“Great choice for business travel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #40 of 76 hotels in Irving
Spicewood, Texas
“Great choice for business travel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We rarely stay at Sheraton but had a last minute business trip to DFW and picked this up on Hotwire which rates it as 4 stars. I have a bone to pick with Hotwire over the rating but overall I would give the hotel a strong overall 3.5. The mundane entrance is definitely not a contributing factor in that rating but it's tough to beat the free parking. The lobby area is contemporary and upbeat with a very cool coffee shop. While the room was too small to be considered 4 star the bedding was first class and certainly on par with Hyatt or Westin. If fitness facilities are part of your list of hotel must haves then that feature alone may make this hotel your ideal choice. Overlooking what may be the smallest hotel pool
I've ever seen the fitness center is extremely well equipped with state of the art Life Fitness equipment. It easily competes with many 4 and 5 star facilities. While certainly not a resort this Sheraton is a good bet for short stays and a easy ride to DFW.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was probably quite a nice place twenty odd years ago. Now the rooms feel dated. My title basically says it all. If the costs are about the same the Westin a block away strikes me as a much better deal.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I really liked this hotel. It started out great with prompt hotel shuttle and a great driver, Jay. He was so welcoming and refreshing after a long flight. We got room service - for dinner and breakfast - which was fast and delicious and not too outrageously priced. Internet is $10 which is ridiculous. Why charge for this?! No Disney or Nicktoons and I was traveling with my 9 year old so that was the pits. Rooms are clean, location was great, lobby very pretty and super professional staff. Beds were so comfy. Even though it is close to the airport, I never heard one plane.

• Stayed October 2012
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had planned to stay downtown Dallas, but with the state fair and monday night football in town there were no rooms available. I went with the Sheraton DFW and was pleasantly surprised. Airport hotels are hit or miss, but this one is a hit. The staff is extremely nice and very helpful - the rooms have feather pillows and blankets which I am allergic to and the staff immediately changed all the linens when I brought this to their attention. For those who stay in a club room, the staff at the club lounge was also great. The rooms were a nice size and clean. The noise wasn't an issue for me even though my room faced the highway. All in all, I was very happy with this location and would not hesitate to stay again or recommend.

A quick tip: The address of the hotel is a Freeway and my GPS in the rental car took me off the highway and then put me right back on it because the address indicated the hotel was located on the freeway which confused the GPS. The entrance is on Esters, stay on that until you see the hotel entrance... don't get back on the 114!!

Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I should first disclose that I generally am not a fan of Sheratons anyway. This place was average. The rooms were a bit outdated in terms of decor but the lobby was nicely renovated and the club lounge had bottled water and soft drinks available outside the lounge even when closed. The only issue that I would keep in mind is that I could not get a wifi signal in my room (1033 if i recall) which was a corner room at the end of the hallway on the club floor.

There was limited ability for me to fully explore the hotel... I only spent 5-6 hours there due to a late arrival. Based on that limited experience, I would be ok to stay there again though it wouldn't be my top choice and I would inquire about room location to ensure wifi availability.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I usually stay at the Westin on the same street as the Sheraton. But this time I thought I'd give this hotel a try for my annual business trip to Dallas.

The Hotel looks ok, the lobby area is ok, the restaurant and bar area are also ok, the room was ok, but there were some problems during my one night stay. My tub was definitely worn and their was drainage problems when taking a shower. I decided to eat at their restaurant for a Texas steak dinner, but the NY Strip I ordered was tough, under cooked, and not very good. I know now for Steak, you gotta go to a steakhouse. My expectations were too high. On the good side, the bed was very comfortable and the rooms were kept up.

Overall, the hotel was just OK, nothing exciting, and the accomodations would suit most people's needs.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed 3 days for a conference at nearby corporate offices. I don't have any status with Starwood, so mine is the typical non-frequent traveler experience.

Pros. Nice, up to date facility. Friendly staff. Shuttle took us to nearby corporate site. Friendly staff. No parking fee even though near airport.
Cons. Freeway noise after 6am, noise from adjacent rooms. WiFi extra $ (but free in One14 bar on 1st floor). Breakfast buffet not complimentary, cost $14 for the typical eggs, bacon, yogurt, hot/cold cereal spread..

As of Oct 2012 lots of construction on local freeways so getting around can be a challenge with closed exits, detours & congestion.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!