“DFW Airport Sheraton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 76 hotels in Irving
San Antonio, Texas
“DFW Airport Sheraton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Shuttle from DFW - if you're arriving at Terminal D, there is a courtesy phone to call for the shuttle if needed. Stop Number is not evident, but if you've exited the terminal and gone RIGHT, you are at D1. Left, D40 for the pick up info for calling the hotel. DFW has lots of roadworks going on so allow a little extra time sometimes (still current at May 2013)
Hotel is a couple of minutes ride.

STAFF: They've found a magic pool from which they hire people. NEVER been in a hotel with this calibre of incredible, professional, friendly people. Lots of nice folks around but these guys take the cake.

ROOMS: Excellent quality and ambience particularly for a US Airport hotel
Day rooms also available

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The lobby of the hotel is very nice and new and very inviting. The employees are very nice as well. The rooms are comfortable, and everything is functional. However, the guest floors and rooms are very dated. The doors on the guest floors are just crazy from the 70s. The only significant issue I had with the room is that there is no place to plug in a computer or other other devices. I had to crawl under the desk and unplug the coffee maker so I could plug in my computer. I had to plug in my iphone in the bathroom. This hotel needs to be updated a little for the average business traveler.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We truly value the opinions of our guests and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After a cancelled flight, I was glad to find the Sheraton and its great staff. I was also happy to have a clean, comfortable room, and that the bar/ room service was open late.

Was particularly impressed with Madhuri, great service all around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in January for work and I have to say overall it's pretty good. The front desk was receptive and the location is good. It did take a while to get from the airport to the hotel as the driver had to make many rounds but it's nice that it's free. When I checked in my room I was a tad disappointed as their was a hair in the shower and the bathroom fan was SO LOUD I had to call down and have them turn it off. Then when I took a shower it was steamy because the fan wasn't on...The TV also lacks a lot of channels which may not bug some people. I will say where the hotel was outstanding was the food. I ate in the restaurant which was pretty good but the room service was just outstanding - everything I ordered. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on our hotel. We truly value our guests' comments. I'm pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle. I will be sure to share with the team how much you enjoyed the food from One 14 Restaurant & Wine Cellar as well as room service. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've stayed here a lot. The rooms are clean and comfy. Sometimes (depending on the location) you hear the massiv A/C unit outside.
The staff in the bar was friendly and mixed some vicious margaritas! The beds are very comfy, pool area minimalistic.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of our hotel and am glad to hear you enjoyed our bar, One 14 Connection, and our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. I hope you will stay with us again on a future visit to the DFW area.
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel its self was average, with only one restaurant and one cafe. I was there on a business trip so I didn't have much choice, but I would stay there again if needed. The best part of the hotel was how comfortable the beds were. It was the most comfortable bed I have had in a while.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, it really is the most comfortable bed in the world! I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to the DFW area.
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I can tell you that Dallas is not exactly one of my favorite cities to travel to...usually because of delays and bad hotels. I can assure you that this Sheraton proved me wrong. I arrived late and they treated me like they knew me from years ago...which doesn't happen in all hotels. I know SPG always asks if I felt like I was treated like "family" and in this instance, I would have to agree. My check in took 2 minutes and I was off to my spacious room on the Club Level. Complimentary bottled water, robes, and the heavenly bed...who could ask for anything else. In the morning, I headed to the lounge and upon stepping in the hallway, was happily greeted with a "good morning" from the housekeeping staff. I have to say, I have stayed in a lot of SPG properties..(Platinum for life) and this lounge was one of the best. They had a spread which included eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, pastries,etc...I was so impressed with the staff as well. They waited on guests for their every need. They even got my bagel for me when it was done in the toaster ( I did not expect that so Kudos!). Late checkout was no problem and when I did check out, the staff thanked me numerous times for my business. The staff even helped hold the door so I could wheel my luggage out. This Sheraton should be recognized by Starwood for their commitment to service and getting it right...and by the way...could not beat the price either!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank your for your great review of our property, we truly value our guests' feedback. I am happy you were able to take advantage of our Club Lounge as we feel it is one of our best selling features. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Been to Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!