“A good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 76 Hotels in Irving
New York City
“A good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had planned to stay downtown Dallas, but with the state fair and monday night football in town there were no rooms available. I went with the Sheraton DFW and was pleasantly surprised. Airport hotels are hit or miss, but this one is a hit. The staff is extremely nice and very helpful - the rooms have feather pillows and blankets which I am allergic to and the staff immediately changed all the linens when I brought this to their attention. For those who stay in a club room, the staff at the club lounge was also great. The rooms were a nice size and clean. The noise wasn't an issue for me even though my room faced the highway. All in all, I was very happy with this location and would not hesitate to stay again or recommend.

A quick tip: The address of the hotel is a Freeway and my GPS in the rental car took me off the highway and then put me right back on it because the address indicated the hotel was located on the freeway which confused the GPS. The entrance is on Esters, stay on that until you see the hotel entrance... don't get back on the 114!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I should first disclose that I generally am not a fan of Sheratons anyway. This place was average. The rooms were a bit outdated in terms of decor but the lobby was nicely renovated and the club lounge had bottled water and soft drinks available outside the lounge even when closed. The only issue that I would keep in mind is that I could not get a wifi signal in my room (1033 if i recall) which was a corner room at the end of the hallway on the club floor.

There was limited ability for me to fully explore the hotel... I only spent 5-6 hours there due to a late arrival. Based on that limited experience, I would be ok to stay there again though it wouldn't be my top choice and I would inquire about room location to ensure wifi availability.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I usually stay at the Westin on the same street as the Sheraton. But this time I thought I'd give this hotel a try for my annual business trip to Dallas.

The Hotel looks ok, the lobby area is ok, the restaurant and bar area are also ok, the room was ok, but there were some problems during my one night stay. My tub was definitely worn and their was drainage problems when taking a shower. I decided to eat at their restaurant for a Texas steak dinner, but the NY Strip I ordered was tough, under cooked, and not very good. I know now for Steak, you gotta go to a steakhouse. My expectations were too high. On the good side, the bed was very comfortable and the rooms were kept up.

Overall, the hotel was just OK, nothing exciting, and the accomodations would suit most people's needs.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed 3 days for a conference at nearby corporate offices. I don't have any status with Starwood, so mine is the typical non-frequent traveler experience.

Pros. Nice, up to date facility. Friendly staff. Shuttle took us to nearby corporate site. Friendly staff. No parking fee even though near airport.
Cons. Freeway noise after 6am, noise from adjacent rooms. WiFi extra $ (but free in One14 bar on 1st floor). Breakfast buffet not complimentary, cost $14 for the typical eggs, bacon, yogurt, hot/cold cereal spread..

As of Oct 2012 lots of construction on local freeways so getting around can be a challenge with closed exits, detours & congestion.

Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights for a business event in the area, and was pleasantly surprised in just about every aspect. I've definitely had not-so-good Sheraton experiences in the past, and have been Marriott Platinum Elite for 5 years, but it seems like SPG/Sheraton is changing their landscape in the right way. The hotel had a quick shuttle from DFW airport directly to the hotel; very courteous driver. Check-in was smooth and front desk agent was super helpful. The lobby area was great - spacious, lots of seating, a great little cafe (Joyce, the barista, was funny and made one mean latte!), and the on-site restaurant was a reliable choice for breakfast (I didn't have dinner at the hotel).

Room was great for being just a "Standard" king room - Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, big flat-screen TV, very nice desk area and seating, plus bathroom with nice amenities, good lighting and a nice shower. In-room internet was reliable and speedy enough compared to other hotel internet speeds. Big flat-screen TV, but surprisingly few channels.

What really impressed me (again) was this hotel's gym - WOW. If you like to maintain your workout routine while traveling, you will love this gym. Lots of new equipment and machines, nice flooring, bright, and spacious.

I may have to check out SPG properties more often...

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Visited the hotel for a 3 day convention. Very convenient to the airport. The hotel shuttle will take you to local eateries and destinations within a 10 mile radius.
The service at the hotel is similar to what you might find at a 4 star hotel.
The food at the hotel was great unlike other hotels that cater to meetings. The rooms were updated and spacious.
The hotel is within 10 minutes of the DFW Airport and 20 minutes to downtown Grapevine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel primarily for its location near the airport and a corporate office also located in Iriving for 6 days. Having been a Starwood platinum member, but now downgraded to gold since I don't travel as much, it was nice to find a hotel you did not have to make excuses for. While this hotel is near the airport, I could not hear the planes and only realized how close it was when I opened my window and saw the airplane parking across a field. Their Starwood club level breakfast and evening hor d'oeuvres are what you expect; not a full meal but will work for those last night when you don't want to go out. The restaurant in the hotel seems nice but I did not eat there. I had room service once and it was good. Room service cheesecake was better than expected. The rooms were nice and met my expectations. I felt it was a bit overpriced but compared with other hotels in the DFW airport, it seemed on par.

As with most Sheraton hotels, you can opt to skip room service for a night for 500 Starwood points. I did this every other day. However, when I went out, I was told I could only redeemed 3 of these per stay which I found odd because I have done more than that at other Sheratons.

What sets this hotel apart, in my mind, is their shuttle. The shuttle took me to my meetings every day and picked me up. It was never late and the drivers were always helpful in getting me to other places or providing advice on places for dinner. Because of the shuttle, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: For those gold and platinum starwood members, Rooms near the stairway (xx01,xx02) make it easier to...