“They really came through” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Anna Maria Island, Florida
“They really came through”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our college baseball team was staying at the hotel during the NCAA tournament. On Sunday night after a late game, parents and players descended on the hotel restaurant. They were clearly caught by surprise at 60+ people settled in after 9pm. The staff was, however, superb. They got us all seated relatively quickly and got our orders in without hesitation. Julia Piccolo, our waitress and hostess, was particularly good. While we knew they were swamped, she never showed it, was courteous, efficient and professional. And to top it off, the food was really, really good. I was surprised how good (especially the steaks and pork chops) the food was for a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
I am pleased to know you enjoyed our hotel restaurant and the service of our wonderful associates. I will be sure to give all your compliments to our staff and let them know that they have been noticed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were limited in the choices of our stay this weekend June 6-8 2014. The very last George Straight concert at the ATT Stadium, Rangers playing in town, Indy car race at the TMS and every town had graduation ceremonies. These rooms are great for overnighters but I would not recommend for the business traveler. These rooms and bathrooms were updated but the furniture and fixtures are original. Bathrooms were small and the plumbing fixtures were outdated. There are no desktop power or wired connections for digital devices. I even had to move the coffee pot to a suitable location and crawl on the floor to plug it in. There was some airplane noise during the day due to proximity to the airport. The paper goods were on par with schools. Not what I would expect at this price range. The one place Westin did make an investment was in the bedding. VERY comfortable beds and linens.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of DFW and quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We appreciate the time that you took out of your schedule to complete a Westin survey. I want to apologize for the set of circumstances and inconveniences that you experienced. I only wish that I was made aware of this while you were still a guest in the hotel. I assure you that anyone on our management team would have made this right. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We consistently receive high marks from our guests and I regret that you had this type of unusual experience. I sincerely hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again so that you may experience all that our hotel has to offer.
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and quick with checking in most guests. I had requested a double but somehow it was out in as a king. However since hotel was completely sold out they sent a very nice roll a way bed to my room complimentary. Rooms were clean but small. Hotel restaurant was nice but pricey. Very close to airport and shuttle runs 24 hours. I would stay here again but only id I needed to be close to airport.

• Stayed June 2014
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We appreciate all the wonderful compliments. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the hotel being sold out but I am pleased that we were able to turn the situation around. I hope that should your travel plans once again include our area that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Lake Worth, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel was nice, clean rooms and super comfy beds, the beds were actually my favorite part of the stay! The staff was friendly and greeted us as soon as we walked in. There isn't much by the hotel besides a Denny's which is okay if your staying for work. So overall pretty good stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel. We appreciate all the wonderful compliments. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We pride ourselves in knowing that our guests leave rested and replenished. It is important to us that our guests sleep well in our Westin Heavenly beds. It looks like we hit that mark in your case and that you left us rested and replenished. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the DFW area.
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night after we got married because our flight for our honeymoon wasn't until the next morning. We checked in at 11:30 pm and no one was in the parking lot or at the valet counter to help with parking. We had read online that parking was free unless you used valet service so we parked our vehicle and went to the service counter. We discussed hotel shuttle pick up times and got our room key. However when we returned at 8pm from our trip our truck was missing. While we were gone our truck had been towed and impounded for our entire trip (7 days) without us being informed at all. It was towed for not having an "alleged" parking pass that was suppose to be given to us. However, during our entire conversation the service counter failed to mention anything about a parking pass being necessary. When asked what we were suppose to do the supervisor told us that it was OUR responsibility to ASK for a pass and that we were responsible for the full amount of the impound fee. It was a terrible way to end our honeymoon having to come back to our home state and deal with arrogant pricks.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We did receive your other comments and I have sent a personal response to your email on file. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me personally.
Richland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Well, you have a certain standard that you hold a Westin hotel to and our room was below that. Hairs in the sink, trash in the drawers, and a sink that only had hot water. Other than that, it was okay. Free breakfast was a nice perk too. Starbucks in the lobby was convenient. The property felt new and modern. Transportation was prompt too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. We truly value the voice of our guests. I will review your comments with the team and we will make every attempt to address these concerns. I would like to apologize for what is definitely not our standard and for what certainly seems like a less than desirable experience during your last stay. I assure you that we value all of our customers and most importantly the loyal Starwood Preferred Guests. We take great pride in knowing that our guests that stay with us leave refreshed and renewed, better than they arrived. I do deeply apologize that we did not accomplish that in your case. I see you had the opportunity to enjoy our wonderful breakfast at The Market restaurant and that you took advantage of our free shuttle service to the airport. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future so that we can regain you trust in our hotel.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel Monday to Thursday for little under a year. The staff was always friendly and helpful, though they started to have some turnover problems toward the end of my stay. The Rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. The hotel always met my expectations. The bar was a bit pricey for the location and didn't have a great selection. Overall, I think this hotel is your best option if you are trying to stay close to the DFW airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for completing a Westin survey. Your feedback is critical to our ability to improve our guest experience. I am pleased to know that we could make this a place a home away from home, as I can see how being away from home can be tiresome. With our Heavenly bed program we pride ourselves on a relaxing and reviving night’s sleep, as we know it is crucial to a productive trip. It looks like we hit that mark in your case and that you left us rested and replenished. Our goal is to make life easier for our guests and to help them relax and revive and in your case it seems that we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the DFW area.

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!