell that it was not a typical Doubletree. The doors were metal and very cheap looking and the hallways were seriously a mile long. I have "away from elevator" in my profile, and they took it very seriously. They also gave me a ground floor room which I do not prefer. That made me sad.

The business center was very outdated and had practically zero connectivity. I probably spent 15-20 minutes trying to print my boarding pass for the following morning. The front desk staff seemed eager to help when I mentioned it to them but I am not sure that there was anything they could do. Unfortunately internet connectivity is just a must-have and not something that can be sub-par.

Room layout was different than other Doubletrees - very small vanity area for the bathroom. The room was average in amount of spaciousness.

Location is the redemption - they are pretty close (if you can call it that) to DFW. They do offer a shuttle which runs every 30 minutes to/from DFW.

There was nothing gross or scary about my visit, I just think that it is overrated and I would not be staying here again when I come into DFW. If there's a Doubletree on the south side of the airport, I'll go there instead.

Room Tip: Ask to be near reception otherwise you'll walk 5 miles to your room

Front Office Manager

Been to DoubleTree DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!