“For an airport hotel, very nice and staff was super friendly.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #40 of 77 hotels in Irving
San Diego, California
“For an airport hotel, very nice and staff was super friendly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

You probably wouldn't book this as a vacation room. It's near the airport and very little else, but if you get stuck, it's a great

My flight into OKC was delayed and my girlfriend and I got stuck in Dallas. We had to use points to stay at this hotel for the night. We got in late, but the staff was very accommodating. When we woke the next morning they had a great breakfast. We didn’t get much time there, but the time we did spend there was fantastic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I normally stay at Marriott or Hyatt properties, but I got a good rate for this hotel that was too good to pass up so I booked a two night stay for Dec 20-22.

I arrived around 2pm and was able to check in as my room was already available. Check in was fast and efficient and only took about 2 min. They young woman was very friendly and was able to answer a few questions I had. We were given a room on the 9th floor and I noticed when I got off the elevator there was a sign that stated it was a SPG floor. I am a SPG member but hold no status whatsoever. Room was very clean and modern. Flat screen TV's and a coffee/tea maker. No fridge or microwave. Complimentary water bottles on the desk and near the ice bucket. Bathroom was very clean with plenty of towels. Water was hot but the pressure in our shower was lacking somewhat. One thing I found odd was the toilet paper holder is under the sink and it is kind of hard to reach. Not a deal breaker of course, but just an odd place for it. Beds are super comfortable with nice, clean bedding--all in white. Temp is our room was hard to control. It was either too cold or too warm but atleast it was quiet and didn't make any noise. Housekeeping serviced the room but didn't leave enough towels for three ppl. They only replenished the bath towels not the hand or wash clothes. Those were taken but not replenished. Not sure why. Everything else in the room was taken care of properly. TV channels are kind of limited and the wi fi in my room never seemed to work all that well. And or 9.95 a day it should work alot better.

We had breakfast in the restaurant on Friday morning. Staff was friendly and efficient.The breakfast buffet was 13.50 per person drink included. Everything was fresh and tasted really good. Hot items, cold items, pasteries, fruit, oatmeal with toppings and cereal. I believe there is a Starbucks as well in the lobby.

Hotel was tastefully decorated for the holidays and the staff meets requests with a "sure, no problem" attitude. The staff seem to like their jobs and it shows in the service.

My only issue was the luggage carts. When we arrived, I loaded up all our stuff on the cart and took it upstairs with no problem. Upon departure on Saturday, I was told I was not allowed to take the cart myself and was stopped from taking it upstairs by the valet/attendant. A minor annoyance but I felt it was another way to part with more money by having to tip the attendant for something I am more than capable of doing myself.

This is an older Sheraton and does need some updating but I didn't feel it was outdated. The room did feel small for three people especially if you are traveling with alot of luggage. Parking is free and there is a shuttle to the airport. If are traveling by car, turn to right on Esters. That is the main entrance. There is not a side entrance on the service road of Hwy 114. If you miss it, you will have to get back on 114 and backtrack back to hotel. That is what happened to me.

I would stay again just because the staff made it so pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a family weekend in Dallas and picked this area to stay. Reservation was through Hotwire.

Service was superb and employees were friendly. Our room was clean and beds were comfortable. The hotel is showing a bit of it's age, but overall it is nice. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight to attend a birthday party pub-crawl in Grapevine and did a 'cheapie booking website' and scored a great deal on this hotel. We arrived around 4:30pm, had a smooth, no waiting check in and even scored a ride for $10 on the Sheraton Shuttle to a hotel in Grapevine to meet our group.

The room was clean, spacious and the bed was very comfy. We forgot a razor, so we called and they sent one up in the middle of the night for us - poor security guard who had to deliver it!

Breakfast via room service (ordered on the door tag) was bacon/sausage and eggs, crispy cubed potatoes, toast, coffee and all of the fixings. Great breakfast meats - bacon was good and cooked perfectly and the sausage links were plump and very tasty. Eggs (over medium and scrambled) were cooked to order and served hot. Paid about $41 including gratuity but it sure was nice eating in our room - a rare treat.

If we had a similar event, I'm sure we'd choose this hotel again just based on the friendly staff and 'can do' attitudes they showed us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Spicewood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We rarely stay at Sheraton but had a last minute business trip to DFW and picked this up on Hotwire which rates it as 4 stars. I have a bone to pick with Hotwire over the rating but overall I would give the hotel a strong overall 3.5. The mundane entrance is definitely not a contributing factor in that rating but it's tough to beat the free parking. The lobby area is contemporary and upbeat with a very cool coffee shop. While the room was too small to be considered 4 star the bedding was first class and certainly on par with Hyatt or Westin. If fitness facilities are part of your list of hotel must haves then that feature alone may make this hotel your ideal choice. Overlooking what may be the smallest hotel pool
I've ever seen the fitness center is extremely well equipped with state of the art Life Fitness equipment. It easily competes with many 4 and 5 star facilities. While certainly not a resort this Sheraton is a good bet for short stays and a easy ride to DFW.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was probably quite a nice place twenty odd years ago. Now the rooms feel dated. My title basically says it all. If the costs are about the same the Westin a block away strikes me as a much better deal.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I really liked this hotel. It started out great with prompt hotel shuttle and a great driver, Jay. He was so welcoming and refreshing after a long flight. We got room service - for dinner and breakfast - which was fast and delicious and not too outrageously priced. Internet is $10 which is ridiculous. Why charge for this?! No Disney or Nicktoons and I was traveling with my 9 year old so that was the pits. Rooms are clean, location was great, lobby very pretty and super professional staff. Beds were so comfy. Even though it is close to the airport, I never heard one plane.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!