“A decent property close to the airport.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #43 of 76 Hotels in Irving
New York City, New York
“A decent property close to the airport.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The place was okay with really tiny rooms but I got fortunate with my stay since I got a nasty and rude front desk representative named Jeff. Upon check in and reaching my room I realised the room was as depressing as was Jeff downstairs who checked me in. So i called up and spoke with Jamie a supervisor and she gave me a really good room which helped me stay in the room at peace. The bar is amazing with this great bar tender and his helper.

Room Tip: Speak with Jamie and try and get a room on the higher floor to get a better view of the area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JPeets, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that Jamie was able to help make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

It's an airport hotel. Nothing more nothing less. The staff was friendly but mostly indifferent. Rooms are good and beds comfortable. I asked at 6am if I could get coffee somewhere and was told I'd have to wait for the restaurant to open at 7am. Really?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here for a quick one night stop in between flights. We are SPG members and were placed on the SPG floor. I kid you not this was the nicest Sheraton we have ever stayed at. We had 2 connecting rooms. Both were furnished beautifully and the beds were beyond comfortable. If I didn't know better I would've thought that I was staying at the Ritz. We had just spent a week in the Atlantis in the Bahamas where the beds were hard as a rock. These heavenly beds were much appreciated after a restless week. Staff was also GREAT!

Room Tip: If you are an SPG member ask for the SPG floor!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

You probably wouldn't book this as a vacation room. It's near the airport and very little else, but if you get stuck, it's a great

My flight into OKC was delayed and my girlfriend and I got stuck in Dallas. We had to use points to stay at this hotel for the night. We got in late, but the staff was very accommodating. When we woke the next morning they had a great breakfast. We didn’t get much time there, but the time we did spend there was fantastic.

Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I normally stay at Marriott or Hyatt properties, but I got a good rate for this hotel that was too good to pass up so I booked a two night stay for Dec 20-22.

I arrived around 2pm and was able to check in as my room was already available. Check in was fast and efficient and only took about 2 min. They young woman was very friendly and was able to answer a few questions I had. We were given a room on the 9th floor and I noticed when I got off the elevator there was a sign that stated it was a SPG floor. I am a SPG member but hold no status whatsoever. Room was very clean and modern. Flat screen TV's and a coffee/tea maker. No fridge or microwave. Complimentary water bottles on the desk and near the ice bucket. Bathroom was very clean with plenty of towels. Water was hot but the pressure in our shower was lacking somewhat. One thing I found odd was the toilet paper holder is under the sink and it is kind of hard to reach. Not a deal breaker of course, but just an odd place for it. Beds are super comfortable with nice, clean bedding--all in white. Temp is our room was hard to control. It was either too cold or too warm but atleast it was quiet and didn't make any noise. Housekeeping serviced the room but didn't leave enough towels for three ppl. They only replenished the bath towels not the hand or wash clothes. Those were taken but not replenished. Not sure why. Everything else in the room was taken care of properly. TV channels are kind of limited and the wi fi in my room never seemed to work all that well. And or 9.95 a day it should work alot better.

We had breakfast in the restaurant on Friday morning. Staff was friendly and efficient.The breakfast buffet was 13.50 per person drink included. Everything was fresh and tasted really good. Hot items, cold items, pasteries, fruit, oatmeal with toppings and cereal. I believe there is a Starbucks as well in the lobby.

Hotel was tastefully decorated for the holidays and the staff meets requests with a "sure, no problem" attitude. The staff seem to like their jobs and it shows in the service.

My only issue was the luggage carts. When we arrived, I loaded up all our stuff on the cart and took it upstairs with no problem. Upon departure on Saturday, I was told I was not allowed to take the cart myself and was stopped from taking it upstairs by the valet/attendant. A minor annoyance but I felt it was another way to part with more money by having to tip the attendant for something I am more than capable of doing myself.

This is an older Sheraton and does need some updating but I didn't feel it was outdated. The room did feel small for three people especially if you are traveling with alot of luggage. Parking is free and there is a shuttle to the airport. If are traveling by car, turn to right on Esters. That is the main entrance. There is not a side entrance on the service road of Hwy 114. If you miss it, you will have to get back on 114 and backtrack back to hotel. That is what happened to me.

I would stay again just because the staff made it so pleasant.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a family weekend in Dallas and picked this area to stay. Reservation was through Hotwire.

Service was superb and employees were friendly. Our room was clean and beds were comfortable. The hotel is showing a bit of it's age, but overall it is nice. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight to attend a birthday party pub-crawl in Grapevine and did a 'cheapie booking website' and scored a great deal on this hotel. We arrived around 4:30pm, had a smooth, no waiting check in and even scored a ride for $10 on the Sheraton Shuttle to a hotel in Grapevine to meet our group.

The room was clean, spacious and the bed was very comfy. We forgot a razor, so we called and they sent one up in the middle of the night for us - poor security guard who had to deliver it!

Breakfast via room service (ordered on the door tag) was bacon/sausage and eggs, crispy cubed potatoes, toast, coffee and all of the fixings. Great breakfast meats - bacon was good and cooked perfectly and the sausage links were plump and very tasty. Eggs (over medium and scrambled) were cooked to order and served hot. Paid about $41 including gratuity but it sure was nice eating in our room - a rare treat.

If we had a similar event, I'm sure we'd choose this hotel again just based on the friendly staff and 'can do' attitudes they showed us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!