“Great airport hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Miami, Florida
“Great airport hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I flew into Dallas for one night and was very pleased with the Westin. Shuttle service was very reliable. Check-in was perfect. The clerk was discreet and professional. He never said my room number out loud (I appreciate this as a single traveler). He didn't say anything about my Priceline reservation. When I showed him my Gold SPG card, he offered me a free drink or extra points. The room was clean, comfortable and stylish. I checked out the gym and the pool on the top floor. The tv is a nice and big flat screen! The elevators work with no problem. If I am back in the DFW area again, I will definitely stay at this Westin.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Sat on hotel shuttle, waiting to pick up pilots at DFW E Concourse. At first, they didn't show up, and the shuttle headed to the exit. Little did I know we were going around to wait even longer. Pilots got on and said, "Hey this shuttle timing worked out great. Doesn't usually work so well." I didn't point out to them that we'd been actually been waiting, gone around, then picked them up. Not a big issue. Then, I walked into the lobby to check in. I was the first in line. Pilots came in well after me, as their bags were in the back of the shuttle. However, front desk staff refused to acknowledge me, and instead rushed to check in the pilots who were behind me. Even if I wasn't Starwood Platinum, I'd be offended. Spoke with manager on duty, Amy, who was very sympathetic and did all she could to make me feel like my business was appreciated. Had dinner in hotel restaurant and service was fantastic. So, net-net, it's a mixed bag. Will I stay here again or will I write a complaint to SPG? Not sure yet. Maybe both. Maybe neither. But the people who did care, did a great job. Unfortunately, the damage was already done.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response. I am very disappointed that your check in experience was not what we expect from our associates and the Westin Brand. We will work to resolve this issue and we hope to see you again.
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great location. Nice bar area. Food was really lacking. Everything was either bland or over seasoned. Awesome meeting area and it is a nice that a staffer is always around to direct you to the right area. Frequent shuttles to every half an hour. Rooms are updated and comfortable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response and comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I have shared this feedback with the team so we can improve our dinning experience.
Cornelius, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Overall the hotel was fine - nothing special, but functional and quiet. Only issue was that the business center personnel were not very helpful. Requested the use of a conference room so my boss and I could hold a conference call and the business center personnel informed us the "charge" for 15 minutes of use would be $75.00
That seemed quite excessive, especially in light of the fact that we had two rooms for two nights at a standard rate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. We are working with Westin on their new program called Tangent which will provide better alternatives for business travelers who want to have short meeting.
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Full service hotel with established staff who were very accommodating. Customer service was above average. Rooms were clean but temperature control in the room was a bit of an issue. Could not seem to keep room cool enough. Price was a bit high for amenities provided.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We hope to have you as our guest the next time you are in DFW.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My company held a 3 day meeting at this property last week and I was pleased!

The sleeping rooms were very comfortable although I found the bathrooms to be incredibly small; you can tell that this hotel is probably 20 or more years old. Everything was very clean and in good working order. Quality flat screen TV, plenty of plugs for electronics (sometimes a problem in older places) and the bedding was top notch.

Meeting rooms were acceptable and fairly roomy with comfortable chairs. Breaks were excellent and set up well.

The restaurant meals were very good, and just what should have been ordered with a combination of healthy and hearty.

The staff are what really make a hotel experience and this team is solid! Front desk people were extremely nice and helpful. Every person I encountered during my stay took the time to look me in the eye, smile, and say, "Hello!" That's top notch service!

I was also pleased with the exercise facility and pool area. Plenty of room, good equipment, and services.

Room Tip: I recommend lower floors to reduce elevator wait time.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our guest survey. I appreciate all the comments and feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased that you had a pleasant experience and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Airport hotels are generally there for one purpose only. The Westin has very good accommodation - we had a suite - and an excellent steak in the restaurant. Friendly and helpful staff. Very quiet despite the planes going right overhead we never heard them. Prompt airport shuttle, which takes about 10 or 15 minutes to get back to the airport. Very smooth and price wise a much better option than hotels that have direct access to the airport departure/arrival halls.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful compliments the staff was very excited t hear you enjoyed your stay so much.

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!