“Not bad for the time we stayed” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Brookings, South Dakota
“Not bad for the time we stayed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We wound up staying at the Dallas Fort Worth Westin as a result of a scheduled overnight flight layover. We arrived in Dallas early evening and found the 24 hour Westin shuttle service a relatively quick and easy way to get to the hotel. The driver was friendly and quick to point out good places to eat; his recomendations did not include the hotel restaurant. We arrived and were quickly checked in. We found the room to be clean and comfortable... and for the most part it was quiet (during our stay, there were two planes that quite litterally buzzed the rooftop of the hotel). We did not use the hotel restaurant, the fitness center or the open rooftop pool, but we did "check them out." All seemed very nice. They even had a direct terminal kiosk for guests to print out their bording passes for their next flight (very convenient). The hotel was nice... I'd stay again. The only real issue we had was the shuttle ride back to the airport the next morning. We felt we were catching a shuttle ride well in advance of our flight... but the shuttle ran late, it was a crowded ride, and the terminal we needed happened to be the last stop. With that said... my only advice is for those whoe need to get to the airport to catch a flight out... ... leave the hotel when you need to, but use a taxi to get back instead of the shuttle bus. Taxi's sit right outside the hotel... there's no wiat and it's your personal ride right to the terminal you need with no hassle.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinGM1, Front Office Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Glad to hear that majority of your stay was a positive experience. It is unfortunate that upon your departure there was an issue with our hotel shuttle. Our shuttle does experience high levels of guest during early morning departures, your comment will help management for future situations. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Member2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I recently stayed in the Westin during a search of a new home due to a job relocation. After a hectic trip there, which took over an hour due to the car rental inputting the hotel address wrong in the Gps system. I encountered Christine Wytman and Bradley wolf at the check in desk. Christine noticing the stress on my face greeted me with the warmest hello and sincerest "don't worry we will take care of you" that I have relieved at any hotel Imhave stayed in. THe professionalism and courtesy were outstanding. So I thank you Christine and Bradley for going the extra mile and giving me a reason to come back to the Westin. You turned my overnight stay into a beautiful experience.You Rock!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding some of our hotel employees. It’s always nice to hear about how our employees turned a hectic situation into a great stay for a valued guest. Thank you for taking the time to recognize star associates during your stay.
kinross
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I got this hotel through hotwire. It said it had free parking but it doesn't Its $8 per car. But if you just drive past the man on the stand and park at the back of the hotel like we did you won't be charged. The rooms are okay depending on where you are put, we were originally put in a horrible, small, dark room on the second floor near the noisy reception. We asked to be moved and they moved us to a bigger room over looking the airport which was nice and bright. You do hear airport noise though. There is also an extra charge for internet and for breakfast (which is very expensive). We used the pool, the spa was out of order. The pool is looking a little run down and had a few flies and what looked like plasters lying on the surface, yuk! When it came to check out the woman at the desk was so rude, she didn't even look me in the eye and when I asked what she ment by her question she treated me like I was stupid, it is not my fault we have different meanings for words in the UK than the US, seriously you are next to an airport, surely you are used to having international visitors. I think it you were paying normal prices and not top secret hotel prices on hotwire you would be disappointed with this hotel. On a positive note the shower was amazing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your last visit. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We consistently receive high marks from our guests and I regret that you had this type of experience. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide outstanding service that our hotel prides itself on.
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at the Westin before taking an international flight out of DFW. The room was very comfortable and the park and fly program convenient and perfect for our situation.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport Hotel offers amazing customer service starting from the Driver Aze- the first point of contact he exhibit outstanding customer service. The next point of contact was with two excellent front desk staff Christine Wytman and Bradley Wolf. They were extremely professional, greeted you with a smile, and made you feel at home. That why I prefer Starwood Hotels (Westin) excellent service, clean rooms, and overall first class experience. All three deserve a special recognition or reward for outstanding service.
Starwood preferred member,
Ms. Lee

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank for recognizing some of our key employees during your recent stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the near future.
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is the first time in a long time that I experience superb service from a hotel staff; everyone from the shuttle Driver (Aze) to Christine Wytman and Bradley wolf, exhibit outstanding customer service. They unquestionably, created a homey felling upon walking through the door. I am extremely satisfied and feel the need to express this, because far too often outstanding service goes unnoticed. I am certain that the entire staff may exhibit some degree of courtesy and professionalism, but these three went above and beyond.

Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I've spent months of my life at this hotel (mostly around 2005, though I've been going back recently). I'm always impressed with the service. Fitness room is nice. Rooms are aging a bit - popcorn ceilings are a dead give-away. I still stay with them when I can.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
WestinGM1, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Kelly G

Thank you for your loyal patronage of our hotel. It certainly sounds like you have earned to title " Life Long Guest" We appreciate you valuable feedback and will take this into consideration as we assess the planned improvements over the next several years. We are committed to maintaining our physical asset at a level that matches our outstanding service. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!