“The bed makes it worth it!!! :o)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Houston, Texas
“The bed makes it worth it!!! :o)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this place during the Red River Rivalry because everything close to the Cotton Bowl was outrageously priced. To be honest, it's not too far from downtown Dallas, so that wasn't a big inconvenience. One bad thing, and maybe it's just clueless me, but it's HARD TO FIND! Dallas is not the best in signage and for some reason even my GPS kept me going in circles! But eventually I got there. Be warned, it's in the middle of nowhere, but Southlake is nearby and there are plenty of places to eat there. Overall, the place is nice, the people are friendly and helpful, and the rooms are quite nice and comfortable. I'm a stickler for bathrooms, and this one was very clean and updated. The shower was glorious!! And last but not least, THE BED!! It was EXTREMELY, PAINFULLY comfortable!! I say painfully because it made us late for everything! :o) Pillows were comfy, too! Overall, this is definitely just a place to sleep, but a very nice pleasant place to lay your head and relax.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. We came to see Dallas play. This hotel is okay, but there are a couple of things that they could make it a better. We were on the 6th floor, room 638, and surprisingly, there's no refigerator and microwave in the room! For a hotel this size, they should have one. Next, there's no fan in the bathroom. Are you kidding me? But yes, no fan..
On the positive note, they serve a good breakfast (buffet). Also, if you plan on doing something else, this hotel is a little far from tourist attractions. So there, if you need a place close to the airport, they have a shuttle that takes you to the airport and picks you up 24hrs and this placd may be for you.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here with my sister in August 2012. Overall, I didn't have any complaints about the room. The bed was clean and very comfortable. They also have very nice toiletries and complimentary Starbucks coffee to go with the in-room coffee maker. The room was kept very cool and at a nice temperature even though it was blistering hot outside (the windows were tinted and shaded quite well). The size of the room was standard-your two beds facing the TV. There is a good desk to work from as well if you are a business traveler like my sister. I would have liked it better if there was a minifridge. There was definitely room for it under the TV in the cupboard, but for some reason it was locked. E

The hotel has a reasonable outdoor pool if you don't mind having a view of highways and the airport when you looked over the ledge. I thought it was cool watching planes fly overhead from time to time, although some may find it noisy (note the noise was not a factor inside the hotel). The gym was decent as well. There were multiple cardio equipment as well as weights. The only downside was that there was no AC-just a fan blowing warmish air around. Maybe a money-saving measure since it wasn't being used a lot during that time?

The staff were friendly and professional. No issues here. Onsite, there is a snack shop and a restaurant, but the snack bar is very overpriced.

I would recommend having a car if you stay here as there is NOTHING within walking distance except a Valero gas station and a Denny's. The hotel does offer complimentary shuttle service to Grapevine Mills Mall, but that it HIGHLY dependent upon their staffing levels-so no guarantee they will take you when you want them to. I did use the shuttle to get to Grapevine Mills and they picked me up on time (thanks Americo!) once they finally agreed to take me there on a Tuesday morning.

Another tip: taxi drivers appear to be scammers here. They will try to get you to pay cash (like tell a sob story about how they don't get reimbursed for a month). This was a case with several cabbieswe came across. Super annoying. I would make it clear that you are paying with credit card at the start or have the hotel staff make this clear. Be aware of the cabbie that has the long hair and mustache. He will try to guilt you into paying cash and he often picks up guests outside this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am glad that you were able to utitlize so many areas of the hotel and that you were please with your stay. Thank you for sharing the information on the cab services. I will follow up with my contact at the cab company and ensure that this does not continue. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to DFW, you will be out guest again.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a fine hotel however it is so isolated from everything. Enjoy Dennys across the taps.
Nice workout facility and roof pool. The beds are very comfortable. The lounge and food was great! Very helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

very nice hotel clean room friendly staff. close to Grapevine,TX where we did some dining and shopping. excellent deal on room on Hotwire. away from the busy city and construction noise. Although near the airport not a lot of plane departing and arriving distractions. Good parking

• Stayed June 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We recently wanted to take a quick 'stay-cation' in Dallas and found a good deal on this hotel at a rate we could not pass up. Because we had received such a competitive rate on the room, the last thing that my wife and I expected was any sort of preferential treatment. So when we were checking in, we were floored with how the front desk--ESPECIALLY Christine--treated us with such individual and hospitable service. All I can say is wow, we have not received that kind of attention at 5 star international resorts. Christine and staff relocted us to another room and made sure that we felt welcomed and valued. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Even though this is located next to the Airport, we carely heard the air traffic and had a great night sleep. By the way--the beds are terrific!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The saff was very friendly and accommodating. I love that they serve Starbucks products both in the room and in the lobby. Rooms were spotless and very quiet. Did not order room service, but the breakfast we had here was nice. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!