“Allright!” 3 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4850 West John Carpenter Frwy, Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #17 of 76 Hotels in Irving

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed at this location on 3-9-12 before I flew home for Spring Break and 3-17-12, when I returned. I was trying to find a hotel that #1 was very close to DFW and #2 would allow me to leave my car at their facilities while I was away. So, based on those 2 main criteria, here is what I thought:

Hotel: This is a very, very nice hotel and if I ever have to fly out of DFW, I will stay here. I got in late that night, and the receptionist helped me get settled. It was a very quick and easy process. Since I was traveling solo, I was very pleased with my room. There was enough space and I liked the electronic thermostat. The only thing missing was a mini refrigerator. I ordered dinner on my 3-17-12 stay and didn't have anywhere to put my leftovers which I unfortunately had to throw away. The continental breakfast consists of waffles, cereal, bagels, and muffins. It was good, but I would have loved to see some bacon or sasauge. However, since it was free, I really have no room for complaint. Pets are allowed at this hotel, but luckily there were none on my floor on both visits. There aren't any restaurants near this hotel, so you can either do room service or venture back out to the previous exits before reaching this hotel.

Leaving My Car & Airport Shuttle: If you need to leave your car with LaQuinta to fly out of DFW, you can for $5.00 per day. I ended up paying $30 since I was gone for an entire week. I was informed that DFW charges $19 per day for parking, so I definitely feel like I got a bargain. In addition, I wasn't familiar with all of the parking garages in the area, so it was easier for me to leave me car at this particular LaQuinta. When I returned, my car was in my designated parking spot as I had left it. This hotel has a shuttle service every hour to DFW. As long as you let them know what time you need shuttle service, it will be provided. My driver was Alicia, and she really kept me entertained. Upon returning (for those of you who need to do like I did), you have to call front desk so that the shuttle service will pick you up from the airport. Make sure that you know what terminal you're located at because they'll need this information. I had about a 25 minute wait, but I was immediately taken to the LaQuinta.

Overall, I was very pleased. If you need somewhere to stay and have to fly out of DFW, I would highly recommended this hotel.

Room Tip: Request to be put on a floor/wing that does not have pets.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

I stay at La Quintas a lot for work and for personal travel. This is by far the best La Quinta. Upgraded to a suite, tons of room, great location very nice place. Only negative the smoking outside the conference center was really strong as you walked in the front door.

• Stayed February 2012
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Above average La Quinta hotel with great room. It's on the North end of DFW with numerous hotels at the exit, however, no places to eat unless you go to the Marriott or Westin. We found a nice Texas BBQ place called the Hard Eight about 3 miles from the hotel at the edge of an industrial park.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I actually booked my reservation at a different LQ hotel. However, by fortune, I mis-read my map and ended up at this location,which was very close to the Los Colinas Convention Center. The staff was very helpful in transfering my reservation, and even helpful with working the printer (it ran out of toner in the middle of my printing). The room was clean and quiet, beds were comfortable. Was unable to enjoy the breakfast, but it looked delicious. I am going back to the Convention center at least 2 more times this year and plan on booking at this facility.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed at this location near DFW during a recent business trip. The rooms were spacious for a single person and very clean. In fact, the maid service was excellent always leaving the room just the right temperature and clean after working all day. The hotel offers free continental breakfast each morning. It is the standard fare but beats going out to find a place for breakfast each morning. They have a pool and it looked nice but was a little too chilly outside to use when visiting in Feburary. They have a complimentary business center that is convenient. Definetely worth staying here if you are on business or waiting to take a flight out of DFW..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lawton, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

If you are looking for a good value and nice place to stay for a flight for DFW try this mote.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!