“Good accommodations with Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Toronto
“Good accommodations with Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Located close to the airport. Found the room to be up-to-date with flat screen TV, comfortable beds and lots of water pressure for the shower. The big added bonus was the in-room and the conference room had free wifi. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The conference facilties were good. They had a hot breakfast which I found to be good with lots of seating.
The only negatives are this place is not really close to anything. Had to cab it for dinner each night. They advertise the shuttle will take you to restaurants within 5 miles, but found out they only go to certain restaurnats within that radius. Overall, I would stay again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a very good airport hotel with small perks that really make a difference: free wifi throughout the hotel, even in the conference room areas. Newspapers placed on a credenza outside the elevators. (And fast elevator service.) Very good service and food throughout the dining and bar areas. Prompt shuttle service to the airport. Well-staffed with employees who are happy to help when asked nicely. These are little things that add up to a good experience when you're away for several days at a business meeting.

The meeting space for my group was very well laid out and easy to navigate for a large group. Hotel staff was accommodating and flexible to meet our needs. Food and beverage selections for our breaks were excellent. I would definitely organize a large meeting at this property again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is your typical mid-range Westin. The location is great with regard to the airport, downtown Dallas or Fort Worth, etc. We have stayed here several times and it has always been quiet and well maintained. The bar is kind of fun with friendly staff. The gym is above average; they have a multi-function piece of equipment. (why doesn't every gym get this???)
They don't have a club floor; that would be nice. We didn't eat here but the Starbucks downstairs is nice and adequate.
We were upgraded to a suite and didn't have to ask for it; always appreciate that.
Sounds like a little thing, but we really appreciate hotels where you can crank the AC down at night as we like to sleep cold. AC was great!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I love Westin's, and this hotel proved why. Shuttle service was prompt from the airport. Check-in was a breeze from a very friendly staff member. I was told that as an SPG Gold member, I had been upgraded to the "Executive Floor." I'm not sure what makes the "executive floor," which turned out to be on the 12th floor, so special, but oh well. The room itself was nice, with a great, er, "Heavenly" bed, and dual "Heavenly" shower heads. I ate at the hotel restaurant (see my review of that separately), and largely enjoyed my meal there. The fitness room on the top floor is expansive and new. The public spaces are clean, and new looking too. The hot tub, was, sadly not working, although the pool was open on the rooftop. Shuttle service back to the airport in the morning was easy. This is a great hotel, and I absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful compliments. The staff will be so excited to hear that they made such an impact.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend as part of a week long trip to DFW area. The room was very clean, modern, and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, as were the previous experiences at the Westin. The most frustrating and absolutely irritating thing at any hotel is having to endure listening to some annoying noise all night while trying to sleep. We were placed in a room on the second floor right above main entry where loud music was playing from the outside speakers all night. The first night we put up with and turned the in room fan on to try and drowned out noise, but the second night we couldn't take it anymore. We called the front desk and asked that the music be turned off or move us to another room. We were told they would turn the music down. 20 minutes later, no change in the volume. After midnight and three phone calls later, the music finally got turned off. It would have been a lot easier and less frustrating if I could have moved rooms as requested several times! If you stay here, request a room on one of the upper floors to avoid the loud music, annoyingly loud people coming in and out of the hotel, and cars pulling in and out at the main entry. For the most part this is a very nice hotel and I would stay here again, but I would be more selective as to which room I am given.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floor to avoid a lot of noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DFW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for one night last weekend. We booked a room on the "day of" thru Hotwire & got it for $69! I called as soon as I booked the room to ask for a King room. They took note & made no promises.

We arrived pretty late due to all the traffic issues in the DFW area.... as we checked in , the hubs asked to have a room on a high floor.... the gal said, well, you are already on the top floor, so I can't really do any better than that! We had a laugh & thanked her, then ran up to our room on the 15th floor. The room faced east & we were concerned the morning sun would wake us (we were in the area for a music concert & expected to be out late). I had heard that in the west facing rooms, you could hear the airplanes all night....so, we just said oh well.... maybe the shades & curtains will block it out. And it did! We were able to sleep in because the room was very dark!

The housekeeping staff on the other hand was a bit noisey just outside our room ( we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door). They were talking rather loud & banging the walls with something. What they didn't know was, I was already up & heard it all. No worries tho. I did hear a few planes as I was laying in bed.... but they didn't wake me up. As we were leaving.... a plane flew directly over the hotel ..... VERY, VERY close. So, if that noise would bother you.... it wouldn't matter which side of the hotel you stayed on. Plus I wear earplugs, so I don't hear much anyway!

The bed was very comfy, the room & bathroom clean. I love the Westin decor... very contemporary & modern. Dark woods & stainless, sleek lines. LOVE IT.

The bath products at all Westins is to die for! I love the fragrance of the products. I buy it online because it smells so heavenly! Some of the hotels sell the product in the gift shops or spas... but this one didn't.

As we were heading out for the concert... we asked the valet if he could call us a cab.... a limo had just dropped off some people, so he had him stop for us! We got to ride in style in a Lincoln Towncar for the same price as a taxi! Wonderful. The driver gave us his card & said to call him when we were ready to come back & he'd be right there.... we called him & he was there within fifteen minutes! Wonderful service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cobble Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Finally found the perfect place to stay when flying out of DFW. Easy to find and staff that can't do enough for you. We felt secure leaving our vehicle there. The rooms are outstanding, clean, and with the most comfortable bed ever and high thread count on the bedding. We will use the Westin every time from now on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!