“great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Tyler, Texas
“great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

the hotel was ok. we were comfortable. what makes this place great is ultimately the staff!! they made sure we had everything we needed. the breakfast was good. i would stay here again! our room has a nice view of the city.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
gmJET, General Manager at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello Thesniki5,

We appreciate your positive comments for our newly renovated DFW Airport Hotel. Since your last visit in February we've received our new atrium lobby furnishings and put the finishing touches on our guest rooms. Our breakfast is better than ever with a recently added omelet station! We look forward to hosting a future stay should your travels return you to the Dallas area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed before and after our last trip. The shuttle driver dropped us at the airport and picked us up after our trip. The hotel is clean and the staff were excellent. It was nice to be able to park our car at the hotel and not have to worry about navigating the airport.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
gmJET, General Manager at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings CM,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Our hotel is indeed a great park and fly arrangement for DFW Airport. We look forward to being your launch pad for your next trip!

Ypsilanti, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton DFW a number of times. The hotel is comfortable and clean. The bed sheets are always fresh and crisp. The front desk clerk, Tara was a joy, she was warm and engaging and provided great customer service. Thank you Tara!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Dlclay1,

Thank you for staying at our Dallas Fort Worth Airport Hotel during your recent visit to the Dallas area. I appreciate your kudos for Tara and be assured I've shared them with her, along with an additional token of appreciation in your name. We hope your travels bring you back to our hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel to Dallas regularly for business and usually stay at this Sheraton or the Westin across the street. The hotel is clean and comfortable (particularly since the renovations) and is a short drive from DFW, making arriving on a late night flight more palatable. Typically, I have a solid stay here but the last time I stayed here, I was on a lower floor and could hear the airplane take-offs, which was a bit disruptive for sleeping. On Monday nights, the hotel offers live music in the restaurant/bar. It can veer to the cheesy side on music choice, but it's fun and a unique element of the hotel that I like.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Good Day Erbit,

Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and our Hotel. Glad to hear you enjoy our live music! We feature different entertainers Mon - Wed and to my knowledge are the only airport hotel featuring live music. It's perfect for unwinding after a long day. Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Upon check-in, I was informed that my hotel room was not available. They were overbooked. They had my confirmation and paid reservation for a 4 night stay. After a long wait, they out us up in a parlor room with a sofa bed. No real bed in the room. I was told that we would be refunded 2 nights of our stay which has not happened over 3 weeks later. I called the front desk in the morning to speak with the manager. He never called me back. I then went to the hotel lobby to resolve again asking for the manager. When the manager finally showed up he criticized me and said that I was just trying to teach my son a lesson. At this point I had it with the management of the hotel. This should never be the way a customer is treated. Not what I would expect from a Sheraton.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Greetings Madljame,

I contacted the third party booker you used to reserve and prepay your stay with us. They told me the credit was issued a few weeks ago and that they would email you a confirmation. As I mentioned in my personal note to you after our meeting in the hotel lobby, there is a proper manner in which to communicate to resolve any issue. I believe that our front desk supervisor handled the situation well the morning after your arrival.

Feel free to contact me directly if more assistance is needed with the credit.

new orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for a small convention for 3 nights and was well pleased with everything. Saw a lot of airport commuters everyday using the hotel's shuttle service also. Rooms were spacious and clean. They did a major upgrade on the entire hotel and although the outside design is a bit dated the inside of the hotel is very nice. The personnel at the bar (especially Joyce) were friendly and accommodating. The bar menu was exceptional. You can't go wrong with the brisket quesadillas. We brought our German Shepard and she was warmly welcomed by all the staff. There are plenty of nice areas around the hotel to relieve your dog. The pool area with a nice seating area is adequate and very clean and well kept. Because of the dog we kept tp the lounge area and did not use the restaurant but if the bar food is any indication, it's great as well. This hotel mainly caters to airport travelers but we had a nice experience here,too.

Room Tip: Jets land close by but our corner room was quiet. The view of the passing jets is interesting.
Green Features: They give you a bit of a rebate if you reuse your towel and don't request a room clean too often. Since most using the hotel are one nighters, its no big deal.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Hello Walker-Roamer,

We appreciate your post on TripAdvisor and your shout out for Joyce! We love to surprise our guests who may not be expecting more than an average airport hotel stay. Glad you enjoyed our renovation, unique food and beverage offerings and friendly team! We hope to see you again should your travels return you to the DFW area.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'd heard good things about the shuttle service at the Sheraton DFW and chose it mainly because of that and because Sheraton is generally a reliable brand. As it happened, not only the shuttle but the rooms and service exceeded expectations. First, the shuttle. It runs every half hour. The driver, Reggie, was extremely pleasant and helpful with all his passengers and I liked that he was there both days of our visit. The front desk clerk was helpful as well, and the room itself was great! I think they must have updated this Sheraton recently because it was very stylish with dark wood, nice lighting and a very, very, comfotable bed. The room was on the club level so we had access to breakfast and snacks. During breakfast, the room was attended by a very nice med student who was welcoming and friendly and seemed to take pride in his work. All the guests seemed very relaxed and at ease, which I suppose is the point of a club room. Our stay was only 1 night, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel a bit longer.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Greetings Annagins,

Thank you for staying at our DFW Airport Hotel and I appreciate you taking time to share your experience. Be assured I've passed along your kudos to Reggie and Steve, along with an additional token of appreciation in your name. We have a great team eager to provide our guests with a comfortable stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards, Jason Tyson

Been to Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!