“Will not ever stay at this La Quinta again!!!” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport South / Irving
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4105 West Airport Fwy, Irving, TX 75062   |
Ranked #17 of 76 hotels in Irving
Bixby, Oklahoma
“Will not ever stay at this La Quinta again!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Took the Family on vacation and used the Park and ride Feature which was fine. The problems began when we returned on Saturday Night July 20th. The shuttle picked us up and brought us back to the hotel around 10:00 PM. I had reserved a room with two queen beds two months prior and had the reservation stating so. when we got there they had moved us to a King handicapped room and claimed it was an upgrade? Really? The clerk was very rude and told me "If" they could find a roll away bed they would bring it up to our room. In the meantime, my family of 4 crowded into the room and awaited the arrival of a roll away bed. Over Two hours later the shuttle bus driver that had just came on duty brought us a bed, but it was not a roll away, I am not sure what it was, two twin mattress' strapped together with the sheets thrown in the middle. Mind you this was at 12:30 AM and we had been in the room for over two hours. The overnight staff was very rude and did nothing to remedy my situation. Bottom line, I had reservations for two months and had reservations for a room with two queen beds and got a handicapped King and they called it an upgrade. I don't remember the rude clerks name, but she had the disease that cause you to lose all the pigment around your eyes. She was beyond Rude and I have writtne La Quinta and never got a response!!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay there, lady behind the desk was extremely rude and did nothing to remedy our sit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had one night in Texas on my way from Ecuador to Alaska and thanks to the La Quinta staff and hotel it was an enjoyable experience, the shuttle was fast and on time, both coming and going from the airport. A ride to a nearby restaurant for a Texas steak dinner was provided as well, just as I planned when I made my reservation. A morning swim and some sun started my day as I headed back to Alaska with the on time shuttle back to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Winfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I called ahead and let them know I would be arriving and checking in late due to flight delays. I was told no problem. I arrived after 1 AM and desk clerk was on the phone for 20 minutes giving rate quotes to a caller. Looked up at me once and said,"Just a minute". He finally got done on the phone and got my reservation and asked if I wanted to keep the charge on my discover card. I told him I don't have a Discover card and he said yes I did. I told him to put it on my Visa and he handed me the registration card he had which noted Visa and had my correct information. He looked at it and said "well I thought it said Discover". This guy was out of his mind. In the AM I found there was no shampoo or conditioner in the room. Went to front desk and they found shampoo and then told me they don't supply conditioner. I then told the manager about the night clerk and he said, "wow, that's too bad". I went and packed and then checked out. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Hampton Inn across the highway. Much better hotel, great staff and the same price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Staff was pleasant. Breakfast buffet was OK, but not that extensive. I thought I had lucked out by getting a room at the very end of the hall, but that put my window facing the freeway, so there was a fair bit of noise. Room was clean, but could have used some updating. When I unplugged something from the wall, the entire outlet tried to come with it. Also, the bathtub faucet wouldn't stop dripping.

Overall, it was OK. I guess it's a decent value for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel after returning from a vacation in Aruba. We had parked our car at the hotel since the parking was more economical ($5.00/day) than the parking at DFW. The hotel is very clean and fresh. Breakfast was the typical bright side noted at LQ Inns. It would have been better if it were a hot breakfast. The staff was very helpful and friendly. At check-in, I was upgraded to an executive suite at no charge to the second floor. My desire was a king size room on the first floor but none was available. The Wi-Fi in the room was free and had good strength. The shuttle to and from the airport was very convenient and quick but it runs on hourly intervals. The airport, DFW is about a 20 minutes drive away. The lady, shuttle attendant was very helpful with the luggage. There are some chain restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: The suites are pretty large.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very helpful, facility was nice. Our room was located on the third floor, there was an awful smell in the hall. We stayed for a week, the smell did not improve over the weeks stay. Our room was clean and the odor was not inside the room. We did not report the issue until late in our stay. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. We would stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport South / Irving? Share your experiences!