“Guest-of-the-Day at Westin DFW” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Sydney AU
“Guest-of-the-Day at Westin DFW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

What a memorable and timely, honoured-experience! Checking-in on the last day of our US vacation driving experience from Chicago to Dallas Fort Worth, it was truly a surprise to see my name up on big-screen as Guest of the Day! But what followed could not have been more appreciated, as our flight to Australia was not until the following evening, so when the friendly receptionist advised that we had been upgraded to a Suite, with complimentary 4 PM check-out, it was really wonderful for weary travellers. I am in SPG at base-level member, so do not receive 4 PM late checkout benefit. The next morning, the breakfast staff at Market Restaurant reflected Reception Staff and could not have been friendlier in meeting our every-need. Indeed, so different overall and personalised to most busy airport hotels. Thank you Westin DFW...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I want to thank you for letting us know about our stay here at our hotel. I am pleased to know that we met all your expectations and that you were able to stay in one of our suites and take advantage of a late check out.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the DFW area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

It was so great to stay here. The only thing I left for was work the 3 weeks I stayed here. Wonderful breakfast, so many choices and attentive service.

It really seemed to me that they value each visitor and do what they can to make each person feel at home.

Room was great and I could keep it the temperature I like. Friendly faces, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to know that we met all your expectations and you were able to enjoy our breakfast.
I thank you again for all your wonderful feedback and I will make sure to give all your comments to our staff and let them know that they have been noticed.
We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the DFW area.
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Staff service is great! Rooms are very spacious and very comfortable. They have a nice bar/restaurant. A convenience store is across the street if needed. I have no complaints about this hotel. Definitely select the "green choice" if your stay is a few days. Green choice allows you to gain rewards points for not having your room cleaned every day or fresh towels every day. I highly recommend this option! I'm so glad they offer this.

Green Features: I love the "green choice" option. This is how you can choose to not have your room cleaned every day and new towels every day. You get rewards points and it's so easy. I highly recommend it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel and I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your visit to our bar/restaurant and that you liked our Green Choice Program.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

After calling and going back and forth with you're hotel really needing a double bed on a group rate with limited space. I was finally transferred to Vanessa C.! Vanessa was great, she gave me the best service. As well as, going out of her way in order to give me what I needed as a customer. There were no more double beds and she called out of her way to request more rooms with double beds. Note no one before her even mentioned they could do that. I was in contact with her about 30 minutes later with great news! Someone give this girl a raise! She deserves it! I definitely wouldn't have been able to stay here if it wasn't for her services, thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel and certainly pleased to know Vanessa was able to accomodate your request. We are definitely very happy to have her in our team and I will make sure to let her know about your kind words.
Anna Maria Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our college baseball team was staying at the hotel during the NCAA tournament. On Sunday night after a late game, parents and players descended on the hotel restaurant. They were clearly caught by surprise at 60+ people settled in after 9pm. The staff was, however, superb. They got us all seated relatively quickly and got our orders in without hesitation. Julia Piccolo, our waitress and hostess, was particularly good. While we knew they were swamped, she never showed it, was courteous, efficient and professional. And to top it off, the food was really, really good. I was surprised how good (especially the steaks and pork chops) the food was for a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
I am pleased to know you enjoyed our hotel restaurant and the service of our wonderful associates. I will be sure to give all your compliments to our staff and let them know that they have been noticed.
Keller
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were limited in the choices of our stay this weekend June 6-8 2014. The very last George Straight concert at the ATT Stadium, Rangers playing in town, Indy car race at the TMS and every town had graduation ceremonies. These rooms are great for overnighters but I would not recommend for the business traveler. These rooms and bathrooms were updated but the furniture and fixtures are original. Bathrooms were small and the plumbing fixtures were outdated. There are no desktop power or wired connections for digital devices. I even had to move the coffee pot to a suitable location and crawl on the floor to plug it in. There was some airplane noise during the day due to proximity to the airport. The paper goods were on par with schools. Not what I would expect at this price range. The one place Westin did make an investment was in the bedding. VERY comfortable beds and linens.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of DFW and quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We appreciate the time that you took out of your schedule to complete a Westin survey. I want to apologize for the set of circumstances and inconveniences that you experienced. I only wish that I was made aware of this while you were still a guest in the hotel. I assure you that anyone on our management team would have made this right. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We consistently receive high marks from our guests and I regret that you had this type of unusual experience. I sincerely hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again so that you may experience all that our hotel has to offer.
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The staff was very friendly and quick with checking in most guests. I had requested a double but somehow it was out in as a king. However since hotel was completely sold out they sent a very nice roll a way bed to my room complimentary. Rooms were clean but small. Hotel restaurant was nice but pricey. Very close to airport and shuttle runs 24 hours. I would stay here again but only id I needed to be close to airport.

• Stayed June 2014
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We appreciate all the wonderful compliments. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the hotel being sold out but I am pleased that we were able to turn the situation around. I hope that should your travel plans once again include our area that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!