“wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 77 hotels in Irving
Frankfort, Kentucky
“wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel has one of the best staff. very attentive to guests at any time. my husband and I were there over the 4th for a convention. I had reserved a room with 2 full beds because the one I wanted, a room with 1 kingsize bed, was not available at the time. after we got in the room, it looked too small for 2, so I called the front desk to see if they had a room with king size bed. after several minutes they got 2 new keys to a room with king bed on the 13th floor! we moved immediately from the 5th to 13th floor. on another day, I wanted apple and they had run out of the apples they usually stacked at the front desk for guests. one of the staff had to go to the kitchen to get me some apples! I thought that was really nice of him.

Room Tip: higher floors have better view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful experience and were able to get the room type you preferred. We take great pride in taking care of our guest needs, and we would love the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

425 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Besides the pool area being under renovation this was an awesome hotel nice inside and out. My wife and I spent the wknd just for a lil getaway little did we know there was also an african convention of some sort going on also ... ALL NIGHT LONG! Hotel staff was wonderful the convention guest were not! All and all great stay looking forward to coming back once the roads to other attractions in the area are done being worked on lol ... Gps kept taking me in circles! Lol

• Stayed July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have stayed here for every trip with an overnight lay over due to location to Dfw and shuttle. Great value, awesome staff and very comfortable beds. We considered several hotels in the area but due to past experience and my sons strong desire to visit lego discovery store here we are.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate the wonderful comments! As for our location we offer complimentary shuttle service to many activities. We are conveniently located near Grapevine, Irving, Las Colinas and many other areas that offer excellent dining, shopping and entertainment. We also offer our own unique and outstanding food and spirits in our Blue Fire Grille restaurant and lounge. We hope to see you again soon!
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The service was great and the location is nice, right off 114 and just north of DFW (with a complimentary shuttle). The room decor is nice and very clean, but the bed was sadly uncomfortable. When we stayed the fitness center (and pool) was closed, although a shuttle was provided to the Sheraton down the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. Our goal is for each guest to leave us refreshed and renewed. It’s our promise to you! The Westin Heavenly Bed experience is essential to any Westin stay and I apologize that it felt uncomfortable. During your stay we were doing a complete refresh of our Westin Workout and added brand new equipment. I am pleased to say we have finished our renovations and would love to welcome you back to our hotel.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel was just ok. I was severely disapointed as they had their fitness area torn apart and under construction. They did have a smaller fitness area but it was a tiny little room outside the lobby. The pool area was nice (on the 15th floor) but again, they had the jacuzzi closed too! Kinda disapointing as I was looking forward to relaxing after work.
The worst part of this trip was this: I was staying on the 10th floor and there is a hospitality room a couple rooms down from my room. On a THURSDAY night they booked the hospitality room for some party until after MIDNIGHT! There were literally at least 100 people coming IN and OUT of that small room...they had BBQ and music playing. I called the front desk THREE times and no one ever got those people to be quiet. It was so bad I could not go to sleep until after 1am (mind you I was here for business). I was very upset and asked (politely) to move rooms but they said I couldn't because the same group was on every floor making noise. I thought they should have made that group quiet down. I was very very disapointed.

Room Tip: ask to NOT be put next to a hospitality room. If you are looking for a fitness center and spa...g...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to lets us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. Our goal is for each guest to leave us refreshed and renewed. It’s our promise to you! I regret that your experience was not perfect and I assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and work hard to continually improve our service and hotel. I would like to apologize it is our goal to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations.
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed here twice, the service is excellent , they have a roof top gym and swimming pool, which i use when ever i visit. I visit mostly for business meetings in Dallas. This is one of my favorite place to stay. They have good breakfast, a nice bar in evening which is open till midnight and if you still need to eat something after midnight there is Denny's right across the street. Currently the GYM is under renovation, I am sure they will fix it very soon.

Room Tip: Stay on 14th Floor some of the rooms here are blocked for starwood members
Rancho Mirage, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I was a bit disappointed and expected better quality for a Westin. The hotel was clean, furniture was OK but it just had a feeling of "old". I paid the extra $20 for an executive floor room but didn't see anything different other than a robe on the bathroom door hook. My room faced the airport runaways and had to get used to the plane noise. Great TV in the room though. Probably would not stay here again since hotels are plentiful in the area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your last visit. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We consistently receive high marks from our guests and I regret that you had this type of experience. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide outstanding service that our hotel prides itself on. I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your last visit. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We consistently receive high marks from our guests and I regret that you had this type of experience. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide outstanding service that our hotel prides itself on.

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!