“Worst experience I have ever had while staying at a hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Lubbock, Texas
“Worst experience I have ever had while staying at a hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night after we got married because our flight for our honeymoon wasn't until the next morning. We checked in at 11:30 pm and no one was in the parking lot or at the valet counter to help with parking. We had read online that parking was free unless you used valet service so we parked our vehicle and went to the service counter. We discussed hotel shuttle pick up times and got our room key. However when we returned at 8pm from our trip our truck was missing. While we were gone our truck had been towed and impounded for our entire trip (7 days) without us being informed at all. It was towed for not having an "alleged" parking pass that was suppose to be given to us. However, during our entire conversation the service counter failed to mention anything about a parking pass being necessary. When asked what we were suppose to do the supervisor told us that it was OUR responsibility to ASK for a pass and that we were responsible for the full amount of the impound fee. It was a terrible way to end our honeymoon having to come back to our home state and deal with arrogant pricks.

• Stayed May 2014
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We did receive your other comments and I have sent a personal response to your email on file. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Richland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Well, you have a certain standard that you hold a Westin hotel to and our room was below that. Hairs in the sink, trash in the drawers, and a sink that only had hot water. Other than that, it was okay. Free breakfast was a nice perk too. Starbucks in the lobby was convenient. The property felt new and modern. Transportation was prompt too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. We truly value the voice of our guests. I will review your comments with the team and we will make every attempt to address these concerns. I would like to apologize for what is definitely not our standard and for what certainly seems like a less than desirable experience during your last stay. I assure you that we value all of our customers and most importantly the loyal Starwood Preferred Guests. We take great pride in knowing that our guests that stay with us leave refreshed and renewed, better than they arrived. I do deeply apologize that we did not accomplish that in your case. I see you had the opportunity to enjoy our wonderful breakfast at The Market restaurant and that you took advantage of our free shuttle service to the airport. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future so that we can regain you trust in our hotel.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel Monday to Thursday for little under a year. The staff was always friendly and helpful, though they started to have some turnover problems toward the end of my stay. The Rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. The hotel always met my expectations. The bar was a bit pricey for the location and didn't have a great selection. Overall, I think this hotel is your best option if you are trying to stay close to the DFW airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for completing a Westin survey. Your feedback is critical to our ability to improve our guest experience. I am pleased to know that we could make this a place a home away from home, as I can see how being away from home can be tiresome. With our Heavenly bed program we pride ourselves on a relaxing and reviving night’s sleep, as we know it is crucial to a productive trip. It looks like we hit that mark in your case and that you left us rested and replenished. Our goal is to make life easier for our guests and to help them relax and revive and in your case it seems that we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the DFW area.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was very please with the prompt shuttle service and it runs 24 hours as I need a 5am return this was a no worries event. Other hotels share shuttles and you are lucky if they even show up. The bed was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. With our Heavenly bed program we pride ourselves on a relaxing and reviving night’s sleep, as we know it is crucial to a productive trip. It looks like we hit that mark in your case and that you left us rested and replenished. I see that you also had the pleasure of the using our complimentary shuttle service. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We came with my husband who was in a conference and my kids 4 and 11 and I tagged along. This hotel is obviously geared toward the business traveler but I wanted to express my gratitude for the staff being just wonderful to my kids. Felix in the breakfast room was awesome as he helped us figure out the whole breakfast buffet with kids. He made a formal breakfast (which was stressful with kids i.e. don't touch this, be too loud, walk softly, etc...) feel so warm and welcoming. The food was also first class! The bellman at the front desk also was amazing. After we tipped him for carrying all of our kid stuff and bags downstairs, he took my girls to the gift shop and spent his whole tip on buying them candy. What a guy, who does that??? Would return anytime!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We appreciate all the wonderful compliments. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We consistently receive high marks from our guests and I am pleased to hear that we met all your expectations. I’m happy to know that we turned what could have been an unpleasant travel experience into a great and relaxing experience. Our goal is to make life easier for our guests and to help them relax and revive and in your case it seems that we have exceeded your expectations. I see that Felix went above and beyond in his service. We will be sure to give him the well-deserved recognition and I see that we had another employee that has gone above and beyond to give you a truly exceptional Westin experience. I will be sure to let my team know what a great job they are doing. Thank you again and we look forward to giving you another excellent experience in the future.
Holland, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is the third Westin hotel I have stayed at this year. I have had better experiences. The hotel was up to expectations but walking up to a cold shower on my last of two mornings was below expectations. Called down to the front desk, all I was told was there would be hot water sooner or later. Not overall the answer I was expecting.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to lets us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. I regret that your experience was not perfect and I assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and work hard to continually improve our service. I do sincerely apologize for what seems to have been very disappointing. I only wish that I had the opportunity to visit with you while you were a guest in the hotel. I am sure that we would have found a way to resolve the issue to your complete satisfaction. Please know that I will review the information that you have provided here with our team and we will make adjustments. This type of information is very valuable to us and I assure you we will use it to improve the experience for future guests. I sincerely hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again so that you may experience all that our hotel has to offer.
Savannah, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

There are certain things that hotels - especially Starwood hotels in my opinion, need to get right. This has been a series of misses during my brief business trip. First, I requested a 4 am wake up call. It didn't happen so I missed my flight. They did provide me a "free" breakfast, but when the server came up she made it clear she expected a tip for delivering the "free" breakfast. The same server later came back - although I had do not disturb on the door, and knocked repeatedly and said she had to pick up the tray. What is precisely the purpose of do not disturb at this hotel, I wonder? All in all, not a good showing at this hotel. I'm loyal to Starwood, next time I'll try Aloft or Sheraton for convenience in Irving.

Room Tip: Stay at another Starwood property in Irving. There are options.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. We truly value the voice of our guests. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you had here at our hotel. I regret to hear that you were so disappointed with your stay. I wish I would have known during your stay. I would have personally seen to it that we did everything we could have to deliver on our promise for a refreshing and renewing Westin experience. In this day and age we know that our customers have many choices and we rely on feedback from our guests in order to improve our delivery to future guests. Please know that I will review the information that you have provided here with our team and we will make adjustments. I do wish that you would give us the opportunity to regain your trust and faith in our hotel. If willing, please reach out to me personally and I will see to it that you are well taken care of.

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!