“Nice Property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Austin, Texas, United States
“Nice Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is your typical mid-range Westin. The location is great with regard to the airport, downtown Dallas or Fort Worth, etc. We have stayed here several times and it has always been quiet and well maintained. The bar is kind of fun with friendly staff. The gym is above average; they have a multi-function piece of equipment. (why doesn't every gym get this???)
They don't have a club floor; that would be nice. We didn't eat here but the Starbucks downstairs is nice and adequate.
We were upgraded to a suite and didn't have to ask for it; always appreciate that.
Sounds like a little thing, but we really appreciate hotels where you can crank the AC down at night as we like to sleep cold. AC was great!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I love Westin's, and this hotel proved why. Shuttle service was prompt from the airport. Check-in was a breeze from a very friendly staff member. I was told that as an SPG Gold member, I had been upgraded to the "Executive Floor." I'm not sure what makes the "executive floor," which turned out to be on the 12th floor, so special, but oh well. The room itself was nice, with a great, er, "Heavenly" bed, and dual "Heavenly" shower heads. I ate at the hotel restaurant (see my review of that separately), and largely enjoyed my meal there. The fitness room on the top floor is expansive and new. The public spaces are clean, and new looking too. The hot tub, was, sadly not working, although the pool was open on the rooftop. Shuttle service back to the airport in the morning was easy. This is a great hotel, and I absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful compliments. The staff will be so excited to hear that they made such an impact.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend as part of a week long trip to DFW area. The room was very clean, modern, and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, as were the previous experiences at the Westin. The most frustrating and absolutely irritating thing at any hotel is having to endure listening to some annoying noise all night while trying to sleep. We were placed in a room on the second floor right above main entry where loud music was playing from the outside speakers all night. The first night we put up with and turned the in room fan on to try and drowned out noise, but the second night we couldn't take it anymore. We called the front desk and asked that the music be turned off or move us to another room. We were told they would turn the music down. 20 minutes later, no change in the volume. After midnight and three phone calls later, the music finally got turned off. It would have been a lot easier and less frustrating if I could have moved rooms as requested several times! If you stay here, request a room on one of the upper floors to avoid the loud music, annoyingly loud people coming in and out of the hotel, and cars pulling in and out at the main entry. For the most part this is a very nice hotel and I would stay here again, but I would be more selective as to which room I am given.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floor to avoid a lot of noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DFW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for one night last weekend. We booked a room on the "day of" thru Hotwire & got it for $69! I called as soon as I booked the room to ask for a King room. They took note & made no promises.

We arrived pretty late due to all the traffic issues in the DFW area.... as we checked in , the hubs asked to have a room on a high floor.... the gal said, well, you are already on the top floor, so I can't really do any better than that! We had a laugh & thanked her, then ran up to our room on the 15th floor. The room faced east & we were concerned the morning sun would wake us (we were in the area for a music concert & expected to be out late). I had heard that in the west facing rooms, you could hear the airplanes all night....so, we just said oh well.... maybe the shades & curtains will block it out. And it did! We were able to sleep in because the room was very dark!

The housekeeping staff on the other hand was a bit noisey just outside our room ( we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door). They were talking rather loud & banging the walls with something. What they didn't know was, I was already up & heard it all. No worries tho. I did hear a few planes as I was laying in bed.... but they didn't wake me up. As we were leaving.... a plane flew directly over the hotel ..... VERY, VERY close. So, if that noise would bother you.... it wouldn't matter which side of the hotel you stayed on. Plus I wear earplugs, so I don't hear much anyway!

The bed was very comfy, the room & bathroom clean. I love the Westin decor... very contemporary & modern. Dark woods & stainless, sleek lines. LOVE IT.

The bath products at all Westins is to die for! I love the fragrance of the products. I buy it online because it smells so heavenly! Some of the hotels sell the product in the gift shops or spas... but this one didn't.

As we were heading out for the concert... we asked the valet if he could call us a cab.... a limo had just dropped off some people, so he had him stop for us! We got to ride in style in a Lincoln Towncar for the same price as a taxi! Wonderful. The driver gave us his card & said to call him when we were ready to come back & he'd be right there.... we called him & he was there within fifteen minutes! Wonderful service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cobble Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Finally found the perfect place to stay when flying out of DFW. Easy to find and staff that can't do enough for you. We felt secure leaving our vehicle there. The rooms are outstanding, clean, and with the most comfortable bed ever and high thread count on the bedding. We will use the Westin every time from now on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

03-12-13

Ahhhh....Spring Break, at last! The countdown began on January 14, the first day of school. Four on-site Freshman Comp classes, a Distance-Learning class-in-the-works, and essays out the wahzoo have made me one tired teacher. So, what better way to kick off the first part of the break than a camping trip at the Westin Hotel? Yes, you heard me right. Tents and campfires are highly overrated. And, after all, isn't it better to hole up in a four-star hotel than to stay home where dirty dishes distract, rumpled laundry lures, and a feisty Finnish Spitz...well...spits?

My past Westin adventure, in August, led me to Historical Grapevine. However, the plan, this time, was to hang out in my room and bang out my book and even a blog or two. So, after plying my neighbor with wine,chocolate, and Russet, I grabbed laptop and other high-tech addictions, toothbrush, and enough clothing to keep me decent and hit the road.

Hotwire helped. Thanks to their $65-a-night rates, I was able to return to my favorite perch. As if last my August experience was as good as any could get, this time was even better. The nice folks at the Westin did not disappoint. I had already registered with SPG ("alphabet-soup-speak" for Starwood Preferred Guest) in August. Thanks to Janina, at the front desk, I stayed on a peaceful Starwood-Preferred floor. And, this time, the fridge was built into the dresser. Soon after I requested a microwave for my popcorn, a young man delivered it within minutes. To complete the better-than-home feeling, there was even an armchair and ottoman. Now, I could write with my feet up. Wasn't that how all literary giants churned out their works?

Next, the food. I already knew the cuisine Blue Fire Grille was scrumptious. The Texas Dip, their spin on the French Dip, surpassed mere deliciousness. Prime rib stacked high and thick on a toasted roll and served with au jus and homemade potato chips with chipotle ranch dip and washed down with Merlot that Liam delivered to my table had me doing my shopping-cart dance in no time.

Tomorrow, I will pack up and say "See-you-later" to Janina and Lisa at the front desk and Liam at Blue Fire Grille. Shoot, I might even swing by Grapevine to buy my neighbor an extra gift and say "Hi" to the locals. Either way, I have proven to myself that the DFW Airport Westin is my favorite campground, ever

Room Tip: Become a Starwoood Preferred Guest. Sign-up is free!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms that are nicely appointed, friendly staff, and close proximity to the airport. Can't go wrong!
Breakfast buffet was decent, more than what you typically see in this class of hotel, again, with great friendly service. Staff seemed very happy unlike other hotels where they sport the fake smile around the clock in front of hotel guests. Great place to stay if you're looking for something nice and close to the airport

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!