“Very welcoming and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #43 of 76 hotels in Irving
Hollis, Maine
“Very welcoming and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sheraton DFW in Irving, Texas as part of a homeschooling conference. We enjoyed our stay. The staff was wonderful and gave great service. The hotel is very clean and well-maintained. The conference was full of free kids running around on their own, which I think is a good thing but mainstream society sometimes frowns upon, yet the majority of the staff was great and allowed the kids to be self-sufficient. One thing that I think could be improved upon is the food. We are vegetarians and there weren't enough options for us. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will come back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton DFW. I am delighted to hear that our staff and property exceeded your expectations. We hope you will stay with us again on a future trip.

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Very overpriced for the quality. I have stayed at the Westin chain many times as a Starwood member and always had great customer service but the Sheraton does not. Front desk was extremely rude upon check in-did not even ask to help with bags. Rooms are small and although the bed is comfortable you will not get any sleep because the room insulation is poor at best. For nearly 200 bucks even though it is an airport hotel I would have expected better quality and attention to detail ( stains on sheets bathroom not clean) Stay at the Westin across the street which is much nicer for the same price or save your money and save at a holiday inn because that is exactly what this felt like.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for leaving your feedback on your recent stay. I have shared these issues with our staff in hopes that we can improve the hotel experience for all of our guests. We strive to have great customer service and I apologize that our staff did not meet your expectations. We hope you will give us the opportunity to show you true Texas hospitality on a future trip to DFW.
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The accommodations are very good and clean. The staff is friendly..the bar staff exceptional however the food is a disgrace. Unfortunately in two nights the cook not the chef could not get it right. The management is clearly not concerned with this and if you don't eat here you will be pleaseantly surprised.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mount Vernon, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton DFW for work a couple of weeks back. The front desk staff was efficient; room service was responsive. Other than that, it was a pretty standard roadside business hotel. Nothing special.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Having just come off a stay at the Reston, VA, Sheraton (see my review), I was pleasantly surprised by this iteration of the chain. Its location at the airport (I could watch planes come and go at all hours from my room) would seem no more desirable that Reston, but this was clearly the superior venue. The restaurant was good, the room was large, more up-to-date, and generally more upscale, and the club room (or whatever) offered a much larger selection of food and snacks. The gym facilities were adequate but unremarkable. The bar was nice. Despite the airport location, the room was quiet.

I did have one bad experience, which I believe arose simply from a misunderstanding. Soon after I arrived I asked the concierge about getting to the public transit system, and he breezily dispatched a shuttle driver to take me there, and told me to just call when I wanted to be picked up. When I did so, a different concierge was on duty and I was turned over to the shuttle driver, who first indicated he had no idea what I was talking about and then said that taking people to and from the light rail system was not their job.

In the end he did take me back to the hotel, and I believe in retrospect that the first concierge was more or less making an exception and doing me a favor, so on subsequent days I walked over to a bus stop (in the blazing Texas sun, so I began my day sweaty). Still, it created confusion and annoyance. Most people who stay at this hotel, I imagine, rent a car, but with minimal hassle one can use Dallas's shiny new transit system.

All in all, though, this was a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: I recommend paying whatever extra you need to get access to the club room, or whatever they call it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we truly value our guests' opinions and have shared your comments with our staff. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to the DFW area.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Was there for work couple of weeks ago. seemed like a good choice, close to airport close to office. Room, lobby, Services, all ok. pool was really small and very plain. They had room for hot tub or something else to make it so much more enjoyable. Service was good. Was nice to have a decent bar/restaurant all in hotel. I would stay again and price was very reasonable for the location and area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We truly value our guest feedback and will be sure to share your comments with the entire team.
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I took my 10 year old grandson on a "grandma Adventure" to TX. We stayed at the Sheraton and were so happy to have them pick us up at the airport even though our plane was very late. The check in was easy and we were afforded special amenities...preferred floor, preferred guest breakfasts, and lots of help from all the staff to make our stay a great one. The van driver dropped us at the mall so we could see the Aquarium, and all in all it was a great stay. The beds and pillows were so great...got lots of rest after venturing out all day. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone. Very tourist friendly.

Room Tip: Our room gave us a great view...watched planes come and go...fun for a 10 year old.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!