“Nice business person's hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Irving
La Crescent, Minnesota
“Nice business person's hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to this hotel while my he had business meetings. It is a nice hotel for the businessman. The rooms were clean and beds and bedding were good. The meals
prepared for the business meeting were very good. This not a great place for someone not attending a meeting. I thought I would spend sometime at the rooftop pool area. The pool was fine , but the area is neglected for cleaning. There was beer bottles sitting around. The hot tub was awful!
So dirty!

• Stayed June 2014
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
We appreciate the time you have taken to recount your experience with us. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. I apologize for the appearance that you encountered at the pool. As this is certainly not the standard in which we have set or aspire to exceed, I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. You have my commitment that you will not find this type of condition should you allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Goochland, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Held busniness meeting and everything went off without a hitch. Staff was awesome and professional,...! meeting room and setup was right on point. Very convenient to DFW. Shuttle runs on time. Restaurant for dinner was just ok but the remainder of stay was very good

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that your meeting was such a success. I see that we met all your expectations and that our friendly professional staff took great care of you. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we hit every mark. I will be sure to give all your compliments to our staff and let them know that they have been noticed. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the DFW area.
Bismarck, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The is the worst Westin Hotel I have ever been to. Usually you get luxury feel and great service. NOT AT THIS WESTIN HOTEL!! From the moment I walked in, I noticed the floors were not vacumed in the hallways or lobby area. It was the same when I checked out the next day. I got to my room and the TV didn't work. The guest services worker David was great, he immediatly took care of the problem and upgraded my room to a suite. The valet service is lacking. The valet didn't even pull my car to the front..... The hotel is very beat up. Every piece of furniture and wall had scuff marks. The worst WESTIN HOTEL EVER!!!!!!

Room Tip: Worst Westin Ever
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My fiancé had to head to Dallas for a training seminar at the Westin DFW so he asked me to tag along for a mini getaway as well. I am honestly not sure what my expectations of an airport hotel should be since I have only stayed in one other, which also happened to be in Dallas, which I also happened to love way more.

I'm SURE there are more pros, I'm just listing the ones I witnessed first hand.

Some PROS:
-Shuttles
-Proximity to airport
-Proximity to highway
-Ease of access to local attractions
-Enjoyed the TVs local area guide
-Free parking w/ lots of good spots
-Food available around the clock with a large and appetizing menu selection
-Free WiFi - speed good for surfing net
-Starbucks Coffee in room and lobby
-Multiple food/bar options in lobby
-Big alcohol selection in or out of room
-Very clean room.. Greatly appreciated
-Rooftop pool

Some CONS:
-Proximity to Highway.. Super loud
-$12.95/day for WiFi with speed capable of streaming audio and video
-Constant noise from inside hotel as well
-Mini fridge didn't work
-TV Guide format - but what hotel doesn't have a terrible TV Guide anyways?
-Plug-ins.. I had to search for things to unplug to be able to charge our phones and laptop. When it came time to make coffee I finally gave up my plug-in search and moved the coffee maker into the bathroom
-Bed comfort = 2 on scale of 1-5.. I've had way worse but I still can't give it a 3.

In summary: This would not be my first choice for an airport hotel near DFW, unless it's considerably cheaper than others. Though I WILL say that because this hotel offers free amenities that I love that many higher-end hotels do not (Free decent in room WiFi, free parking, and round the clock room service) I would consider staying here again.. With earplugs.

Ps.: avoid the Dennys across the street at all costs.. The only PRO about this Denny's location would be that I might have just saved you from finding out all of the CONS.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed several of our amenities at the hotel.
I apologize for the mini-fridge not working in your room and also for not being able to plug-in your phones and laptop comfortably. Please know that I will review the information that you have provided here with our team and we will make adjustments. In the end we want our guests to leave us better than when they arrived and I do wish that you would give us the opportunity to regain your trust and faith in our hotel.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

It's not the Westin's fault that the immediate area around the DFW airport is not set in a more scenic spot. With that being said, the hotel's upper-class inteirior design and pleasant, helpful staff more than make up for the lack of scenic beauty surrounding the hotel. Along with the quality of food and service at the restaurant and bar, I would highly recommend this hotel to business travelers attending local meetings and to families catching an overnight stay before flying out on vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I want to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay here at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our food and service at our restaurant and bar. I will be sure to give your compliments to our staff and let them know that they have been noticed.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband and I came to Dallas for a family wedding weekend. After a 2 1/2 hour delay at O'hare, we arrived at the Westin only to discover that I had mistakenly made reservations at a different hotel. Mark at the front desk went out of his way to get us quickly settled in at the Westin, sine we are Starwood members we even got an upgrade even though we didn't even ask for it! We found the hotel clean, incredibly quiet even though we were so close to the airport. We are familiar with the Westin brand and the heavenly bed which is truly heavenly. We ate at both restaurants in the hotel and the food was good in both places. If I'm in Dallas again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The suite we had was great, very roomy with lots of plugs for all the electronics
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel. I am pleased to know that we met all your expectations. We take great pride in knowing that the guests leave rested and replenished. It looks like we hit the mark in your case.
I thank you again for all the wonderful feedback that you have provided. I will be sure to give all your compliments to our staff and let them know that they have been noticed.
OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Wonderful visit. I received a complimentary room upgrade which was greatly appreciated. The staff were especially attentive and professional. If I find myself in Irving again I will definitely consider this property again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and your free room upgrade.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!