“Older Westin, get a suite to be wowed” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Older Westin, get a suite to be wowed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was excited to stay at this property after a couple years traveling elsewhere in the world for work. The last time I was there I was upgraded to a beautiful suite (being Platinum). Alas, this time I was a lowly Gold Member of Starwood and did not receive an upgrade. My room was normal, but a little small. The hotel was nice, as all Westins are. They have a police tower in the parking lot for added car security. There is an observation deck on the roof to watch the planes.

Room Tip: Be a platinum starwood guest or book a suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Welcome back to the Westin DFW and thank you for taking the time to complete a Westin Survey. Your feedback is critical to our ability to improve our guest experience. Our goal is to make life easier for our guests and to help them relax and revive and in your case it seems that we met your expectations. I see that you got to unwind on our roof top pool and that you enjoyed the observation deck. I do apologize that we were not able to upgrade you to a suite this time but hopefully on your next stay we will be able to accommodate you with a suite. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the DFW area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel is isolated, a fifteen minute ride from the airport (I like the free shuttle), ten minute cab ride to either restaurants or the convention center (in another direction). The hotel was undergoing renovations during my stay, it was not too much of a hassle, just a strong odor of paint in the lobby for two days.
My frustration with the hotel stemmed from the check in process: the fact that I had requested an early check-in when I made my reservation and it was not available was ok, hey I get that, you were sold out the night before, understood...but I actually called from the airport to see wherther the room was ready or not and was told that yes it was, so off to your hotel I go (since the hotel is isolated this meant I was heading to an island for the most part). Upon my arrival at 11:00 a.m. I was toild that my room in fact was not ready. I ws told you would call me when my room was ready. My conference started at 1:00 at the convention center, so might as well eat lunch...the only eateries availalbe on "the island" was the hotel restaurant or a Denny's.
The hotel restautanr is very dark with a limited menu, but the in-house smoked brisket sandwich was tasty. The server was friendly but service was painfully slow.
Still my room is not ready so off to the convention center I go to my conference. I wold have been nice to freshen up as I had been traveling since 4:00 a.m. I arrived back at the hotel at 7:00 though BTW, noone ever called me, though my room was ready so I was able to check in. The room was nice for a business class hotel and the bedding luxurious and comfortable. Bellstaff was friendly and helpful. My advice to your front desk agents, don't make promises you can't keep and follow you with your guests, if you say you are going to call, call.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. I apologize for the disappointment regarding your check in process and for the slow service that you received in the restaurant. As this is certainly not the standard in which we have set or aspire to exceed. I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take great pride in knowing that our guests leave rested and replenished. Please know that I will review the information that you have provided here with our team and we will make adjustments. In the end we want our guests to leave us better than when they arrived and I do wish that you would give us the opportunity to regain your trust and faith in our hotel.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent the night here for an early morning flight. The hotel offers a shuttle that will take you to nearby restaurants, but we didn't utilize this service. The hotel is near the Parking Spot 2 for long term parking while you travel, or they have their own shuttle to the airport which departs every 30 minutes. Great location, room and service. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We appreciate the time you have taken to express your feelings about our hotel. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. I am pleased to hear that we met all your expectations and that my staff took great care of you. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I got stranded at the Dallas Fort Worth airport last week and ended up spending the night at the Westin. We were tired, hungry and just plain fed up! We couldn't get our luggage from the airlines so we had no toiletries. Tony, the manager, was amazing!! He gave us bottles of water and was so nice and helpful! It was amazing to be treated so well after the fiasco with the airlines. The front desk staff helped us with any toiletries they had. Tony also gave us all breakfast tickets for the next morning. We all agreed that we've never been treated so warmly at a hotel (and we travel a lot). I would highly recommend this hotel and the breakfast the next morning was great too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate the time you have taken to express your feelings about our hotel. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. I am pleased to hear that we met all your expectations and that my staff took great care of you. I’m happy to know that we turned what could have been an unpleasant travel experience into a great and relaxing experience. Our goal is to make life easier for our guests and to help them relax and revive and in your case it seems that we have exceeded your expectations. I see that Tony went above and beyond in his service. We will be sure to give him the well-deserved recognition and I see that we had another employee that has gone above and beyond to give you a truly exceptional Westin experience. I will be sure to let my team know what a great job they are doing. Thank you again and we look forward to giving you another excellent experience in the future.
La Crescent, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to this hotel while my he had business meetings. It is a nice hotel for the businessman. The rooms were clean and beds and bedding were good. The meals
prepared for the business meeting were very good. This not a great place for someone not attending a meeting. I thought I would spend sometime at the rooftop pool area. The pool was fine , but the area is neglected for cleaning. There was beer bottles sitting around. The hot tub was awful!
So dirty!

• Stayed June 2014
We appreciate the time you have taken to recount your experience with us. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. I apologize for the appearance that you encountered at the pool. As this is certainly not the standard in which we have set or aspire to exceed, I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. You have my commitment that you will not find this type of condition should you allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Goochland, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Held busniness meeting and everything went off without a hitch. Staff was awesome and professional,...! meeting room and setup was right on point. Very convenient to DFW. Shuttle runs on time. Restaurant for dinner was just ok but the remainder of stay was very good

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that your meeting was such a success. I see that we met all your expectations and that our friendly professional staff took great care of you. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we hit every mark. I will be sure to give all your compliments to our staff and let them know that they have been noticed. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the DFW area.
Bismarck, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The is the worst Westin Hotel I have ever been to. Usually you get luxury feel and great service. NOT AT THIS WESTIN HOTEL!! From the moment I walked in, I noticed the floors were not vacumed in the hallways or lobby area. It was the same when I checked out the next day. I got to my room and the TV didn't work. The guest services worker David was great, he immediatly took care of the problem and upgraded my room to a suite. The valet service is lacking. The valet didn't even pull my car to the front..... The hotel is very beat up. Every piece of furniture and wall had scuff marks. The worst WESTIN HOTEL EVER!!!!!!

Room Tip: Worst Westin Ever
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!