“This should not be considered a Westin Property!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 76 hotels in Irving
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This should not be considered a Westin Property!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I were in Dallas over the Thanksgiving holiday and stayed at the Westin DFW Airport location. I will not stay and this hotel again and recommend that you reconsider if you are planning a stay. This particular property should not be considered a Westin; it is not the typical Westin standard on any level.
The rooms are dark and smelly and the furnishing is in poor condition. Paint and wallpaper are peeling off the walls in both the main areas and the bathrooms.
We were upgraded because of several unfortunate mistakes during our first night’s stay (one of 2 nights). The room itself had a bad odor and overlooks a Denny’s and a local main highway! Upon our return for the evening we noted that the hotel (on an off weekend) had limited parking. That is because THEY OFFER LONG TERM PARKING FOR THE AIRPORT! The Westin!!!! We were paying guest and could not find a parking space valet or otherwise and parking is $16 to self park.
Needless to say we were offered upgraded accommodations, the junior suite. The room was just as filthy and smelly as the room we left, the shower would not work, and most importantly...THE BED WAS NOT HEAVENLY!!!! Never again.
Breakfast was adequate, again nothing significant. I would not recommend this hotel. Depending on your expectations, you will likely be most disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I do apologize for what was obviously not our best effort. We take great pride in knowing that the vast majority of our guests leave our hotel 100% satisfied and I apologize that we missed the mark in your case. We take feedback like this very seriously and work to ensure that these types of events are not repeated for the next guest. Thank you again and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to regain your trust the next time your travels bring you to the DFW area. I am sure that you would find that this was the exception not the rule.
Thank you for you feedback. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for this experience in our hotel. Our staff of dedicated hospitality professionals works hard each and every day to ensure that the guest experience in our hotel is a refreshing and renewing one. Clearly we disappointed in your instance. As this is certainly not the standard in which we have set or aspire to exceed I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. You have my commitment that you will not find this type of condition should you allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

465 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night to attend a Cowboy's game. Not as close to stadium as I thought, but definitely doable ($50 cab ride). Room was very nice and comfy. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful!! The omelet chef was so nice!! Great hotel if you need to stay close to airport area. If going to stadium or local sights, a rental car is a must!

• Stayed December 2012
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I spent a week there on business recently, including business meetings with catered lunches. The food was surprisingly good - much better than I expected for a hotel/conference room set up. Breakfasts in the dining room were very fast, with custom eggs and waffles, and a large variety of offerings. Room service was fast and accurate.

The staff was consistently pleasant. I was able to get restaurant recommendations and directions for evening meals very easily. I got quick service whenever I had a request.

My room was clean and comfortable. The faucet in the shower is a little tricky - you get some water simply by truning it, but for full pressure, you must pull out. It took me a couple of days to realize this, which meant I had 2 showers with cruddy water pressure.

Valet parking is available, and the parking lot is set up to make you think this is the only option. Off the highway, you can only enter the parking lot in one way, and the only way past is thru valet parking. Just ignore them and drive thru to the lot.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the third floor in the front of the hotel - noise from the bar and from people...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Westin DFW for 8 months from January 2012 - August 2012 for business. I have stayed at dozens of hotels across the country, but this hotel was the most pleasant experience I have ever had. I am a consultant who had a project in the DFW area and I actually looked forward to travelling to Dallas every week because of this hotel.

This hotel has all of the amenities that a Westin has (and more), but the staff is incredible. They take a keen interest in serving the needs of their guests. Examples of this are endless. I have several dietary restrictions, for instance, and the staff would go out of their way to prepare something off their menu at the restaurant or for room service regularly. I also preferred staying in a particular room and the staff was always accommodating enough to place me in the same room every week. Throughout my eight month stay, I accidentally left many possessions at the hotel a couple of times. From my iPad and my house keys to clothes, the staff took great care of my belongings and I never had to worry about losing anything.

You might be thinking that they took care of me so well because of the length of my stay. However, I was part of a project with 50 colleagues and we all have had similar experiences at the Westin regardless of how many nights we stayed. I had the best sleep ever and woke up fully refreshed every morning. The main thing I look for is convenience when travelling for work and the hotel made my life so much easier. I also tried different hotels in the area for a few nights here and there, but I always regretted it in the end. Other hotels such as the Marriott, Hilton and even the W in downtown do not compare. I felt truly at home here.

This hotel is truly amazing and I would certainly recommend staying here whether you are travelling for business or pleasure. The Manager, Laura Garland, is wonderful along with the rest of the staff. I have very rarely come across such levels of hospitality and will definitely stay here again on my next trip!

Room Tip: The Westin DFW has "Workout Rooms" which are rooms with gym equipment (treadmill and a set...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Had the worst night of sleep ever in Room 813. I was woken up at 5 in the morning to what must have been drilling and laying down the Keystone pipeline on the 8th floor right outside my room. The loud, jarring vibrated throughout the room and lasted for about 20 minutes. At least I will be able to sleep better going forward knowing that gas and oil prices will potentially drop with this infrastructure in place.
In all seriousness, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and nice. I did complain about the unexpected disturbance to the front desk and they gave me some points to my rewards card. The staff were very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I regret to hear that your experience in our hotel was not up to your standards. We take great pride in knowing that the most of our guests leave rested and replenished. It is important to us that our guests sleep well in our Westin Heavenly beds. Although, I am a little surprised about your comments regarding noise I do see how that would make for a restless nights sleep. I will work with my team to address any acute noise issue that may exist. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Baytown, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

That sums it up. It is not special with special rooms or great employees or a fantastic restaurant. It is an airport hotel where people are normally stuck or there for a meeting. Average is an excellent word. It was clean, with food,drinks, and a shuttle to the airport. Average. The above average hotel at DFW is the new Hyatt. It could pass for a resort hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a lot of options in the area on Hotels.com and chose the Westin because we love Starwood properties! Worst decision ever!!! Pool was not heated which was one of the reasons we chose this location. Staff was not good, my husband pulled a long hair out of his scrambled eggs from the buffet, the valet challenged us about a parking spot and the employee working the Starbucks counter was not trained!!! We had to throw our drinks away!!! Overall the beds and shower were great, but I would never return to this location!!!! It made me feel less confident in Westin as a brand!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate the time you have taken to recount your experience with us. I can assure you that we have fixed the pool heater and adressed the service failures. As these are isolated incidents we do appreciate it when our guests let us know so that we may follow up and prevent the inconvenience for future guests. Thank you for choosing Westin and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!