“Reliable choice near DFW” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #43 of 76 hotels in Irving
Los Angeles, California
“Reliable choice near DFW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a well run hotel who knows who their clientele are. Rooms are clean and desk staff is friendly and welcoming, which all I really want from an airport hotel. Also, I like that in their fitness room the music was not blaring too loudly as it often is at hotels. It's a small thing, but it makes a difference.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to the DFW area.

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

PROs: Comfortable room: spacious seating area and furniture, nice desk and bureau drawers, roomy closet with iron; excellent hot breakfast each day (but same menu every day); free wifi, but apparently available only on the Club Floor.
CONs: Low ceilings on Club Floor; tiny tiny bathroom; poor quality TV picture; pool NOT heated; NO hot tub/spa; NO in-room safe for valuables; NOT enough towels; breakfast room NOT large enough for number of guests on the floor; bed has fitted bottom sheet but NOT fitted mattress cover, so gets lump and messy really fast.

More Details:

As Starwood Owners, my wife and I stayed seven nights at Sheraton DFW using our SPG points. We were booked at the nearby Element (for fewer points per night), but had to add two days to our stay and the Element was full. So was the Westin nearby. So this was our third option, according to the SPG booking line. In hindsight, we should have taken the Sheraton for the two extra nights we needed, and kept the Element reservation for the rest. But who wants to move hotels, mid-stay?!

SPG booked us on Sheraton's Club Floor. We had not stayed at a Sheraton before, so thought this sounded like a more upscale floor. Surprised to find all the ceilings in the halls and in our bathroom were only 7ft. Instead of "club floor," they should rename it THE CAVE!

The biggest negative was the bathroom ... very tiny ... definitely one person. Had to close the door in order to have room to use the toilet, or get in and out of the shower. There was a fire suppression sprinkler located directly above where you stand in front of the mirror. I nearly knocked the thing off when toweling off. Because of the low ceiling, I had to duck down in order to see myself in the mirror, which was always fogged up after showering, due to the poor ventilation fan. In the past, we've had a MUCH BETTER BATHROOM at a Holiday Inn Express!

Since we were expecting kitchenette facilities at the Element, we were disappointed that this Sheraton does not even have a small fridge in our room (something one would expect on a "club floor").

A placard in the room said we would get 500 SPG points for each day we did not require housekeeping. We got a certificate under our door the first night, after that they stopped coming. So did the newspaper. We weren't able to turn down housekeeping very long, as they only provided one of each kind of towel for each of us ... nothing extra.

The pool is a joke, just a small square pond, NOT heated (even though the SPG description for this hotel states "outdoor HEATED pool), and no hot tub/spa. It's located off to the south side with concrete walls on two sides, and spectators from the fitness room on another side. I never saw anyone using it, even though it was 85 degrees each day.

Other reviewers have noted the lack of restaurants nearby. I did not try the hotel restaurant or bar; didn't seem appealing to me. I had to drive about 5-10 mins. to find a Starbucks (just west of Beltline Rd, just south of I-635, behind RaceTrac gas station).

This hotel provides NO airport transportation to Dallas Love Field (only DFW -- and lots of complaints about that service in other reviews here). Seemed odd, since Dallas is Southwest's hometown. Very inconvenient. We had to rely on friends and public transit to get to/from our rental car and Dallas Love Field.

Our room had NO in-room safe (also noted by another reviewer). I found this odd, as every other hotel I have ever stayed at has a small self-serve safe in the closet. Not here. I tried leaving something at the front desk for safekeeping (as encouraged in their guest information booklet). They did NOT give me a claim check of any kind, but when I went to retrieve items at the end of the day, they asked me for the non-existent claim check. It took three staff people to locate my items! I was really worried there for a while.

On the plus side, we did enjoy the free hot breakfast on the Club Floor, sodas and water available throughout the day, and the evening snacks. Our server, BETTY, was fabulous ... always offering to bring coffee and ask if we were doing okay. In fact, hers was the best service we received from anyone during our entire stay.

Unfortunately, the breakfast room is too small to accommodate the many guests using this service, especially on the weekend.

On average, this was about a 3-star experience, at a hotel that charges 4-5 star prices. We will
probably NOT stay at a Sheraton anytime soon, if we can help it.

Room Tip: Stay away from the so-called "Club Floor" if you can ... low ceilings in halls and bathroo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback on your recent stay with us. We truly value our guests' feedback and will review your comments with the rest of our staff in hopes to continually improve your product and services. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Club Lounge and the service you received from Betty. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again next time you are in the DFW area.
Riverside, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located a short distance from DFW. It is one of the few Sheratons that we have been to lately that still has complimentary parking. I was cheerfully greeted by both the bell staff and the desk staff, even though most guests were in suits and I was dressed very casual. I was promptly checked in and offered directions and suggestions for local restaurants. The room was done in standard Sheraton decor and was clean and well maintained. There was no noticeable noise from the airport. I very much appreciated the helpfulness of the check in staff andI would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am please to hear that you enjoyed the Sheraton DFW and were able to take advantage of our convenient location and complimentary parking. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.
Stow, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We reserved this hotel through Travelocity for a four night stay for a football weekend. We were picked up by the shuttle at the airport and traveled a short (10 minutes) time to the hotel.We were greeted nicely upon arrival , given our room and left a cc on file for extras(room already pre-paid). This was really only used for us for sleeping and showering purposes and was just fine-no problems. Room was clean, maid service fine, shuttle service good and just the right distance from AT & T stadium. Had no issues at all with WI-FI. Check out quick and easy. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor- room seemed to have been recently updated- it was nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is my stopover hotel at DFW. I asked for a nice room and got a super corner room on the executive floor. It had windows all the way around and I could lay in bed and watch the planes coming and going. They actually looked kind of like they were heading for my room a few times, LOL... The executive lounge was well stocked and had drinks and snacks available all day long.

The staff at this hotel is what makes it so great. For example this time I needed to mail a postcard and went down to the front desk and asked to buy a stamp. They didn't have any but a lady (I believe named Maria) went and got one from her purse and I practically had to FORCE her to take the money for it! The entire staff I I dealt with were all very positive and upbeat and seem very happy with their jobs.

I'll be back next time I am in town!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback on your recent visit to Sheraton DFW. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Sarasota, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were flying through Dallas with a quick overnight stay and figured the airport hotel would be a good choice. The shuttle picked us up after a 10 minute wait and dropped us at the hotel. We were hoping to find a restaurant within walking distance, but there wasn't anything we were interested in nearby. Room service was very reasonable, so we opted for that. We were on the concierge level and enjoyed the drinks and breakfast. The room was very nice and the staff was helpful - all in all a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your positive review - we truly value our guest feedback! We hope you'll stay with us again soon.
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were here with a group for a conference. The rooms are fine. Common spaces are nice. But so many hotels offer the same thing. Customer service is seriously lacking at this hotel. The shuttle to the airport only leaves at 30 minutes past the hour and on the hour. The shuttle will also not pick anyone up at the rental car facility. So disappointed. We will not be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our complimentary shuttle to be convenient. I will be sure to review your comments with our staff so that we may improve our offerings. I hope you will consider us for a future stay next time you are in the DFW area.

Been to Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!