“Always enjoy staying here” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #40 of 77 hotels in Irving
Germany
“Always enjoy staying here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've stayed here a lot. The rooms are clean and comfy. Sometimes (depending on the location) you hear the massiv A/C unit outside.
The staff in the bar was friendly and mixed some vicious margaritas! The beds are very comfy, pool area minimalistic.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel and am glad to hear you enjoyed our bar, One 14 Connection, and our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. I hope you will stay with us again on a future visit to the DFW area.

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel its self was average, with only one restaurant and one cafe. I was there on a business trip so I didn't have much choice, but I would stay there again if needed. The best part of the hotel was how comfortable the beds were. It was the most comfortable bed I have had in a while.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, it really is the most comfortable bed in the world! I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to the DFW area.
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I can tell you that Dallas is not exactly one of my favorite cities to travel to...usually because of delays and bad hotels. I can assure you that this Sheraton proved me wrong. I arrived late and they treated me like they knew me from years ago...which doesn't happen in all hotels. I know SPG always asks if I felt like I was treated like "family" and in this instance, I would have to agree. My check in took 2 minutes and I was off to my spacious room on the Club Level. Complimentary bottled water, robes, and the heavenly bed...who could ask for anything else. In the morning, I headed to the lounge and upon stepping in the hallway, was happily greeted with a "good morning" from the housekeeping staff. I have to say, I have stayed in a lot of SPG properties..(Platinum for life) and this lounge was one of the best. They had a spread which included eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, pastries,etc...I was so impressed with the staff as well. They waited on guests for their every need. They even got my bagel for me when it was done in the toaster ( I did not expect that so Kudos!). Late checkout was no problem and when I did check out, the staff thanked me numerous times for my business. The staff even helped hold the door so I could wheel my luggage out. This Sheraton should be recognized by Starwood for their commitment to service and getting it right...and by the way...could not beat the price either!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank your for your great review of our property, we truly value our guests' feedback. I am happy you were able to take advantage of our Club Lounge as we feel it is one of our best selling features. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel is in a terrible location, there is nothing nearby for visitors to do or walk to. The food is totally subpar, powdered eggs in this day and age? Plus they gave me a room next to the elevator shaft (the place was sold out) and I didn't sleep a wink. Talked to the management about throwing me a bone on the room rate and they were unsympathetic. One more reason to stay with Marriott.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for reviewing you stay at the Sheraton DFW. We are truly sorry that your stay did not exceed your expectations - that this is not how we wish for our guests to feel. We believe that our location with complimentary shuttle service to/from DFW airport is convenient for any traveler. Our shuttle service can also provide transportation to nearby restaurants/shopping for a small fee and our front desk staff would have been happy to arrange that for you. If given the opportunity, we would love to have you stay with us again.
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

01-07-13

It's that time of year, again. Feeling spring semester's breath hot on my neck, I have been flirting with the idea of a last-minute writing retreat/"vacay". So, as a Christmas gift to self, I went on Hotwire, narrowed my search to four-star hotels in DFW and up she popped: $61/night at theSheraton Hotel DFW Airport, in Irving, Texas. Calling the experience merely "pleasant" would be a gross injustice. The Sheraton's convenient location, obliging staff, spacious but cozy room, level of security, and access to the Club have turned me into one four-star happy camper.

First, location, location, location. After I got all turned around while looking for the Westin Hotel, last August, I expected the same hassle, if not worse, with finding the Sheraton. After all, the Google maps app usually leads me to California by way of Illinois. Remembering my frustration in looking for the Westin, last August, I headed north on Highway 360 to 121 to 114 East. When I exited at Esters Boulevard -- BOOM-- there stood the Sheraton, on my left. Within seconds, I pulled into the parking lot, sanity still intact.. Total time between Points A and B: thirty minutes with no "goof-ups" turn-arounds. Not too shabby, huh?

When I revolved into the lobby, John ( front desk clerk) and Martin ( valet) greeted me as though I were visiting royalty. Besides for upgrading my stay to include Club access, John offered me the latest Tuesday checkout time, 2:00 p.m. Traveling fairly light, this time, I still had more "schtuff" than I could carry in, so Martin loaded my backpack, computer bag, and travel kit onto a valet cart and delivered it to my spacious room.

When I returned to my room to write the night away, I began my relaxing evening with a hot, luxurious shower and, afterwards, wrapped up in a thirsty terry-cloth robe, furnished by the hotel. After my brain hit a wall, I collapsed into. the signature "Sweet Sleeper" king-sized bed. Within minutes, I was down for the count. This morning, before breakfast, I fixed myself a perfect cup of steaming coffee from the single-cup coffee-maker.

Sheraton issues card-keys not only for entering rooms, but also for riding the elevator up to guest-room floors. I learned that the hard way, yesterday, when I stepped onto the elevator going up. And waited. And waited. *twiddling thumbs*. I was about to report a malfunction when a woman from Housekeeping showed me how to scan my card and punch in my floor number Before I knew it, my ears popped and ding! I was "home".

While access to the Club is normally restricted to guests with platinum membership, I have been able to take advantage of its privileges. Yesterday, after settling in and spritzing up, I toted my laptop to the twelfth floor where the Club's gracious host, Harriet, offered me a Coke while I awaited time for the appetizers. Usually eating light at night, anyway, I found the appetizers -- flautas, chips and salsa, and sliced tomatoes with provolone cheese -- a perfect evening meal. This morning, I enjoyed a breakfast of fluffy scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, and an English muffin with orange marmalade. Tonight's menu: quartered ham-and-cheese sandwiches, sea-salt potato chips, an assortment of cheeses and fresh fruit. The Club also offers wine, beer, sodas, and that all-time quencher, water, at no cost to Club members.

Sad to say, tomorrow is my last day here at the Sheraton, but it will not be good-bye forever. There's always Spring Break, next summer, Christmas vacation....maybe, some day, a honeymoon?

Coming up in the next entry: my return to Historical Grapevine.

Stay tuned!

Room Tip: Sigh up for Starwood Preferred Guest.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your pleasant comments about our hotel. We are glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We believe that our Club Lounge is one of our best selling features and we are happy you were able to experience it. I will be sure to share your positive comments with our staff. We hope to welcome you again next time you get away to Dallas.
Gurgaon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay here for just one day, before catching a flight back home from DFW. The hotel in itself is nice, but their front desk staff is rude, at least ones that I had to speak with. The lady that checked me in, did not say a word, let alone smile, after asking my last name and before handing me the keys. She walked away, and I had to ask the other person if the hotel has wifi. All he said was 'it's $9.99 a day'. Only after I mentioned that it should be free for me, he acknowledged and gave me a username password. Again, no smile...as if he is paying for my wifi. The lady at the bar was nice though, very cheerful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that our staff did not live up to your expectations. Please know that this is unacceptable and will be addressed with our entire team. We strive to provide excellent service and hope that will will be able to prove that to you on a future stay.
Greater Lansing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here one night on business due to an early morning flight leaving the next day. I've stayed in many airport hotels and the pleasant surprise here was the lack of exterior noise, whether from freeways or aircraft. The lobby area was clean and updated, with the "Link" area I love for the internet service and boarding pass printing. Guest room was clean and comfortable. I did not have a car so I ate in the hotel restaurant, which was also very good with quality food and friendly service. Finally, the complimentary shuttle bus service departed on time and quickly covered all of the DFW terminals, even though passengers on board needed to stop at 4 of the 5 terminals for drop-off. I would definitely recommend this property to others needing accommodations convenient to the airport.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Been to Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!